IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Often Do You Download Songs?, Be truthful.
How often do you download songs?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
arachnidoc17
post Nov 22 2004, 03:27 AM
Post #1

Entomophobic

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,231

I really have nothing to put in this space, so I will meet the requirements with some ranting about why i have to type something here.

\rant

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Nov 22 2004, 04:44 AM
Post #2

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

I don't really trust computer music downloads... Maybe I'm just being paranoid...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Nov 22 2004, 10:52 AM
Post #3

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

I generally download a new album once or maybe twice depending on the recommendations I get. Sometimes I download entire back catalogs. So I put Several times a day as I download more than just individual songs.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Nov 22 2004, 11:20 AM
Post #4

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

All the time.

I'm one of those scummy, pikey people who, nowadays, downloads all their music. It's cheap, it's quick, it's easy. Perhaps a little immoral, but Cd's are horrendously expensive and I just can't afford to keep up with my music tastes VIA HMV. It also makes it easier to get rare stuff, and a nice easy way to listen to things you've never tried before.

However, my Winamp is currently broken so I can't listen to any of it... Bah.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 22 2004, 11:27 AM
Post #5

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

Occasionally, only to find rare tracks or something, I like to buy albums buy albums, but sometimes my finances restrict me...

I'm much more of a whore for downloading movies and TV shows tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Nov 22 2004, 12:04 PM
Post #6

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I have never downloaded music. Not once.

I'd like to but it seems like a whole hell of a lot of effort and I know that I'll end up with thousands of them and I don't have anything other than the computer to listen to them on so it seems kinda' pointless. Apart from which I wouldn't have a clue how to even start doing it (still can't work out how to get my microphone working, I'm that crap at PC stuff).

Also, I really like having albums. I like having the little booklet which sometimes has some great stuff on it.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Asenyth
post Nov 22 2004, 12:54 PM
Post #7

squeek.

Member No.: 1,427

I am constantly downloading albums, songs, movies, tv shows, games, ect. Pretty much any media that you can play and put on a disc. I have two downloading programs (KaZaA Lite and WinMX) and I use one or the other comparitive to the thing I'm downloading. I love to make compilation albums of my own creation. I always make a summer mix each year that I distribute to some of my friends that have the musical taste that I do and it usually goes over quite well. I also like downloading songs and stuff to see if I like certain bands and if I like them enough, I will then buy the album because those little inserts are awesome and sometimes the albums have enhanced things to play on your computer. Sometimes I feel that it is important to support these bands by buying their album like indie rock bands and such that aren't making much money and I feel that if I buy their album I am helping them reach a wider audience by giving them more money to tour and stuff. It also works the other way, if I wanted to listen to some U2 or Rolling Stones for instance, these are two of the richest bands in the world and I don't think they need more of my money so I will then just download their music which is also very easy to find when a band is popuar. There is a big plus with buying the albums though, sound quality. Most music that you download is 128kb and CDs have a much better quality (I think 320kb, but I'm not sure). So yes, I answer with I download songs once or twice a day on average, usually in spurts of 10 songs once a week though.

--------------------
I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does. - The Smiths

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Nov 22 2004, 06:26 PM
Post #8

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

Asenyth, you know you can just search fror songs on Altavista, which doesn't give you adware. tongue.gif (I learned that from the best)

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Nov 22 2004, 09:26 PM
Post #9

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Nov 22 2004, 11:27 AM)
I like to buy albums buy albums, but sometimes my finances restrict me...

I also like to buy albums (buy albums tongue.gif). I tend to download music only to sample it. I don't listen to radio or watch tv much, so I download songs to see if i like bands, then if i do, i buy the album. Proper ones are much better than copies.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
monosodiumglutem...
post Nov 23 2004, 01:59 AM
Post #10

may contain peanuts

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,342

I have never downloaded music either..
mainly because
1.)I have no mp3 player
2.)I can't put it on a CD b/c my CD player is broken
3.) I can't listen to them on my regular computer b/c all computer speakers touched by my hand immediately die
4.)it costs money
5.)it seems hard.
the only places I can listen to music are on the school computers (probably would get kicked out if I downloaded anything.) and my own archaic computer which is both not connected to the internet and probably comes from the time before downloading was possible..

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 11:46 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!