IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Got A Kitten!, What should I name her?
lygophilia
post Oct 24 2004, 11:24 PM
Post #1

Wanted: Meaningful Overnight Relationship

Group: New Members
Member No.: 634

My dad went away for two weeks to visit my uncle in Dallas, which is where I lived for a while. I told my dad, jokingly, to bring back my best friend, Chad. Instead he brought home a two-week old kitten. A stray from my uncle's ranch had a litter of kittens. My uncle went to Houston with his fifth wheel for a while. After three days, a kitten fell out from underneath it, full of red ant bites. Apparently its mother put her up in it to try to save her from the ants. She was nearly dead; a friend bottle-fed her and nursed her back to health. She didn't leave my dad's lap the whole time he was down there, so he decided he'd take her.

I had a little dog, Bandit, for about twelve years, but when we tried to sell our house to move back to Missouri we had to get rid of him. sad.gif Now I have another furry little pet to take care of. But I'm not positive what to name it. I wanted something really cute (but not too girly), and not too common. I thought Tinkerbelle was cute, but dad doesn't. dry.gif Then I thought a I'd name her after a sexy vampire from from my favorite book series, Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, but it's a girl. Plus Jean-Claude isn't a very good kitty name. wink.gif Right now, we're going with Roxy (although that's what I called my first "real" boyfriend's cat, Roxanne, and I hate that guy now, so I'm not sure). Anyone have any ideas? She's equally black and white (with really sharp claws. Have to wait six months before we can de-claw her though. The friend said she liked baths, but we tried giving her a bath to get rid of her fleas and... now I'm covered in scratches, which is the one reason I hesitated before getting her. But she was fine when dad tried bathing her. Darn it. Bandit loved my mom, and Roxy loves my dad. What about me? sad.gif)

So... any ideas?

--------------------
Blog Site DeviantArt
Don't give me that kinkier-than-thou attitude!
If you are feeling good, don't worry. You'll get over it.
Prejudice is wrong; you should hate everyone the same!
We are born naked, wet, and hungry, then things get worse.
Get your mind out of the gutter, you're blocking my periscope!
Some mornings it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me!
People say that everyone has a few skeletons in their closet, but I don't. Not yet anyway. The bodies are still decomposing.
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 24 2004, 11:29 PM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

You could name her Chad. After all - you did tell your Dad to bring you Chad. wink.gif Guess it isn't really a girl's name.

What about Mittens? You could say it's because of white paws but you'd know differently...

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Oct 24 2004, 11:43 PM
Post #3

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

You could always go for the more traditional names, such as,

"Oi! You!",
"Get away from the lasagne!",
"Ow!", or
"Gerroffityoubastard!"

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
lygophilia
post Oct 24 2004, 11:44 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Ashbless @ Oct 24 2004, 05:29 PM)
You could name her Chad.  After all - you did tell your Dad to bring you Chad.  wink.gif Guess it isn't really a girl's name.

What about Mittens?  You could say it's because of white paws but you'd know differently...
I actually thought about calling her Chadly. tongue.gif But then dad would get on my ass about being "over" him, and junk. dry.gif

I can't believe I never thought about Mittens. I did think about Snowflake though. But I named my dead gerbil that. Well, I named her that when she was alive. My brother's gerbil killed her while we were away. I think I named my big stuffed kitty Snowflake, too. Both of these were about ten years ago though. I also thought of calling her Sara after our lovely LGG, but I want something less... human.

--------------------
Blog Site DeviantArt
People say that everyone has a few skeletons in their closet, but I don't. Not yet anyway. The bodies are still decomposing.
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 24 2004, 11:50 PM
Post #5

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Although the character is actually called Snowdrop... But that's a common mistake.

How about a French name? They're usually rather pretty sounding, I like Cybele:

http://www.babynamenetwork.com/detail.cfm?...e&gender=Female

More here:

http://www.babynamenetwork.com/origin.cfm?...ale&start_row=1

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Oct 25 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #6

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Oct 24 2004, 06:43 PM)
You could always go for the more traditional names, such as,

"Oi! You!",
"Get away from the lasagne!",
"Ow!", or
"Gerroffityoubastard!"

biggrin.gif

Or "Nobody Likes You!!!!!" <--- best cat name evar

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Oct 25 2004, 12:28 AM
Post #7

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

She's black and white and she survives damn near anything? Call her Anita Blake! biggrin.gif Or Laurell!

My roommate John says call her Pickle. I don't know why....

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Oct 25 2004, 12:46 AM
Post #8

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

My sister has a red (Ginger, for you Brits...) tiger cat, named Tigger, whom she rescued from Fire ants (Red ants with attitude... they attack anything that crosses their path, and will go for the mucus membranes of newbornes, first. Nasty little monsters...). The poor thing is half blind, because of the attack.

