Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Goin' To Philly, Me and Spiffy
Righteous
post Oct 28 2004, 03:46 AM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

Tomorrow afternoon after university, I'm headed to the airport to fly to Philadelphia to meet up with my beloved Spiffy for four days. There, I'll be able to see Spiffy, hang out with some old friends of mine, go trick-or-treating in the wealthy neighborhoods not-too-far from my old one and get a major nostalgic shock seeing as how I haven't been to Pennslvania since I was sixteen.

Spiffy's going to be racing on the river on Saturday during the day and Sunday we'll be chilling with my old friend Dan and his girlfriend, or rather Spiffy and Dan's girlfriend will stand around witnessing me and Dan remember old times and make fun of eachother for being Jewish, Gentile, Asian, etc. Hopefully we'll catch up with my friendLiz nd go to one of the parties at her university that she's always telling me about. You know, the kinds with chicks and booze and drugs and guns and farm animals.

Wish us travelling mercies. We'll talk to you guys when we get back.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 28 2004, 07:21 PM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Have a great time. We want to see photos! tongue.gif
Maybe. unsure.gif blink.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Oct 28 2004, 07:39 PM
Post #3

<3

Member No.: 806

Yay! I hope you guys have fun. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 28 2004, 11:45 PM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Good luck in Phily airport, I hate the place! It's the worst airport I've been in!

Everything else will be lovely I'm sure smile.gif

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Oct 29 2004, 12:08 AM
Post #5

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Awww he beet me to making a thread about our prospective good times laugh.gif *pouts* hehehe oh well

Anyways, I should be bringing my digital camera so yes, pics should be available. I can't wait to see him, though it's going to be very hard to share him!

Ta ta matazonians! I'm off for philly tomorrow morning! yay!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Oct 30 2004, 03:22 AM
Post #6

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Cheers, Ri.

If you're in North Jersey, look me and artist.Unknown up.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Artemisia
post Oct 30 2004, 04:16 AM
Post #7

never enough yaoi in the world...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 783

Yes, I definitely want pictures. I believe pics of Righteous are rare on matazone!

This post has been edited by Artemisia: Oct 30 2004, 04:37 AM

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Oct 30 2004, 09:28 PM
Post #8

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Ri does have a picture up on the Family Album, though.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Little Green Got...
post Oct 31 2004, 06:50 AM
Post #9

Only YOU can answer that question!

Member No.: 384

So close and yet so far. Since moving to PA I've suddenly noticed that I'm not the only one of the forum to live in said state. And philly is rather close...a days drive, perhaps 2. And yet I doubt I'll meet any of ya till the next east coast meet, if there ever is one.

And so that brings me to say that you both better have some fun for little 'ol me. ^.^

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Nov 2 2004, 03:50 AM
Post #10

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (Mata @ Oct 28 2004, 07:45 PM)
Good luck in Phily airport, I hate the place! It's the worst airport I've been in

Yeah, that place was hellish. I went to the outside entrence to terminal F where they told me to go to terminal B. I got my ticket at terminal B where they told me that, after I got through security, I would have to take a shuttle bus to terminal C and walk to terminal B. Security was evil, too. I was actually relieved when I stepped back into Jacksonville international.

I believe pics of Righteous are rare on matazone!

And there's ample reason. I don't want to traumatize you guys.

Anyhow, it was cool. We saw my cousin and his girlfriend and Dan and Alana. My grandparents loves Spiffy as expected. We weren't able to go trick-or-treating or see Liz, but we did cruise South Street where I found a comic shop and proceeded to get mad excited over the graphic novels. I got a copy of The Hellraiser Collection II and would have gotten a Tank Girl TPB (Trade PaperBack) and two The Maxx TPBs, except I'm whipped and Spiffy said no. We also saw The Grudge and Team America: World Police in costume on Holloween night.

All in all, it was a good time. I'm only mad that I couldn't find a travel sized Wawa (bitchn' convenience store) and that Tastykake won't ship their snackfood to Florida. I was able to eat domestic food you can't get in the south, though, like Tastykakes and Zeigler's cider and cheesesteaks and those kick-ass soft pretzels.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Nov 2 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #11

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

The Hellraiser Collection II and would have gotten a Tank Girl TPB (Trade PaperBack) and two The Maxx TPBs, except I'm whipped and Spiffy said no.

LOL Hey!! You had 80 dollars to last you four days and those cost twenty a piece! If you spent it all on the graphic novels then you wouldn't have had money for tastey cakes. tongue.gif

And about the soft pretzles, those are shaped rather oddly in Philly...they look like half a pretzle to me.

Oy, and matazone! You will receive pictures of Righteous. *giggles evily* I have a lot of them on my digital camera, mostly of us in my hotel room, but there are a bunch! I should have them up by the end of the week at the latest. I'm trying to figure out the best way to show them though. Cut and paste? Or put them on a website and give a link.....

Decisions, decisions.

As for my crew race (which is why I got to go to Philly and see Ri) my four did really well. We received 9th out of 44 boats. I thought that was rather awesome.

Well, I have to go finish my hw so I'll stop rambling now!

</end spam>

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Nov 3 2004, 11:51 AM
Post #12

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ Nov 2 2004, 08:16 AM)
You will receive pictures of Righteous.  *giggles evily* I have a lot of them on my digital camera, mostly of us in my hotel room, but there are a bunch!

Baby, I know you didn't mean it like that, but that statement can sound very wrong to someone who doesn't know us, or is a serious perv.

--------------------

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Nov 3 2004, 11:57 PM
Post #13

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

We weren't able to go trick-or-treating or see Liz, but we did cruise South Street where I found a comic shop and proceeded to get mad excited over the graphic novels. I got a copy of The Hellraiser Collection II and would have gotten a Tank Girl TPB (Trade PaperBack) and two The Maxx TPBs, except I'm whipped and Spiffy said no.

Awesome. That comics place r0x0rz. They have some cool stuff that it's hard to find anywhere else, especially SLG. I always have to get dragged out by the hair.

And about the soft pretzles, those are shaped rather oddly in Philly...they look like half a pretzle to me.

Do not mock the Philly pretzel. It is a little-known fact that the Greek gods ate not just nectar and wotnot, but philly pretzels. It's true. Really.

Anyway, hope you had fun. Philly rocks. Next time you're up here, warn Mike and I and we'll sneak across the border. I know where they hide all the good italian ice. heh

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Nov 4 2004, 12:09 AM
Post #14

Shut up, noob!

Where in Jersey do you guys live? Dan's girlfriend's family lives in Jersey, though I'm not sure where. A few hours from the city.

Heh. We were at some pizza place on Halloween waiting for Team America: World Police to start each having a slice of cheese pizza (because I fear a breakup if I dare to eat ancovies in front of my belov├ęd tongue.gif ) and after we both finished, I felt it spark in my brain then rise from my chest out to the tip of my tongue then finally out of my mouth: "With or without fate, that was a good pizza."

--------------------

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Nov 4 2004, 01:20 AM
Post #15

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Where in Jersey do you guys live? Dan's girlfriend's family lives in Jersey, though I'm not sure where. A few hours from the city.

Northeast, by the Delaware water gap, less than an hour to NYC. However, during the summers I live in south Jersey, by Philly.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 06:00 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!