Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mr. Snaffleburger, me asking YOU a question :P
epilogue
post Nov 20 2004, 02:11 AM
Post #1

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,496

hey mata, i was wondering how defensive you were about the catch phrases in your animations...because a while ago, an episode of mr snaffleburger motivated me to write a new song. it's really awesome and everything, only the chorus ending is 'conform consume obey x2'. unsure.gif dat ok?

i hate using things that aren't mine unless i ask first. if it's no, that's fine, i can always change it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 21 2004, 01:56 AM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

That's fine, but if you get rich off the song then you can buy me a server. Deal? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
epilogue
post Nov 22 2004, 02:38 AM
Post #3

haha! alright, but what qualifies as rich?

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 22 2004, 02:43 AM
Post #4

You'll know when you are I suspect, but if you buy a car without thinking of the cost then you know that you've probably been rich for quite a while!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
epilogue
post Nov 27 2004, 09:25 PM
Post #5

too true. alright, it's a deal. laugh.gif
:stuffed from thanksgiving:
you don't celebrate that, do you?

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Nov 28 2004, 03:13 AM
Post #6

Meow!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,296

heya; sorry to butt in...
I beleive the Brits call their harvest celebration Harvest Home Day... Why, I don't know... and Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving... but in October, not November (Guess the climate is a bit colder, up there...). Seems just about every country out there has some kind of celebration for good harvests... which were more important, when people were more isolated, than today, when we have food from all over the world at our disposal...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 29 2004, 01:11 AM
Post #7

Harvest Home Day? That's a new one on me. There was occasionally a 'harvest festival' back when I was at a very churchy school, but I don't think that it's an official day. The harvest festival was just an old pagan celebration of the harvest time that the Christian faith appropriated I suspect...

But no, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving day, because that was an American occasion and it hasn't been sold to us yet as a way to get us to buy cards. It would be quite a hard sell to get the rest of the world in on that one, considering it's all about native Americans saving starving colonists a few years before they were given all kinds of horrible illnesses and run off their lands. I think it's great that generosity has been remembered for so long, especially considering the history of what happened next.

In the UK we have Guy Fawkes night, November 5th, where we celebrate a terrorist who attempted to destroy the Houses of Parliment. I've never been certain whether we are celebrating his attempt or his failure... I suspect, knowing the British that it's probably the first option!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
exceptional1709
post Nov 29 2004, 09:10 AM
Post #8

Incapable of normal thought

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,344

Do you know, I've never considered how weird it is to celebrate something like Guy Fawkes night before... it is actually really bizarre, isn't it?

And no, I've never heard of Harvest Home Day but my first school had a Harvest Festival assembly where we had to take in fresh fruit and vegetables (but normally ended up taking in canned things) to be given to local homeless people.

--------------------
Official Beanbag-monger for TRIBE WYVERN (Visit us here!)
VOTE MR SB FOR FAVOURITE ANIMATION! (Go here to vote!)
--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--
Proud owner of a Violet Scuttler from the Tribe Wyvern lab. Not for rental or resale.
Mata loves us, this we know. Because the forums tell us so. All our souls to him belong. We are weak but he is strong
Always read the small print. You never know what it might say. You're leaving your brain open to subliminal messages. Being paranoid is good.

+Quote Post
epilogue
post Dec 5 2004, 09:16 PM
Post #9

well thanksgiving isn't really a 'harvest day'...harvest isn't really involved hardly..at all. people either celebrate it to remember how important family is, or celebrate it, like you said mata, to remember the 'injuns'.

which is really something to remember if you think about it. the holiday of 'thanksgiving' was actually made in order to celebrate how many native americans were killed. but it's evolved into celebrating the one single instance in which one small band of native americans, and one small band of settlers were able to actually get along for a few days.

alot of the tribes were no cup of tea either...but i do admit that i think it was -not the pilgrims- but some other group that started it. knowing they came from britain, it doesnt surprise me in the least. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 01:53 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!