As for names... How about Harlequin (Harley for short...), or Janus. Possibly Gemini? Chirascuro? (Okay, I know I'm getting silly... laugh.gif ) Chess? (Y'know, Black and White? I mean, if a dog can be named Checkers...).

just a few random thoughts...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Oct 25 2004, 12:53 AM
Post #9

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

QUOTE (Feyliya @ Oct 25 2004, 12:28 AM)
She's black and white and she survives damn near anything?  Call her Anita Blake! biggrin.gif Or Laurell!

I thought Anita too when I read the post. Pretty name, not sure about it for a kitton but can have cute nicknames to go with it. tongue.gif

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Oct 25 2004, 12:53 AM
Post #10

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Aww fuzzy kitty. Don't name it something boring and simple. But don't overdo yourself, either.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
lygophilia
post Oct 25 2004, 02:34 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Today, 06:46 PM,Oct 24 2004)
My sister has a red (Ginger, for you Brits...) tiger cat, named Tigger, whom she rescued from Fire ants (Red ants with attitude... they attack anything that crosses their path, and will go for the mucus membranes of newbornes, first. Nasty little monsters...). The poor thing is half blind, because of the attack.
Aww. Darn ants. Luckily, my kittle (what my friend calls kittens) seems to be okay though.
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Today, 06:28 PM)
She's black and white and she survives damn near anything? Call her Anita Blake!  Or Laurell!
laugh.gif Anita Blake kind of fits when you put it that way.
QUOTE (Feyliya @ Today, 06:28 PM)
My roommate John says call her Pickle. I don't know why....
Or maybe I should go with some other food name, like Ketchup, Peanut Butter, or Jelly. tongue.gif
QUOTE (Mata @ Oct 24 2004, 05:50 PM)
Although the character is actually called Snowdrop... But that's a common mistake.
*snaps* That's right. I always do that. I was thinking I may have had it wrong; I almost went to check. Gonna have to pound the 'drop' part into my brain with a hammer!

At the moment, we're going with Precious. Dad said it's hard to yell at something called that. When my mother suggesting naming my brother Ray, after my father, he said no because he didn't want to be yelling at himself. Always the first thing he thinks of. Kinda tells ya something about my dad. wink.gif

I'm still open for suggestions. smile.gif

--------------------
Blog Site DeviantArt

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Oct 25 2004, 02:54 AM
Post #12

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

appropriate names for cats.... Hmmm.

How about Chase? Hissy? Pounce?

As it's black and white:

Rocky (For Rocky road), Chip (Chocolate chip), and Cruiser (Police black and white unit). Of course, my favorite: Chess.

'course, you could go with the Classics:

Maggie, or Rum Tum Tugger.

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
lygophilia
post Oct 25 2004, 04:09 AM
Post #13

Well, my brother thinks she should have a "real" name. Back to the drawing board. Or in this case, the name book. It's hard to have four people decide on a name. Well, three; my mom will call it what she wants no matter what we name her. She'd call the neighbors yappy dog Daisy; his name is actually Brutus. Now she just calls him "Shut up!" tongue.gif
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Oct 24 2004, 08:54 PM)
appropriate names for cats.... Hmmm.

How about Chase? Hissy? Pounce?
I thought about Chase, but wasn't sure because it's a girl. Pounce is cute. They both make sense. She loves the lazer pointer. She'll 'chase' and 'pounce' on the little red light for ever. happy.gif I wonder if she'll ever get tired of it. Hope not. She's so cute. I put her in my hat, and she just lied their with her little front paws layin' on the edge. Then I took her out because she still has 10-20 fleas. Plus eggs. dry.gif The stuff we bought to kill them can't be used until she's another 10 weeks old. That's a lot of fleas (and scratches because we'll have to keep bathing her to kill them) if we can't find her another one. But the good news is if I ever decide to cut my wrists again, I can just giver her a bath instead. laugh.gif

--------------------
Blog Site DeviantArt

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Oct 25 2004, 05:27 AM
Post #14

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

fatty mcCatty.... nough' said.

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
beleraphon
post Oct 25 2004, 07:52 AM
Post #15

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,001

Don't you even fucking well think about de-clawing that animal.
It is ILLEGAL in the UK and increadably cruel, how would you like the fist joint of your fingers amputated, and all because you can't be bothered to train it not to scratch the damn sofa.

I'm appaulled and disgusted, you shouldn't be allowed a pet if you are going to do something quite that barbarc.

If I had more time I'd send you a few weblinks about this disgusting and inhumane practice. You do know it will make her more likely to bite and to foul the house don't you as she won't be able to climb to safe places as easily if threatened?

