IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Twilight, how do you like your vampires?
Ashbless
post Dec 8 2011, 07:25 AM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

Just wondering if there were Twilight fans on the forums.

I read the books. I will read anything that happens to be near me for a long enough period of time. In this case I wanted to see what the hype was about.
I'm not really a fan. I prefer my vampires pale and not sparkly.

What did other people think?

I haven't seen any of the films. Are they worthwhile to rent? Possibly for holiday down time?

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Dec 9 2011, 01:05 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

I read them, but not for myself. I've seen one of the films. The series as a whole is not for me, but other people seem to like it.

If you're not a fan of the books, I wouldn't really recommend the films. Unless you're going for a strictly visual experience. Especially if you're paying for it.

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Dec 9 2011, 03:19 AM
Post #3

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

i think it's a huge escapist mary sue fantasy for a trapped mormon housewife who subconsciously resents her lifestyle and how things went for her.

none of the characters have any defining characteristics (bella is not quite anything, edward is intensely everything), the writing is terrible, the ideas it puts into young men/women's heads are absolutely ridiculous considering edward's bona fide abusive behavior, and stephanie meyer breaks several of her own vampire rules in the books - for instance, alice's hair is a half grown out pixie cut because she was changed while she was growing out her hair. while bella is human, her demon spawn baby (that came about because her hundred year old vampire boyfriend who was changed at 17 never ejaculated. not never had sex, never ejaculated. not nocturnally, not while masturbating, never.) made her grotesquely underweight and broke several bones, yet bella returns to a normal weight and regenerates her entire appearance once she's changed.

it's a joke of a series meant for people to indulge their darkest, most mundane desires.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 06:11 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!