IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stop The Madness!, Cath, Quoth, Wyvern?
Ashbless
post Nov 23 2004, 04:27 AM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

I am troubled o' my sisters and o' my brothers.

I enjoy a good joke but don't you think it's going a mite bit far?

Troubling words have appeared in people's signatures.

There is a small fear in my heart. Shall I name it so that we can all laugh?

Flaming on Matazone.

Can people reassure me that the above will not happen? Can the scuttlers and the sides and the angry words slow or stop before hurt feelings happen?

Maybe I'm over tired and over sensitive but I don't like the feel of this joke anymore.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wyvern
post Nov 23 2004, 10:43 PM
Post #2

sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes the bug

Member No.: 1,348

Babe Twas never intended to be dividing am concerned you feel this way can you not tell this is done with utmost affection to keep us on our toes so all will be alert.

My little matchboxes are meant to be multi purpose useful things not objects of war! I fear I have now upset persons and if required will retreat from view.
Tribe Wyvern is purely to remind me who has helped to lighten the load of constant self misplacing was never meant as disrupting faction they are all sweeties really.

Did I miss the flaming?

Am deeply sorry to have distressed thee sweetheart.

--------------------
[CENTER]Proud participator in the Noob adoption sharing scheme.
Trial specimen: Raevnkite.
Progress:Progressing Nicely

Tribe Wyvern:Come visit!
Im Irishguys Pockety Pet!!!
[/CENTER]
Maps alter your perceptions, confuse your mind and make familiar things seem very strange and thats before you unpack the compass...

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 24 2004, 12:00 AM
Post #3

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

*stops the madness*

what? it's like parting the red sea....EASY!! tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Nov 24 2004, 12:54 AM
Post #4

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Am I the only one who has NO idea to what this means?

Did I miss the joke?

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Nov 24 2004, 04:53 AM
Post #5

Bits of the joke. It is somewhat funny.

QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Nov 19 2004, 11:57 PM)
(A baker's dozen fairies come flying through the door, brandishing miniature Cattleprods)
Fairy 1 : Over there, in the cabinet!
Fairy 2 : I see her!
Fairy 3 : It's the Cath!
Fairy 4 : Fairy Hater!
Fairy 5 : Fairy squisher!
Fairy 6 : we are not jam for stopping Grenades!
(Wyvern perks up her ears, and realises Cath is getting blamed for HER actions)
Wyvern: Hmmm.  This should be interesting!
Fairy 7 : Get 'er!
Cath: First Scutlers, now this! I'm outta here!
(Wardrobe vanishes)
(Scutler starts snapping at Fairies)
Fairy 1: Oi! enough o' that, ye scurvy beastie!
Fairy 2: No! It got number 12!
Scutler: Urp!

QUOTE (Wyvern @ Nov 23 2004, 12:37 PM)
May I interest you in my fully patented Moop and Cath deterrant, comes with full assurances of success as long as you feed it regularly and refrain from taping it closed. wink.gif
*displays shiney gently rocking matchbox*

--------------------

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Nov 24 2004, 04:59 AM
Post #6

Where I feel the joke gets less funny. Leading to my post.

QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Nov 21 2004, 08:02 PM)
Hi, there! I'm here, recruiting for the Cath Revenge Squad... Just fill out this little form... membership entitles you to one year's free subscription to the Get Cath! newsletter, a nifty shoulder patch, a matchbox full of tiny Spikies, and one (1) bottled Gluey Fairie. Annual fee is just two Matabucks a year... What a deal!

QUOTE (Wyvern @ Nov 22 2004, 12:13 PM)
So it begins welcome to the fray dear noobs welcome!
Just play nice cookies will be served to refresh the troops, so enjoy!

Cath I would like to state this has nothing to do with me I deny all knowledge!
(but secretly approve and will fund ventures)

QUOTE (Cath @ Nov 22 2004, 03:59 PM)
Oh! Have no worries Quoth is prefectly capable of looking after her self!! *Glares at her evil noob as Quoth walks off* mad.gif

And the sigs that seemed disturbing were more this sort of thing.
Pro Cath Association, so bring it on Quoth. Grr.

I'd like to apologize to the Tribe Wyvern. Please come back. I like the Tribe. smile.gif I'm maybe overly sensitive about what is a joke. I'm just afraid the joke will go to far and lead into flaming. I really don't like the thought of flaming on Matazone. I haven't actually seen any yet. I was worried it was going to happen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Nov 24 2004, 08:22 AM
Post #7

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

I apologise if my little joke about the Cath revenge squad was perceived as taking one step too far. I myself worried about that very thing, and apologised to Cath via PM. She has yet to get back to me, which worries me, a bit... It was all meant in fun, but I can see where one would get the idea that we're ganging up on poor Cath... If I could take back that little joke, I would. It is not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings, and I only make jokes when I feel the subject is in on the joke, and can take it. So, again, I'm sorry if anyone has taken this too seriously... I will mend my ways, promise.

