Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Pain No Gain, The truth hurts
Smiler
post Nov 15 2004, 11:55 AM
Post #1

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

So I'm off for round three with the Physio (actually Stregthening and Conditioning trainer but I dont want to split hairs) and I'm still stiff from last time.

I've naffed out my back basically. Its something to do with my posture being rubbish and hardly doing any exercise in the last 2/3 years sad.gif resulting in compressed disks in my lower back-or more accurately PAIN!

I've a fairly normal, maybe a twitch above average, pain tolerance threshhold but my back's ben screwed for well over a month now (despite periods of inebriation that have led to running man mistakes- OUCH)

Apparently I'm very flexible for my size and shape (ie short stocky fat git/ beer barrel-like take your pick wink.gif ) I just need to condition some unused muscles and work on my general fitness while becoming more aware of my body as a whole unit. All good, truly, but once I've done my exercises at home, because I'm so unused to using certain muscles the sore pain is replaced by stiff pain huh.gif mad.gif Just want to be rid of it

Its worth it in the long run- on this occasion the saying is accurate but why cant there be a method to do it all without the pain??????????

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Nov 15 2004, 08:43 PM
Post #2

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Member No.: 535

All I can say is awwwwww!!! And Big hugs hunny

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Nov 15 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #3

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

I'm glad I have overwhelming support and sympathy:'( wink.gif smile.gif Nah, I'm back and feeling all stretched ad good. Doubt the pints afterwards helped though although I do now feel even more limbre...

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 15 2004, 11:31 PM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I had physio on back a few years ago. I'd been in serious pain for about a year and the doctor had continually been giving me ineffectual pain killers. Eventually I pushed for physio because I knew that it was going away. The doctor put in an appointment request for me with the warning 'it'll probably be over a month before they can see you'. Three days later they rang me to make an appointment in the next week, and they were annoyed the doctor had left it so long. A month later the exercises that they had given me had completely cured the pain. It was bliss!

'Glad to hear you're getting treatment Smiler, the pain is well worth it!

So, in conclusion, I love physiotherapists.

In a postscript, I really hate typing the name of their job.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Nov 16 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #5

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Cheers Mata, i also dislike the typing of their fine profession. But they're Bob-sends. I didnt even wait for the NHS one to get back to me-->Its been over a month since the doc said he'd get in touch with them to call me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mum went to the guys really near us. I have to pay but what I've done so far has helped no end so YAY for them!!!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Nov 16 2004, 04:17 AM
Post #6

sesquipedalian

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 915

I was a bit confused until I realised what you were calling 'physio' we call 'PT'. I had to get PT for my back, too, a couple years ago. It hurts more before it hurts less, but it's well worth it in the end, and whereas the painkillers just put off the pain until later, the excercising and wotnot really works in the long run. Unfortuneately what I learned is that I need to keep up some of my excercising on my own still, or I just mess my back right up again! gah. Hope it helps, and stick it out, smiler, you'll be glad later.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Twitching
post Nov 16 2004, 04:38 AM
Post #7

like peppermint aftertaste

Group: New Members
Member No.: 714

Lots of luck and good wishes for your physio *hugs* biggrin.gif

--------------------
Medae is my n00b!

Oink!

+Quote Post
Asenyth
post Nov 16 2004, 05:08 AM
Post #8

squeek.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,427

I assume that by physiotherepy, you all mean the same as physical therepy? Assuming so, I had back surgery for scoliosis (curves in the spine and I mean some SERIOUS curves) and after the surgery they told me to do pt and I never did it and what do you know, I'm in terrible pain most of the time. What are some of the things the physitherepist told you to do to strengthen your back?

--------------------
I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does. - The Smiths

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Nov 16 2004, 11:03 AM
Post #9

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

Make sure you keep up the exercises that they assign you - it's essential for the treatment to work.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 12:23 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!