(and yeah I swore, because I feel very very passioinatly about this - if you don't like it throw me off the site)

--------------------
Grass is taking over the world. Have you noticed it’s everywhere?

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Oct 25 2004, 08:07 AM
Post #16

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

i had to get my kitty declawed when it was a kitten sad.gif poor super rad... it got stung by a bee on the paw of its foot and they had to declaw it because it kept getting infected and it almost had to have a leg amputated... (i was like 8 at the time... and super rad ended up extreamly spoiled... and was more wide then tall she died a few years ago... she was big fluffy and white except for her tail and her ear... which was calico...)

but she never bit or "fouled the house" actually... she was the sweetest cat we ever owned... all cuddly... and soft... and slept on my head every night....

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Oct 25 2004, 02:13 PM
Post #17

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (beleraphon @ Oct 25 2004, 08:52 AM)
Don't you even f*cking well think about de-clawing that animal.
It is ILLEGAL in the UK and increadably cruel, how would you like the fist joint of your fingers amputated, and all because you can't be bothered to train it not to scratch the damn sofa.

*points* what she said, but censored, it's kinda like the catty version of a frontal lobotomy

i always wanted a kitty, but i want a boy cat, wouldn't know how to name a girl cat....

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Oct 25 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #18

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

QUOTE (beleraphon @ Oct 25 2004, 07:52 AM)
Don't you even fucking well think about de-clawing that animal.

I'm appaulled and disgusted, you shouldn't be allowed a pet if you are going to do something quite that barbarc.

If I had more time I'd send you a few weblinks about this disgusting and inhumane practice. You do know it will make her more likely to bite and to foul the house don't you as she won't be able to climb to safe places as easily if threatened?

(and yeah I swore, because I feel very very passioinatly about this - if you don't like it throw me off the site)

Umh...I'm a little confusled. Unless I completely missed it, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody has mentioned declawing a cat in the entire thread. And rightfully so, I think. It's not a good decision for a healthy cat, indoors or outdoors. Cats who have been declawed aren't really cats anymore, they are really more like feline-shaped husks.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Oct 25 2004, 06:11 PM
Post #19

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

Well I've had nine in my time, and I find anything works really, but try and make it a nice name if you're intending on keeping her for any length of time. I've got a fourteen year old (my first, and currently only last) called Sophie, and she's the most adorable thing on earth, although I think she's started going a bit downhill sinse I left home. Been going off food and everything... shame. I really love that cat. But we've had all sorts of names. We got a stray from one of the family's friends once and called him Moses, though he was really wild. Used to get into loads of fights, and went out for extended periods of time. When we moved house, he was out, and we've never seen him again sinse... There's also been Casper and Pepper, who got put down because they weren't being cared for enough (on my mums side of the family, not my dad's - we care for our animals), Maureen who ran away (possibly because of the name), Ziggy, who was the last one to go and just sort of faded away... Wallace was our other kitten, exact copy of Moses, only he became roadkill... and I forget the others. I was very young when we had them. But Sophie was the first and is the last... I kinda like that name justnow. It's a real ladies name for a real lady. It has a lot of dignity, same as her, so I think that names like that are inportant.

As to the declawing thing, I agree. Don't have it done. It spoils life for the cat, sinse everything in their instincts says "scratch". Sophie still does it to our couches, but thats only because we don't have any scratching posts left after fourteen years of destruction, and because the dogs would just eat it. In fact, if I remember correctly, Sophie's never even been "fixed" at all, so its a bit of a surprise that we've never had any little bundles of fur left on our carpets. I guess she's just too precious for all those alleycats...

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Oct 25 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #20

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

I was a bit confused about the declawing thing too. Cats scratch when you put them near water this is life. Cats are gorgeous too and I a gree with your dad about the name precious. It does however sound a bit old lady name to me. Have you though about checking out what names mean and finding one that means precious or maybe saved from fire ants when very small? As names for pets go I try for unusual names that have gone out of fashion. What about th name of a famous actress from the balcka nd white screen? Or maybe yin or yang? Random name generators can be good for picking these sorts of names but don't use the glam rock name other wise you might be in a bit of trouble whenyou yell for her to come in for chow!

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Oct 25 2004, 07:08 PM
Post #21

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (lygophilia @ Oct 25 2004, 12:24 AM)
My dad went away for two weeks to visit my uncle in Dallas, which is where I lived for a while. I told my dad, jokingly, to bring back my best friend, Chad. Instead he brought home a two-week old kitten. A stray from my uncle's ranch had a litter of kittens. My uncle went to Houston with his fifth wheel for a while. After three days, a kitten fell out from underneath it, full of red ant bites. Apparently its mother put her up in it to try to save her from the ants. She was nearly dead; a friend bottle-fed her and nursed her back to health. She didn't leave my dad's lap the whole time he was down there, so he decided he'd take her.

