IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brooklands FM - a Smiler ON THE AIR, Matt's gone and got himself a real life radio show... ish
Smiler
post May 20 2008, 08:27 AM
Post #1

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

Morning Ladies & Gents,

I just wanted to take a moment of your time to let you in on a little project Iím involved in outside of work that may help you enjoy the last hour and a bit of the working day a couple of times this week.

Donít worry; you wonít even have to leave your desk!!!

Iím a member of Brooklands FM, a new local radio station broadcasting to communities in and around the Brooklands, Woking, Weybridge, Byfleet and Staines area of Surrey. We are hoping to apply for a full FM licence later in the year but in the meantime are running an internet broadcast, for a bit of fun, starting on the 19th May through to the 15th June, from Cosmic Electrical Store in AddlestoneÖ and Iíll be live on air!!!
We have about 40 members from very different backgrounds and will be broadcasting a wide variety of music (new, old and live) covering the last 40 years or so. Weíll also be focussing on local news, events, information interviews and new musical talent from the area and, best of all, itíll involve me!!!

Iíve got three shows this week: today, Thursday & Friday from 4 Ė 5.30. Why not listen in and enjoy the fun??!? You can receive the stream by clicking on to http://www.brooklandsfm.co.uk

While the focus is local and community based radio, due to the magic of the internet you can listen in from anywhere. You can even contribute to the show, request songs and win prizes too: e-mail: studio@brooklandsfm.co.uk or call the studio on 01932 832408. Weíll be running competitions every day for your chance to win great prizes (today's great prizes a Samsung MP3 player worth £99 and a Whirlpool microwave worth £105) so why not brighten that last hour of the day, plus a little time after 5, with a cracking set of songs and chat from yours truly? Or you can listen to the other guys on the station, your call ;o)

More info can be found at http://www.brooklandsfm.co.uk.

Hope you can listen and hope you enjoy.

Cheers guys

Matt, the ever Smilin'

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Izzy
post May 20 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #2

Germany > Spain...

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 2,184

Congratz! I'm trying to listen now but the 'Listen Live' link isn't working. sad.gif
*edit* Never mind it works in IE. Now just can't let the teacher see I'm listening to anything..
*edit again* Ok, never mind it doesn't work.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Moosh
post May 20 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #3

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

I'm listening live now!

Smiler's playing Status Quo - Don't Stop

Only got home in time for the last 20 minutes or so but loved it.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post May 20 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #4

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Member No.: 535

Yay a bone fida listener

Good to hear you liked it, other shows this week are:

Thursday 4-5.30
Friday 4-5.30

Ingrain into the memory banks!!! Friday's gonna be an interesting one too, my first live interview ... and it's gonna be a digerie do player... oo er...

Anyone! Email/call me when I'm on and you can win stuff... maybe... at the very least give away radio hugs... ask FaerieRyn, they're special ;o)

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Smiler
post May 20 2008, 08:06 PM
Post #5

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

OK, so the above was actually posted under Ryn's name in error... stooooopid log in changing.

QUOTE (Izzy @ May 20 2008, 02:53 PM) *
Congratz! I'm trying to listen now but the 'Listen Live' link isn't working. sad.gif
*edit* Never mind it works in IE. Now just can't let the teacher see I'm listening to anything..

You may find its 'cos it runs through Windows media although yeah it tends to work better through IE I think.

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Moosh
post May 20 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Smiler @ May 20 2008, 09:06 PM) *

You may find its 'cos it runs through Windows media although yeah it tends to work better through IE I think.

I used firefox, but streamed it through itunes. works pretty well.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post May 20 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #7

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

That's fantastic!

I've put a reminder in my calendar app, so will have a listen if I am about. How's it going/ hope it's going well?

biggrin.gif x

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Izzy
post May 20 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #8

Germany > Spain...

QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ May 20 2008, 04:08 PM) *
QUOTE (Smiler @ May 20 2008, 09:06 PM) *

I used firefox, but streamed it through itunes. works pretty well.

I blame lame school computers for not having iTunes then.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Smiler
post May 21 2008, 07:52 AM
Post #9

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Well there's a couple of days you can work around it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smiler
post May 22 2008, 07:39 AM
Post #10

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Back on today - 4pm ;o)

--------------------

+Quote Post
leopold
post May 22 2008, 09:13 AM
Post #11

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Sounds cool, Smiler! I'll have to remember to figure out how to bypass the corporate firewall to get to it.

Is it on Shoutcast? If it is I might just be able to stream it through Twonkymedia and play it on my wireless music player. That'll save me hacking company security.

Oh, and congrats on the mod status, bud. Hope the mod pants fit better than mine do wink.gif

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 22 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #12

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The stream is working at the moment, but the firewall crashes down after 2pm so we'll see if it's still working later. I'll see if I can sneak out an email later.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Moosh
post May 22 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #13

I turned it on and immediately knew it was Matt, he was talking about LARPing. Good work sir.

And now a bit of James Brown, it just gets better.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)

+Quote Post
Smiler
post May 23 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #14

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

YAy! Thanks guys. Mata, hope you liked the dedication ;o) (and shameless plug!!!). Figured that i might get away with it and seems that I did. Woohoo... now, tomorrow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 23 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #15

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I did enjoy the dedication greatly. Good show Matt, I look forward to the next one.

Technically I'm not allowed streaming media at work, so it might get blocked in the end, but until then I'll be tuning in quite regularly.

Some of the adverts remind me of Mr Snaffleburger animations.

I anticipate Monkey News in today's show, but I finish work at five so you'll need to do it before then!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Izzy
post May 23 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #16

Germany > Spain...

I'm going to download iTunes now, fairly sure we'll be in our seats for most of the day, so hopefully I'll be able to listen!

*edit* Gah school is lame. How do you get past Firewall?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 02:26 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!