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Nov 24 2004, 10:04 AM
Post #8

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Looks to me like it's just playful teasing between friends... certainly nothing I'd call flaming. Heck, it's not even on a par with the Suffix Wars of ye olde dayes.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Nov 24 2004, 01:13 PM
Post #9

Eh, Ashbless being overtired and posting again. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Nov 24 2004, 05:41 PM
Post #10

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Aw, Ashbless, I'm sorry to have been one to cause confusion. It's all play to me, no malicious vibes from my camp wink.gif

*sizes up Quoth* hmmm

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
exceptional1709
post Nov 24 2004, 05:44 PM
Post #11

Incapable of normal thought

Member No.: 1,344

Well, I don't know about the others but I certainly never meant it as any more than a friendly joke... *feels bad* unsure.gif

--------------------
Official Beanbag-monger for TRIBE WYVERN (Visit us here!)
VOTE MR SB FOR FAVOURITE ANIMATION! (Go here to vote!)
--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--
Proud owner of a Violet Scuttler from the Tribe Wyvern lab. Not for rental or resale.
Mata loves us, this we know. Because the forums tell us so. All our souls to him belong. We are weak but he is strong
Always read the small print. You never know what it might say. You're leaving your brain open to subliminal messages. Being paranoid is good.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Nov 24 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #12

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

EEEP!! It was just us mucking around honest!!! Part of the reason I adopted Quoth was cause she kept spoilling my fun of blowing up Noobs and as far as I was concerned all the Pro Cath and Anti Cath thing was about was the noob's actually getting organised to get revenge on me and some of the others forumites helping me out again them but it was all friendly! ohmy.gif And I appologise if we upset anyone with it. huh.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Wyvern
post Nov 24 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #13

The Tribe will come back but carefully, I promise. unsure.gif

However for the record I would like to catagorically state that the only thing (other than untagged faeries and the odd ownerless cookie) that I would consider harming or flaming in anyway are stray marshmallows. You drop em and they are MINE! dry.gif

No harm was ever intended and I am ashamed that it even became a potential factor my apologies I shall be more careful in future! If you hadn't guessed I adore Cath and Moop really they are responsible for me knowing about you all and I appreciate it.

One request though... Please don't stop me from keeping those faeries in check the results could be hazardous. tongue.gif

--------------------

[/CENTER]
Maps alter your perceptions, confuse your mind and make familiar things seem very strange and thats before you unpack the compass...

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Nov 24 2004, 10:43 PM
Post #14

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Wyvern wouldn't be any where near as nuts if I hadn't had a hand in corrupting her! tongue.gif
Seriously we've been friends since University and we really do adore each other. But watch out cause she is small and bitey! biggrin.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Nov 25 2004, 01:33 AM
Post #15

I'll bribe her and her tribe with cookies. *nods* tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wyvern
post Nov 25 2004, 01:48 AM
Post #16

But watch out cause she is small and bitey! biggrin.gif

Who me? Small? Bitey?innocent.gif

I think you got the wrong Wyvern! Why Cath hun you should know Im ooo! at least 5 foot and as for biting you really do have to ask nicely!

Ashbless my dear by all means bribe us!

Although I wouldn't say we are particularly picky, anything edible works but Cookies. rolleyes.gif

Yes. Cookies are a favourite I will do ANYTHING for a Cookie! tongue.gif

Well almost anything dry.gif

Just dont try offering Smiler salad he has a few unresolved issues there I think however
MOST DEFINATELY BRING ON THE COOKIES AND WE'RE YOURS!

Possibly also anybody elses if they happen to come well prepared but hey lets hear it for COOKIES!!!! tongue.gif

--------------------

[/CENTER]

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Nov 25 2004, 01:08 PM
Post #17

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

Ooga Booga!!! unsure.gif
Trust me to miss all the fun and miscomprehension...someone offered cookies?????????????????

Personally I have no opinion on the subject as I seem to have totally missed everything and am a bit lost (again). I DO know however that cookies could possibly solve all ALL disputes and strongly advocate the eating thereof biggrin.gif

PS Salad only rots the brain so I DO NOT advocate that! COOKIES!!!!

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 10:50 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!