I had a little dog, Bandit, for about twelve years, but when we tried to sell our house to move back to Missouri we had to get rid of him. sad.gif Now I have another furry little pet to take care of. But I'm not positive what to name it. I wanted something really cute (but not too girly), and not too common. I thought Tinkerbelle was cute, but dad doesn't. dry.gif Then I thought a I'd name her after a sexy vampire from from my favorite book series, Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, but it's a girl. Plus Jean-Claude isn't a very good kitty name. wink.gif Right now, we're going with Roxy (although that's what I called my first "real" boyfriend's cat, Roxanne, and I hate that guy now, so I'm not sure). Anyone have any ideas? She's equally black and white (with really sharp claws. Have to wait six months before we can de-claw her though. The friend said she liked baths, but we tried giving her a bath to get rid of her fleas and... now I'm covered in scratches, which is the one reason I hesitated before getting her. But she was fine when dad tried bathing her. Darn it. Bandit loved my mom, and Roxy loves my dad. What about me? sad.gif)

So... any ideas?

reference to declawing

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 25 2004, 07:34 PM
Post #22

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Re: declawing - If you train the little one now to a scratching post then she'll use it later as a bigger cat. Try to praise her, "good kitty" or a small taste of favourite food, whenever you see her scratch the post and get a water pistol or plant mister for when you see her scratching anywhere else. Sprinkling a little catnip on the post may also attract her over to it. You can also, maybe, teach her to come when you call her, 'sit', 'heel', and if you have a really trainable cat 'fetch'. If you want to walk on a leash later then you'll want to start getting her used to wearing a harness or collar now. Otherwise when you try it later, she'll go all boneless kitty and try to convince you that she can't possibly walk with the terrible harness on her body. dry.gif Ditto car rides. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Dante has 'sit' and will stand on his hind legs on command but is iffy on 'come here' and won't fetch to save his fur. laugh.gif He's pretty good about solely using the scratch posts. He prefers the vertical ones to the horizontal or slanted scratchers though. He's good in the car but tends to try to look out every window possible for the first 10 -15 minutes of the ride. He'll also magically "know" when he's headed for a vet checkup and will hide under the seat with all claws gripping the undercarpet. Poor old cat. biggrin.gif

For names you could also look at T.S. Elliot's book of practical cats. Though I could also suggest just naming the cat "Dinner" as that is when she'll probably come running. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
exceptional1709
post Oct 25 2004, 08:02 PM
Post #23

Incapable of normal thought

Member No.: 1,344

Cat names have always been difficult in our house. We've had Alexander (aka Stupid), Emmeline (aka That ***** Animal), Foofy (don't ask), Flora (aka Shut Up- seems to be a very common name!) and now we have Jeoffry. If you want to know about his name then look here.

It doesn't really matter what you call them- if it's too long or fancy it will get shortened and if it doesn't fit you'll end up calling them something else anyway.

And as somebody said above, you might as well just call it Dinner because that's probably all it'll answer to!

--------------------
Official Beanbag-monger for TRIBE WYVERN (Visit us here!)
VOTE MR SB FOR FAVOURITE ANIMATION! (Go here to vote!)
--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--
Proud owner of a Violet Scuttler from the Tribe Wyvern lab. Not for rental or resale.
Mata loves us, this we know. Because the forums tell us so. All our souls to him belong. We are weak but he is strong
Always read the small print. You never know what it might say. You're leaving your brain open to subliminal messages. Being paranoid is good.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Oct 25 2004, 08:04 PM
Post #24

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

If you train the little one now to a scratching post then she'll use it later as a bigger ca

True - our cats used to scratch. We had this spray stuff that deterred them from most areas but for some reason the side of the couch by the back door was always a favourite place. We just put the scratching post there and they use that instead.

Occasinal one of them will try to attack the sofa but we just chuck a cushion in their general direction and they move pretty quick. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
beleraphon
post Oct 25 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #25

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,001

I used a plant mister on my pair to disicpline them, it worked a dream, and for a non harmful 'stop cat spray' use tinture of rue a drop of orange oil and a bit of lavender oil (for your nose) in a few spoons of a white alcohol such as vodka topped up witha load of water. They hate the smell and don't go near anything with it on, such as the furniture legs or curtains.

My pair now have a cat flap and a totally free to come and go as they please, day and night. (I live in a quiet area with very few slow moving cars so its really safe) Mostly they sharpen the ole claws outside on the trees/fence etc.. but had a scratch post as kittens and they still love to play and scrabble against it! They also love to scrath the cheap sissal doormat outside my front door, which I allow as it cost less than £1!

--------------------
Grass is taking over the world. Have you noticed it’s everywhere?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 06:19 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!