Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Don't Think Arthur Is An Anteater..., The parallel universe theory
altehase
post Nov 8 2004, 10:36 PM
Post #1

Patron Saint Of All Mediocrities

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,018

I don't think that the character "Arthur" from the cartoon is of the anteater species. I believe he's a rodent. I'm not sure what type yet, possibly a pika? Maybe a capybara? I'm trying to narrow it down. I also believe I've cracked the code as to how or why his world exists as it does.

It's a parallel universe in which animals take the place of humans. But of course, not all. Since in the Arthur world they are seen with animal pets. The countries are the same as well as historical events and names. I don't have the time to go into details now, so I'll do so in another post.

If anyone else has any ideas as to what animal species Arthur may or may not be, please post...haste! I need the extra hours of sleep. I thank you...for your time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Nov 8 2004, 11:24 PM
Post #2

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

If I'm thinking of the same Arthur as you (books were written by Marc Brown) then I'm pretty sure your thinking of Artur the aardvark.

Is this who you mean?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
altehase
post Nov 9 2004, 12:38 AM
Post #3

Yes...! You are correct. I have also heard "aardvark". But I'll have to be honest with you...I'm just not seeing it. I can't even imagine an aardvark breeding with another species to create what Arthur might possibly be. Brown is hiding something. Either that or his creation has gotten away from him. Which can often be the case when "personal doodles" become public. He claims he "created" the character one day for his son. Might be, but I think that's just a well calculated ruse.

In any event, or at least if Arthur IS an aardvark, his kind appears to have forgone consuming ants and/or termites all together. I have never observed him or any members of his family eating either of the previously mentioned insects. I'm growing tired of hypothesis and will continue my search for evidence leading to fact. As always, I will continue to appreciate any and all input concerning this topic. To rehash an old catch-phrase...the truth is out there.

Oh yeah, I saw the "cussing episode" the other day. It kills me evertime. I wish I had it on tape. Whoever wrote that is a genius and a true hero in my book.

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Nov 9 2004, 02:44 AM
Post #4

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

Obvious, really. Apparently Arthur (Along with several other animals around the globe) was doused in a mixture of uranium, plutonium, and bane of children's cartoons. Arthur is actually a reality show (With an upcoming movie).

In a world...
Where everything has depth and shape... One two-dimensional aardvark with a dream... must risk... it... ALL. (cue in heavy metal) (Arthur)"This is MY LIFE!" (Machine guns fire) "AND ONLY I CAN CONTROL IT! (Random car explodes)
Arthur
The movie.
(mega-Ripped Arthur with machine guns and Camo pants standing on bullet-biraged, face-down Francine and Buster during sunset)
Rated R. tongue.gif

(Note there is really no Arthur movie coming out... I hope)

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
altehase
post Nov 9 2004, 04:42 AM
Post #5

Finally, someone with vision. I like the uranium/plutonium theory. It can be applied if you think about it. Quite feasible. I'm not really up on the current adverse effects of radioactivity, but they say when used improperly it can result in serious implications. Something to ponder. Hmmm...the "man-made debacle" theory. Otherwise known as "the Godzilla factor". Quite the compelling debate. I wish I knew more about these circumstances. Anyone...feel free to elaborate with any more details. I'm listening...

As for an "R" rated Arthur movie...I'm all for it. Honestly, I see Arthur as more of the "serial killer" type as opposed to the "Rambo" type. But I like the machine gun angle. I can envision Arthur wielding an MG-42. I'm talking an original wartime one in 8mm Mauser. Not a convert 7.62mm. Gotta love it's ass-kickin' cycle rate. There has to be cussing...lots o' cussing. He also packs a Govt. model. in .45 ACP, totally stock, parkerized finish. He also carries a shotgun. An old Ithaca Mod.37. No...a Mod. 1897 Winchester Military in trench form. Complete with heatshield and bayo lug. His combat knife is an old cut down P17 bayonet. But this is just my fantasy. If anyone else thinks my choice of weapons are a bit off, let me hear better. I may be nostalgic, but I just like a little bit of class.

