|Do not post sexually explicit material or link directly to it! This site has some young members for whom that sort of content is not apropriate. There are some discussions about private lives, but moderator's decisions are final.
I want to point out that when this forum is described as 'mature' this does not mean that this is an explicit site, it means that flaming, petty arguments, and other immaturity are not tolerated. Maturity is in the mind, not an age, and there are some young people on here so explicit topics and posts are not welcome. There's plenty of other boards for that kind of thing!
1) No hatred.
2) Mind your language.
3) No intimidation.
4) Don't be stubborn.
5) I respectfully request that you write in correct English.
Two other things to know:
1) You can't start topics until you have replied to at least one other topic.
2) You can't PM people until you have replied to at least one topic.
This is to help prevent inappropriate material being sent by automated systems to people who really don't want to see... Stuff.
To keep things running smoothly, here's what those rules mean in greater detail:
1) No hatred: This means that there is to be no sexism, racism, or homophobia. You can joke as long as everyone understands you're joking but if there is breech of this rule I ban you. Simple as that.
2) Mind your language: While my site and this forum are for people with a certain maturity to handle issues, this doesn't mean that they have an old vocabulary. Be sensible, some of the people looking at this might be very young and I've never been in the game of corrupting innocents. I've not put restrictions on the language you can use in posts because I hope you'll be responsible. Anyway, it's far more fun to be creative with your swearing, 'arsebuckets' is a favorite of mine.
3) No intimidation: You're online, don't bother making threats. It's not big, it's not clever and it's very dull to read (you also risk being banned for it). If you wish to playfully trade insults with another person then make absolutely sure that there can be no mistake about the tone of your writing.
4) Don't be stubborn. Take an interest in finding out not just what people think but also why they think it, especially if you disagree with them. Once you establish this you may find a more interesting debate than the one that you started with and hopefully some understanding of the way that other people think.
5) I respectfully request that you write in correct English. This is not a forum for text-speak or leet ('1337'). There are many many places on the web where that is welcome, but this forum is for people who actually want to be able to read each-other's posts easily. This means using capital letters, punctuation in appropriate places, and the full spelling of words. A little abbreviation occasionally does no harm, but if yr psts lk lyk dis then it's harder work for everyone else to read. Forums are about communication and excessive abbreviation damages this for everyone. Learning to type in correct English (or foreign languages) is an incredibly useful skill and it's worth learning to do as soon as possible. It might seem like hard work to begin with but it does get a lot easier and you will benefit from it in the long run when you are capable of expressing yourself more clearly. We all make mistakes, and some of us have limited language skills for good reasons, but I do request that everyone makes the effort to the limit of their ability.
Okay, that's the rules. Have fun!
Now for the more formal stuff:
Forum Terms & Rules
Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.