Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Despicable..., This person is heartless
arachnidoc17
post Nov 25 2004, 08:25 PM
Post #1

Entomophobic

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,231

I heard of that guy who shot five hunters on private property. That's not the story.
While I was surfing the net, I came across an animal rights board,(half filled with Consumer Freedom activists) and someone said,
I'm glad they're dead. Less hunters!

I can't believe somenone would say something like taht... and they MEANT it!

EDIT: Improved my grammar. unsure.gif

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Nov 25 2004, 09:07 PM
Post #2

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

Don't get me started on Animal Rights activists...

- DISCLAIMER:
In the above statement, I speak solely of extremist groups and... a few others...

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Nov 25 2004, 09:13 PM
Post #3

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Don't you mean they "meant" it?

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post Nov 25 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #4

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

You have to remember Mike that not everyone has English has their first language, and that you could clearly understand what it said. Now discuss the topic at hand.

I doubt the person actually really, but this sort of thing is quite shocking. And you know what really get's to me?
Fnord
Animal experiment protestors. They use extreme acts to try and stop testing, but clinical companies just go to less regulated places like China where they can do anything they want to them. Let's see either:

a) Stay in GB where you have regulations and protestors.

cool.gif Go to China and experiment on thousands of goats however you want.

They are making it worse for the animals.

Suckers.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Nov 25 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #5

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

And this is pretty local for me.

Blech, people are morons... You're on private property, are told to leave, then you come back and kill the owner of the land and five other hunters? (Yes, it was 6, not 5.)

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Nov 25 2004, 10:24 PM
Post #6

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

In my area, there is a story regarding a large Guinea Pig-farm who breed for those companies who do various tests on them for medical research.

There are several protests against it, standing opposite the site with banners and chants and the usual. Okay...

But there are also a select few who have been vandalising the property of, and screaming at the houses of, those who have -any- link (however tenous) to the farm. Like, a man who delivers milk to them. Or a driver for the company. All these people who are doing their own job and are not employed by the company itself.

They also dug up the remains of a woman who's family have a link to the farm.

It's all pretty sickening stuff that, frankly, confuses me and angers me. Firstly a.) because I feel it has no positive consequences for animals or anything and b.) because they are so caught up in animal rights, they forget about human rights.

+Quote Post
Xkitsurabamix
post Nov 25 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #7

Animal of manual life

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,220

Is this about those hunters in the argument over the hunting platform? Yeah. i heard a story about a guy who fell off of one of those, into a gigantic ant hill filled with red fire ants. His leg was broken, so he couldn't crawl away, so the ants started biting him, and he passed out from the pain. every inch of his body was covered in ant bites, and he was in the hospital, and as I recall, in a coma for a bit (i think, a week, but i'm not sure).
If you really can't handle hunting without killing yourself or others...
then perhaps you shouldn't have a loaded firearm at your disposal?

They should have an IQ test before you are legally allowed to purchase a firearm. People not competent enough to count to 10 should not be allowed to have weapons as powerful as a hunter's rifle.
(Of course, you could argue a car, a baseball bat, a shaving razor, etc could kill someone...but if you give a mouthbreather a gun, and tell them that they are allowed to shoot things dead...it's just not a good idea.)

--------------------
user posted image
"Savior" isn't the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind.

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Nov 25 2004, 10:54 PM
Post #8

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Okay fine - I hate eco terrorists. I hate the left wing fanatics that believe an animal life is worth more than human life. I'll kill 100 baby bunnies before sacrificing the life of 1 human being and that's the way it should be. I'm all for experimenting with drugs on animals and everyone should be - I'll sacrifice a few dozen mice to cure AIDS, hell, I'd kill a few sheep to improve my orgasm.

I am against cosmetic testing, though. We don't need to test eye liner that causes blindness on some monkey. That isn't beneficial to society.

