Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Might Have To Get Surgery On My Leg, :(
monkey_called_na...
post Oct 12 2004, 06:02 AM
Post #1

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 408

i was playing softball sunday night, and a chick slamed into my knee, i was playing first base... and im fairly sure sliding into first is illeagal... but its been several years (with the exception of sunday) since the last time ive played... so you might wqant to check me on that... and jennifer slammed into my leg... right below my knee and my bone is bruised and i pulled all the tendons in the back of my knee... dry.gif and one of them is treatening to tottaly seprerate from the bone sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif i jsut got home from the hospital... and there telling me i either have to not walk at all for the next several days... or i might possibly have to get surgery on it... sad.gif which will be fairly expencive... so i dont think im going to be online for a few days... i kinnda snuck onto the computer via my crutches now that everyone has gone to sleep... but i dont think i want to risk this any more... sad.gif sad.gif wish me luck in the upcoming 2 weeks (when my leg will either heal... or ill have to get surgery on it) sad.gif sad.gif

p.s. im kinnda freaking out bout this... but im really thankfull that she hit me where she did... if it was any higher she would have shaddered my knee cap

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Oct 12 2004, 02:10 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

Aw, I'm sorry that you're hurted. Feel better soon. And I hope they don't have to amputate.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 12 2004, 02:19 PM
Post #3

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Ouch that's painful. I hope all goes well for you.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 13 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Yeowch, that's really nasty *hugs Narth* but like you say, at least it wasn't the kneecap, they're _really_ bad at healing properly.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
ravein
post Oct 13 2004, 12:45 AM
Post #5

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

In ASA softball sliding into first is legal, though unnecessary since you can run trough the bag and still be safe as long as you veer to the right and do not make an inward turn toward second base. From a coaching aspect it does more harm than good to slide cause you lose momentum.
*takes off coaches hat*
*puts on players hat*

OWWWWWWWWW!!! I know that had to hurt. I am so sorry!!
Something similar pretty much ended my softball career. My knee hyper extended causing the kneecap to break loose from the tendons and actually slide down my leg. I had to actually put it back into place. Since surgery would keep me off my feet for 6 months I went with physical therapy. I still have problems with it today, hence why I coach now. I would suggest you get the surgery. It probably will not be as evasive as mine and you will most likely make a full recovery. You will probably lose a year of game time but it beats having to deal with the pain for the rest of your life and quite possibly ending you career.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Oct 13 2004, 03:29 AM
Post #6

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Oct 12 2004, 10:10 AM)
Aw, I'm sorry that you're hurted. Feel better soon. And I hope they don't have to amputate.

Amputate? and here I thought it was something that could be cured by an operation... Please, don't wish anything worse than simple surgery on her... (Her, right? Or do I need a different pronoun?) Feel better, Narth. Heal well.

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Oct 16 2004, 02:42 AM
Post #7

update: thankfully... im safe as far as the tendon seperating from the back of knee thank god/allah/buddah/whatever deity you follow... i do have some down time tho... but the doc said i would only be down for a mounth and thankfully.. i wont have to have any surgery on my knee... its still fairly painfull and i cant straighten my knee... which im going to be diond physicall therapy for... lots of streatching and such... whish is fine with me... thanks for your support... i might not be on as often since i have to hobble up a flight of stairs with crutches... but in my excitment... i wannted to say.... YAY! and give you an update...

im a she....

and i was playing with my church at the time... and the girl that slid into me... hated me because... well... the guy she likes is one of my good freinds... and he cant stand her....

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Oct 18 2004, 08:17 PM
Post #8

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

I don't think she meant to give you anything serious, but atleast you don't need surgery and nothing TOO serious and that now your on a road to recovery.

(See I made a nice post.)

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Oct 19 2004, 12:38 AM
Post #9

*gives mutilation a cookie* good boy... i knew you could do it!

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 19 2004, 01:25 PM
Post #10

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Big YAY! for Narth! I'm really pleased for you. This is great news.

And well done to Mu for not offending anyone or hijacking the thread biggrin.gif I knew you could do it!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Oct 20 2004, 04:08 AM
Post #11

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

QUOTE (Mata @ Oct 19 2004, 09:25 AM)
Big YAY! for Narth! I'm really pleased for you. This is great news.

And well done to Mu for not offending anyone or hijacking the thread biggrin.gif I knew you could do it!

(Seconds Mata's Yay!) Hijacking a thread is a bad thing? Is leniency given for being entertaining, at least? I'm asking for myself, as Mu has rarely been entertaining... wink.gif (I calls 'em as I sees 'em... laugh.gif ).

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Laramon
post Oct 26 2004, 10:39 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,360

Narth,

It is a very good thing that you do not have to have an operation. I would suggest that you do NOT miss any physical therapy visits, though.

You see, when I was but a wee boy, I had an accident on a motorcycle. I was on a packed mud road with no gravel going 120kph, when I lost control. I threw myself off of it, but my knee got caught between 3 trees and the vehicle. The knee made a loud crack, but that was the least of my worries at the time. I went rolling about 30m down a hill, then came to a stop on a tree trunk. I walked 3 steps and it felt like my left leg disappeared; my knee went from the middle of my leg to my ankle. I crawled up the side of the hill and lay there until curiosity got the best of me; I won't trouble you with the graphic details of what I found when I rolled up my trousers.

After my FIRST operation, the doctor told me I would never walk again. After 2 years, another doctor saw me and did a SECOND operation. He told me then to start putting weight on it so that the muscles would drecover from their atrophied state. 6 months later I had a THIRD operation where they took out the hardware that was holding my tibial plateau together and he told me to throw away the crutches; I would be walking with a cane from now on.

I can run, but for short distances. I can walk, I can stand, etc. But it hurts... I miss being the old me. So like I said, NEVER miss any physical therapy sessions. You will get better, and you will enjoy the rest of your life.

--------------------
Trapped inside a little box with Feyliya's name on it. Send relief supplies and donations.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 11:00 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!