IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4th Of July Fireworks Show, it's a holiday for some of us. be happy.
MistressAlti
post Jul 4 2003, 04:08 PM
Post #1

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Yay for quasi-patriotism and cheap Old Navy flag T-shirts.

I think I only like this holiday for the fireworks.

In celebration, here's your fireworks show. (Do not try this at home, kids, I'm a professional bandwidth-stealer.)

Feel free to applaud appreciatively now. And talk about the holiday if you want. Happy Friday.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jul 4 2003, 05:20 PM
Post #2

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! *applauds muchly* thats just brilliant! i love them! biggrin.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Jul 4 2003, 05:53 PM
Post #3

I post more than I speak

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 116

happy 4th, all us US people biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jul 4 2003, 06:00 PM
Post #4

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Now those are the kinda fireworks I love! They are sooooo pretty smile.gif

Happy Independence Day, you guys! Watch out fer aliens shootin the White House laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jul 5 2003, 01:09 AM
Post #5

Light On The Surface

Member No.: 91

/me 'oohs' and 'aahs' like a good audience-member

Good display, Missy. Huzzah!

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
racingaway13
post Jul 5 2003, 07:55 AM
Post #6

theres a chance im dead... 25 a poke!

Member No.: 122

damn the 4th of july.... damn it to hell.... i wish it would die!
first off, im very u-patriotic, i honestly do hope someone shoots george bush very soon, and i have wished this since the day i found out he was running for president. another problem with the holiday is this year me mum decided that we were going to host a big family party. family parties in my family are the worst for me. i really hate typical americana culture, guess what my family is!?!? STUPID PENSYLVANIAN PREPS THAT WOULDNT KNOW POLITICAL HUMOR IF IT BIT THEM ON THE ASS! then theres the fact that im a VEGITARIAN! so of course everyone is eating meat and hamburgers and every other kind of dead animal you can think while for the past week almost ive been eating nothing but boca burgers.... they are fine once or twice a week.... but not daily....
luckily, by some slight of hand, i get to have sushi for the 5th of july party, so i think im gonna have my weird self sitting around eating sushi with chopsticks with a whole crapload of wasabi while everyone else eats their artery clogging dead animal! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... and then i think ill work on scaring the remaining ones off with very loud german hard rock-bagpipe music. then ya know what?!?!? imma EAT THEM ALL!!!! YEAH!!!! YOU HEARD ME!!!! IM AN ANTI AMERICAN CANNIBAL!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! IMMA EAT THEM ALL!!!
*gets his head shot off by a CIA sniper*

--------------------
"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" Gahndi
caffine is truely good for you *starts twitching uncontrollably*
this sig is best viewed using notepad...i do this because no one wants to read my stupid crap

ok so on to the party affiliations....
i now have a noob!!! yay! zoey yay! you came to the forums! hehehe, and im one step up, i already know her! go zoey go! be anti-social in a social setting!i have an e-sister!!! yay!!! go raven!!! i used to be married to ninja kitty but she abandoned me so now my e-wife is kawaii neko who is hot and sexy. rawr
i have no anti noob, PM me for anti adoption possiabilities i have no life, PM me for donations
i do in fact have a vodka imp!! YAY!! shes called yodel and lives in my computer case
i do in fact also have cult of my own, its the -ness cult so join so that we can spite those -ish barbarians
i have a acid bunny that gives me trips and trips to las vegas... his name is Dr Gonzo and i need to rent a convertable...
i am a proud member of the mr SB death cult and i have the smitemaster to prove it
i have seized craziness as a minion, i dont care what she grumbles and such, i seized her and i dont see anything in the geneva convention otherwise
im writing alot now, so be happy you know alot about what great humanitarian efforts i have made in this forum!
also, go to My blog

+Quote Post
porcelainwarrior
post Jul 5 2003, 08:11 AM
Post #7

not forgotten

Member No.: 323

erm ... ok so - a slight downer on racingaways *ahem* outburst but ... i liked the fireworks! purdy ......

/me appluads manically

--------------------
Little solace comes to those who grieve
When thoughts keep drifting
As walls keep shifting
And this great blue world of ours
Seems a
house of leaves

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Jul 5 2003, 02:50 PM
Post #8

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

Me brother was in Central Park for the July 4th fireworks. His friend lives there and he was visiting. Lucky Bastage. I never get to go to NY. Bah.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Jul 5 2003, 07:08 PM
Post #9

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

/me is mesmerised

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 5 2003, 07:36 PM
Post #10

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

Yes. My fireworks rocked. happy.gif Go me.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 6 2003, 04:28 PM
Post #11

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (racingaway13 @ Jul 5 2003, 12:55 AM)
luckily, by some slight of hand, i get to have sushi for the 5th of july party

fish are animals too! tongue.gif

anyhow...ooooo and ahhhh at the fireworks. biggrin.gif i went to a fireworks display in a ghost town near here...but they screwed up and didn't get to see the big finale sad.gif they obviously aren't as professional as missy!

we also went to a parade in the same town earlier in the day, and good lord they need lessons on how to do that...lol. spaces the size of two blocks between each of the floats. oh and i got sunburned. gah.

yesterday was my husband's bday, so we went to boise, intending to go see some car show..but WOOOOOO we never made it to the car show...just lurked around malls and the like all day...and today i'm dyeing my hair purple and black..hehe. neato.

today we're going over to my parents' house to have the bday dinner w/ them a day late...and get drunk and play capture the flag. all in all a good 4th of july weekend! i like the 4th cause i usually have fun w/ my immediate family when we get together..and extended family seldom comes out here to visit us. i also love the professional fireworks. but i hate idiots who let their kids play w/ the illegal fireworks they bought in idaho. bad, bad people!

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jul 6 2003, 08:01 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 374

i blowed stuff up, and i shot bottle rockets at cars

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Jul 8 2003, 12:04 AM
Post #13

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Member No.: 383

My 4th of July mood was and often is more similar to what racingaway posted above. I'm not really into it, patriotism seems like arbitrary bullcrap to me, and my partner's family often drags us off to places and events that we'd rather not attend anyway. This weekend was some big family reunion, which was being planned by my partner's mother -- meaning that we were expected to do some of the helping out in setting up. That family has a historic tendency of losing and misplacing things, by the way. Always plagued by bad luck and whatnot. We started off the day by locking the car keys in the car. Then my sweetie and I were supposed to drive to the hotel to pick up his little bro, but his parents couldn't find their hotel room key and couldn't remember what room number they were in anyway. Then a part went missing from their SUV so we had to grab the other car and cruise around trying to find an auto parts store that was open.

Blah blah blah miscellaneous crap, and then I discovered that I was badly sunburned. We usually run into cloudy and cold weather when we go to the SF Bay Area, but this time it was actually sunny and warm. So there I was, equipped with sweatshirts instead of sunblock for once. Now my week is ruined because it's so painful to sleep and shower with badly burnt shoulders.

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 02:39 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!