I'm gonna figure out the "Arthur" debate one way or the other...please help. I need lots of help...really.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Nov 9 2004, 04:58 PM
Post #6

omno-ahhhhhhh!

No, no , no! I disagree. *shakes head vehemently*

What's needed is a film starring DW, she is after all the most entertaining character in the cartoons. The story of DW as a good natured meglamaniac, who sets about taking over the world to make it a better place, with the aid of Nadine. tongue.gif

Why do you need lots of help fuguring out the an Arthur debate?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
altehase
post Nov 10 2004, 02:26 AM
Post #7

I like it...a DW angle. After all, she WAS the crux of the "cussing" episode. It stands to reason that she could easily pull off a leading roll. I'm not sure if there would be a whole lot of "good naturing" going on, but I suppose it's left to be desired. Her totally freaky imaginary friend would definately leave room for some fanatstic writing. But I'll have to be honest with you, I just don't see a "G" rated movie. The type of drama, worthy of these disturbing characters, would have to more realistically fall somewhere in the region of a strong "NC-17". And that's pushing it conservatively.

As for my concentration and the study of the "Arthur Angle", like anything, the more help...the better. The Arthur "thing", for lack of a better word, has been around for quite awhile now. Everyone appears to just have accepted it and adapted their lifestyles around it. I can't imagine for the life of me why no one is bothering to question it. When I noticed that the Arthur "cartoon" had spawned a "spin off" (that hideous monstrosity Buster now has his own show), I began to realize that Arthur had gotten out of control. Whether due to societys seemingly increasing lack of self awareness or whether the creators of the show are plotting something. I don't really consider myself a conspiracy theorist. So, for the purpose of this discussion, we'll just say I have nothing better to do.

Which I don't.

I strongly believe that the "Arthur Angle" CAN be figured out. Not necessarily PROVED beyond a shadow of a doubt, but explained just enough to make people aware. Maybe it's like a religion and best left abiguously or "loosely" defind. That is, it's what you think or believe it is. But, and I stress BUT, I just feel that it deserves a little research. I, myself, strongly believe it CAN be explained. I have my theories and I'm in the process of bringing them to light. I'm also aware of others that are doing the same. This is where the help comes in. I want any and all input I can. I'm not looking for a pat on the back mind you, I want to know what others think. Don't be ashamed, any and all theories are welcome.

There are many individuals out there who are smarter and WAY more qualified than I am when it comes to researching such material. Let me know who you are...

I truely believe the world is a better place because of this post...it's all downhill from here. Whatever that means...

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Nov 10 2004, 02:51 AM
Post #8

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

Quote:
As for an "R" rated Arthur movie...I'm all for it. Honestly, I see Arthur as more of the "serial killer" type as opposed to the "Rambo" type. But I like the machine gun angle. I can envision Arthur wielding an MG-42. I'm talking an original wartime one in 8mm Mauser. Not a convert 7.62mm. Gotta love it's ass-kickin' cycle rate. There has to be cussing...lots o' cussing. He also packs a Govt. model. in .45 ACP, totally stock, parkerized finish. He also carries a shotgun. An old Ithaca Mod.37. No...a Mod. 1897 Winchester Military in trench form. Complete with heatshield and bayo lug. His combat knife is an old cut down P17 bayonet. But this is just my fantasy. If anyone else thinks my choice of weapons are a bit off, let me hear better. I may be nostalgic, but I just like a little bit of class.

Un-quote

Here's something to think about:
Arthur also keeps an AKMS collapsed under his pillow. He has a .500 magnum handgun and a .300 magnum rifle with an army-grade scope. His favorite, however, is his bare hands. He usually stealthily approaches his adversaries and cracks their necks.

He keeps all his friends' heads in jars in his basement. Due to the fact that they are cartoons, they never die and will spend an eternity eating fish food and watching old Jerry Springer tapes. Oh, the horror!

His parents are evil overlords and he is their assassin.

the last molar in the back-left of Arthur's mouth is detatchable, and is actually a small plastic explosives charge. His right back molar is also removable, and is used as the detonator. The main character from Die Hard's got nothin' on Arthur. Same with D-FENS.