And lastly: hunting is still a very viable source of food for many people with little in come (I come from Kentucky USA, so I know first hand) and it is necessary to keep population in check. Do I like the fact that some people kill for sport? Not particularly. Do I like the idea of millions of deer running around, each infected with disease and starving to death? No - I'll grant a few sadists and some penniless guys the right to kill for the greater good.

There you go.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Nov 25 2004, 11:09 PM
Post #9

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

OMG - I actually agree with everything PWM just said. blink.gif

Apart from the orgasm bit. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Nov 26 2004, 12:08 AM
Post #10

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Nov 25 2004, 05:13 PM)
Don't you mean they "meant" it?

Yes, of course... I was tired at the time and totally up in flames at this guy for saying that...

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Nov 26 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #11

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I think there's no reason to say a human life is worth more than an animal life and vice versa. Experimenting with drugs on animals - well, obviously no cosmetics, and I think experimenting with drugs on animals is okay. It does really break my heart though to read about it.

I'll sacrifice a few dozen mice to cure AIDS,

Yes
hell, I'd kill a few sheep to improve my orgasm.

Stop being ridiculous before I get a few sheep to kill you to improve their orgasms. Sheesh man. tongue.gif

Hunting is okay, but I'm not believing there are as many overpopulation problems as people say there are. However, hunting with a hunting rifle=okay. Hunting with an assault weapon=wtf aaaghh.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Nov 26 2004, 06:06 AM
Post #12

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I'm not a fan of hunting, but living in the south and being in various amounts of contact with hunting thoughout my life, I've grown to accept it as sport and for sustinance. I really don't see it as a heinous thing to enjoy shooting a deer with your buddies covered in camo at five in the morning. I don't put that in the same category as, say, mutilating a rabbit on your back porch because you think it's funny. They're doing it for the sport, not because they get a kick out of pumping lead into another mammal.

Often, the animals they experiment on reproduce quickly (rabbits, mice, etc.) so it's not like they're working on endangered species. Would these animal rights activists rather we a.) experiment on humans (probably, anyone but them, that is) or b.) not experiment at all and have dangerous, untested drugs on the market (or helpful drugs not on the maket at all)?

On the topic of food, do these people go after farms and slaughterhouses and what-not? I do know that, for the most part, animals can't suffer while they're being bred and born to be slain, butchared and eventually put on my dinner plate. Ron white put it best: "I din't climb up all the way to the f*cking food chain to eat carrots."

I just love militant animal activists or vegans or whatever have you. I think they're hilarious. I love how they tell you that you are the worst thing since Clash or the Titans when you eat a greasy burger and non-dairy-free milkshake. They remind me of the pro-lifers who will come about an inch from gang beating you and burying you neck-deep by an ant hill for thinking that someone should be allowed to do with his/her body what he/she wishes. Since when is a cow's life more important tnan a fellow human beings? That's evil and sadistic to me, not eating a steak or a chicken sandwich.

I could go on and on, but sleep's calling me, so yeah.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
FurryMammal
post Dec 2 2004, 11:49 PM
Post #13

Secret Electric Pants Buffer

Group: New Members
Member No.: 559

They're doing it for the sport, not because they get a kick out of pumping lead into another mammal.

Probably differences in opinion here, but is there a difference between the two?

I don't really have an opinion on hunting, it obviously serves a purpose but whether the purpose is worth giving a bunch of people guns with live ammunition is a different matter. Personally, I can't see the appeal in shooting a deer at 5 AM with a bunch of friends, mainly because I can never face 5 AM as it is.
The little vegetarian in me is telling me it's wrong to kill animals but I'm not really bothered about their lives. I'm not a vegetarian on moral grounds, so eat up guys.
In conclusion... I can take or leave hunting. I will probably never try it and I suspect I wouldn't like it too much if I did- too much running around and the 'hunting platform' thing seems atrociously unsporting to me.

--------------------
George Bush- the world's worst winner.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 10:07 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!