IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Arthur *photo* Comparison..., ...you decide what he is!?
altehase
post Nov 23 2004, 02:40 PM
Post #1

Patron Saint Of All Mediocrities

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,018

Below is a rather comprehensive photo comparison of Arthur and his closest relatives. I believe I have narrowed it down to some extent. If anything, the animals I have pictured are a good representation and should be considered likey candidates. As one can plainly see, they are mostly made up from the class rodentia. It might just be me talking, but I'm out to prove that this where he belongs.

The camel was thrown in just in case someone out there can make any sense of it. One has to admit a slight resemblance.

If I have left any out, please post any and all species that could prove otherwise. Of the ones I have pictured, please post indication as you see fit. Next post will be provided with photos debunking the "aardvark vs. anteater" debate. Or at least hopefully...

PS-Photo will be temporary as to not use up bandwidth...smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dancing hamster ...
post Nov 23 2004, 02:53 PM
Post #2

Our UAV is online

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,304

Hamsters!!! No way are we related to a being such as Arthur!!!
*shakes head in disgust*

+Quote Post
altehase
post Nov 23 2004, 03:11 PM
Post #3

Hey, I hear you man! I'm willing to agree with you. But look at those ears! Look at em! Myself, I'm leaning toward the "pika". Also take note of Arthur's yellowish tint. He had to get that from somewhere! I also believe you're the first to refer to Arthur as a "being". I'm not complaining though. Arthur does come across as "self-aware". I mean, I guess it's obvious. Though I'm just biased...

+Quote Post
saucy_tara
post Nov 23 2004, 04:40 PM
Post #4

Destructogirl...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 124

Arthur is an aardvark. So my 6 year old son tells me biggrin.gif I think he is a mouse.

--------------------

+Quote Post
monosodiumglutem...
post Nov 23 2004, 04:53 PM
Post #5

may contain peanuts

Member No.: 1,342

looks more like a capybara to me o_o

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Nov 23 2004, 05:07 PM
Post #6

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

probably a pika

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Nov 23 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #7

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

that gerbil looks EVIL!!

oh wait.. .they are tongue.gif

Arthur is most definately an aardvark.

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
altehase
post Nov 24 2004, 02:31 AM
Post #8

Sweet...then that's 3 votes for "rodent" and 2 votes for "aardvark". Not the greatest margin but I'll take it. Thanks tara for the mouse vote. I didn't include a mouse in the photos because of the thousands of different species. Also, if I'm not mistaken, "mice" exist in the Arthur world as just that. Actual mice. Seperate from the evolved animal monstrosities that make up Arthur and his fellow "beings". I haven't been able to prove that yet but give me time. But you may still be correct in any event.

No takes on the "camel" angle? C'mon...someone out there HAS to see it this way. I don't know. Maybe camels exist in their world as they do here.

Yes, gerbils are apparently evil as mentioned. Richard Gere is evil so that may very well explain that.

The capybara is, after all, the largest of all rodents. If there's any evolving to a "higher" level, this is where it will probably take place. Though that is debatable. Reptiles grew huge, then shrunk again. No apparent change in intelligence. Also, reptiles do not exist in the Arthur world as "human like" beings.

Oh yeah, someone emailed and reminded me that rodents often eat their young. I have yet to see this in any episode of Arthur. I'll bet they do though. I might have seen it once. I swear I saw I an episode in which they dealt with this subject. Maybe that was Mister Rodgers...

+Quote Post
Xkitsurabamix
post Nov 24 2004, 03:07 AM
Post #9

Animal of manual life

Member No.: 1,220

He looks an awful lot like a Capybara

--------------------
user posted image
"Savior" isn't the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Nov 25 2004, 03:09 PM
Post #10

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

Arthur is, in fact, an aardvark...I'll try and find the site (official) that states so to clear up confusion. We've been having this debate in sixth form for a while, actually.
Jeez, everything I discuss at school turns up on Matazone a few days later...do any of you go to sixth form in St. Neots, UK? blink.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
altehase
post Nov 25 2004, 04:25 PM
Post #11

Lil' pie fairy...I love your use of the word "confounding". It shows you exist on a higher level than most. But alas...I believe you have been duped like a great many before you. I've been to Brown's "official" site. It's "official" nonsense. So is the PBS.org site. Somehow...and I stress somehow (because I don't have concrete evidence so don't quote me), Marc Brown's abomination became confused with Bernard Waber's even WORSE abomination...Arthur Anteater. Aardvarks and anteaters do not look very much alike. Other than the fact they both have long snouts. Now, your confusion MAY lie here...both species eat ants, termites, what have you. Both these animals seem to "specialize" in this particualr food group. That is, both seem to not only prefer ants and whatnot, but have become well suited to finding them for consumption. Specially suited, if you will, through the course of evolution. The afore mentioned snout, elongated tongue, special claws, etc. A true wonder and uniqueness among the animal kingdom...yada yada yada...blah blah blah.

Lil' pie fairy...I know you want to believe. And that's OK. It's our beliefs, wants and desires that keep us going. I know you're smarter than most of the quacks online. You're probably the smartest in your class! But I must implore you, Arthur is no more an aardvark than I am. It's your deep-rooted goodness that keeps cynics such as myself always on the crusade for the truth. One day I will find an answer and hopefully you'll be the first to know.