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
Artemisia
post Nov 10 2004, 07:22 AM
Post #9

never enough yaoi in the world...

Member No.: 783

Is this in response to something I posted on my LJ last week? Probably not but it could be! Wow, am I addicted to Arthur. I get 2 channels, one of which is mostly cartoons, and my day just doesn't start until I watch Arthur at noon. My LJ post was something like, what the hell IS that thing?! And I totally agree with you... he really doesn't look like an aardvark...but he's still cool. Admittedly, the Arthur universe is weird. All the kids' parents are both the same type of animals the kids are...but today, the episode was about whether Arthur (aardvark) and Francine (monkey) were dating. No one mentioned the cross-species implications! All they said was, eww, she'll want to kiss you and you will die of the cooties.

Now that we've established what Arthur is, what the hell is BINKY? Some kind of dog?

+Quote Post
monosodiumglutem...
post Nov 10 2004, 05:11 PM
Post #10

may contain peanuts

Member No.: 1,342

it is true that one could use the universe theory to explain Arthur as a parallel universe in which humans have been replaced by animals, and therefore it is also true that it could be a parallel universe where humans have been replaced by unholy animal hybrids which no one can know for sure what the hell they are. There are many instances of this, including the characters of my comic , which confuse the hell out of me.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Nov 10 2004, 06:47 PM
Post #11

omno-ahhhhhhh!

QUOTE (Artemisia @ Nov 10 2004, 07:22 AM)
what the hell is BINKY? Some kind of dog?

Binky is the cross-species implication.

--------------------

+Quote Post
altehase
post Nov 11 2004, 01:01 AM
Post #12

I love it...you are ALL correct. This confirms my many suspicions. And thank you "Artemisia", Francine IS a primate as I've been saying for so long know. Besides being obvious, it's an important and vital clue as to how the "Arthur" world may have come to exist. It's true...though the various species ARE identifiable, no one seems to be acknowledging it. No apparent inter-breeding which stands to reason as this is impossible even in our world for such species. The "Binky" inigma is just that. But I'm glad someone finally brought it up. I've been avoiding the issue as I find it very disturbing and hard to talk about. It is, with little doubt, that he is a canine. Most likely a bulldog. Yet in the Arthur world they have pets. Including dogs. No mention of particular breeds. Or at least that I'm not aware of. I have yet to see all the episodes.

What I'd like to discuss, besides the "how in the frickin hell did it happen" theory, are the parallels to our own world. That is, earth, in it's entirety. Arthur's world is completely mirrored to our own. I'm not an expert here but I'm guessing this particular aspect has a great bearing on this case. I'm working on it.

ARTHUR EXPOSED...sort of.

I HAVE PHOTOS!!!!! I WILL HAVE THE LINK TO THEM IN AN UPCOMING POST...VERY SOON! STAY TUNED!

Oh yeah, Monosodium...I loved the use of the word "unholy". You are as correct as you are wise.

Arachnid...you have the true gift of vision. The underfold AK was icing. I loved the "sniper angle". The choice of the .300 Win Mag was excellent. Maybe he can switch between that and a Barrett Light .50. Though I'm a traditionalist when it comes to handguns, maybe a .50 would be just the thing to get people talking. I like the Desert Eagle and the .50 AE round. Don't get me wrong, but I just personally find it a little cliche. But I sypathize and I'm not complaining. I remember awhile back a guy who once made a revolver that shot the awesome .50-70 cartridge. If that was all of a sudden whipped out on screen, I'd at least flip. But I agree, ANY .50 would do it for me. As long as the director made sure that the audience KNEW it was such. Oh, on a side note, was it just me or did anyone else get po'd when Lara Croft "Tomb Raider" appeared on the big screen with a pair of USP's instead of her Browning Hi Power's? I swear...nuke Hollywood, get it over with.

Living heads in a jar? In the basement no less? Utter genius. Make the audience scoff AND laugh at the same time! As long as they can capture the anguish on the faces in the jars, it would make for movie history. It's the direction in which I believe Arthur is headed anyways. Just wait and see...

CHECK BACK FOR PHOTO EVIDENCE...!!!! SOON!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 01:55 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!