Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bugger!, Blody Weather
markslut
post Oct 29 2004, 10:53 PM
Post #1

Probably sees visions

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 909

For those that don't know I'm going to a Halloween fetish ball in Plymouth tomorrow. This involves taking the train from Exeter. But then I see this

Severe disruption to West of England services on Friday 29 and Saturday 30 October

The line between Newton Abbot and Exeter St David’s WILL BE CLOSED all day Friday and all day Saturday.
Penzance station will remain closed ALL DAY Friday. This is due to the severe weather conditions that are being experienced in the West of England which has caused major damage to the sea wall and the track.
The shuttle train service will continue in operation between St Erth and Newton Abbot, with remainder of all other up services re-starting at Exeter St David’s.

All services booked to start at Penzance will start from St Erth
All down services will terminate at Exeter St David’s.

Connectional Policy
Five minute hold permissible at Tiverton Parkway on services to London Paddington for bus connections from Plymouth.

Road Replacement Transport
The following road replacement transport has been arranged:-
Ø Penzance to/from St Erth
Ø Plymouth to/from Tiverton
Parkway
Ø Newton Abbot to/from Exeter St
David’s

Important note about through travel arrangements
Please note passengers travelling from London, and the north of England (via Virgin) to Plymouth or beyond should change at TIVERTON PARKWAY for Direct road transport to PLYMOUTH. The same arrangement applies for eastbound travel.

Additional Information
The railway is closed between Exeter and Newton Abbot all day Friday and Saturday, and road transport is operating between these stations. We are unable to say currently if a normal service will operate on Sunday, but this is unlikely as more severe weather is forecast.

There is no online Bus timetable and rail enquiries say all is normal (I know it isn't)

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Oct 29 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #2

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

OH NO!!!

There must be a way!! Gather round Matazonians - you shall go to the ball!!!

*starts looking for alternate routes*

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
markslut
post Oct 29 2004, 11:55 PM
Post #3

Probably sees visions

^^ Thats why it is shut ^^

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Oct 30 2004, 01:06 AM
Post #4

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Mark,
Have you tried phoning the train company/ies that deal with your route directly? -The National Rail number isn't always up to date. Or, if you could get thte number for the actual station you'll be travelling from/ to?

Good luck, hope you have fun wink.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
markslut
post Oct 30 2004, 01:19 PM
Post #5

Probably sees visions

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Oct 30 2004, 01:06 AM)
Mark,
Have you tried phoning the train company/ies that deal with your route directly? -The National Rail number isn't always up to date.  Or, if you could get thte number for the actual station you'll be travelling from/ to?

Good luck, hope you have fun  wink.gif

I have rung and regretably I can't go, as to get to Plymouth for 8pm I've have to leave home at 4pm for a journey that normally takes 90mins. I've applied for a refund of the train tickets.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 09:22 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!