I'm sorry, but I honestly do not know what a sixth form is. Some type of cult? Hey, I'm cool with that. I hope it brings you happiness. Today is Thanksgiving and I will be having macaroni and cheese instead of the traditional turkey.

Never stop asking questions Lil' pie fairy, for one day you might be in charge of your lil' commune and they'll all be looking up to you for leadership. Oh yeah...if you need the photos of the Arthur vs. Aarvark comparison...they're in this forum under another post:)

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Nov 25 2004, 09:14 PM
Post #12

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

I always thought he was an Aardvark.

But I don't care what he (and his family) are. What matters is that his show is on television early in the morning before I go to work, and thus doesn't challenge me when I'm still half-asleep.

Arthur Rules!

(said the 21 year old)

+Quote Post
Daedalus
post Nov 25 2004, 11:25 PM
Post #13

Pretend you didn't notice

Member No.: 556

QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Nov 25 2004, 03:09 PM)
Jeez, everything I discuss at school turns up on Matazone a few days later...do any of you go to sixth form in St. Neots, UK? blink.gif

No, but I've got your common room bugged ph34r.gif

As for Arthur, resembles a Capybara most to my untrained eyes.

--------------------
I wub snoo

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Nov 25 2004, 11:36 PM
Post #14

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

QUOTE (Hobbes @ Nov 25 2004, 09:14 PM)
I always thought he was an Aardvark.

But I don't care what he (and his family) are. What matters is that his show is on television early in the morning before I go to work, and thus doesn't challenge me when I'm still half-asleep.

Arthur Rules!

(said the 21 year old)

Arthur rocks!

(Said the 22 year old.)

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
altehase
post Nov 26 2004, 06:04 AM
Post #15

Hobbes, your are one of the fortunate ones. Outta sight, outta mind. But yet you say "Arthur Rules!"...just be glad he doesn't rule you!

Another vote for "capybara"...there might be a Latin connection after all. Sweet.

Poor frog...you're pro Arthur...yet anti Coke. What if Arthur drank Coke? I'm not saying he does, but he might. Arthur is funded and or supported in part by the gawd-awful product "Juicy Juice". I'm not sure exactly what this stuff is, but there's a rumor going around that the company that manufactures this vile stuff is owned by The Coca Cola Company. What do you think of that? What do you think of your Arthur now? He doesn't quite "rock" like you thought he did. But that's just me being cynical. Please understand...it's how I am.

Besides, or at the very least keep in mind, a turntable is NOT an instrument and if your drum kit has only three pieces...you don't rock. The above may be a part of the larger Arthur conspiracy. What the hell...it's only your soul right?

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Nov 26 2004, 06:09 AM
Post #16

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

Still think he's an aardverk, especially his name begins with A.
(Every Aardvark begins with aaaaa... What, you never saw those Kay jewelers commercials?)

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
altehase
post Nov 26 2004, 07:05 AM
Post #17

I know, the general rule of thumb states that the first letter is usually the giveaway. And I know, even in this case, that it may appear as a give-in. But I beg of you, please rethink this. Even though it appears to make perfect sense.

If I may, let me present the following examples:

Arthur = Aardvark

Buster = Bunny

Binky = Bulldog

Mr. Ratburn = Rat

More to come soon in another post.

Under this method, all seems perfectly plausible. But assure you, it's merely a ruse and should be considered fallacious.

I've heard of Kay Jewelers and I believe we have them where I live. I cannot recall one of their commercials though. But I guarantee you, if one materialized on my screen, I'd reach for my mute button faster than a ninja with his ass on fire at a wedding.
Stay tuned for my next post in which I will go into more detail concerning "The first Letter" theory...and thank you for bringing it up:)

+Quote Post
hinsley
post Nov 26 2004, 08:29 AM
Post #18

Talking Cat? Eh, its been dun.

Member No.: 288

QUOTE (monosodiumglutemate @ Nov 23 2004, 04:53 PM)
looks more like a capybara to me o_o

i watch arthur and i aint never seen him eat a goat!

--------------------
Drunken words are sober thoughts.

"But it's turtles all the way down!"

+Quote Post
altehase
post Nov 26 2004, 09:45 AM
Post #19

In reference as to why you have never seen Arthur eating a goat: I believe that a "goat like" being exists in the Aurthur world. I'm in the process of proving this as we speak. At the very least, if I happen to disprove it, I will post my findings here. I can assure you this though, given the chance, Arthur would eat ANY other being. Including you and I.

You can either sit there and wait for this to happen, or you can do something about it.

A capybara is somewhat of a large guinea pig. I used to own guinea pigs. They could be quite vicious and bred as fast as rabbits. Imaging a guinea pig the size of a medium sized dog. AND...with enough intelligence to win over your friendship...then bite your face off in front of a crowd of people. Eh? Not so funny now is it?

Well, I mean, it would be kinda funny to see, but not to have it happen to you. I'm not sure if "funny" is the proper word, but I know I wouldn't be able to look away.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:40 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!