IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Was Everyone's Thanksgiving?, Oh the joys of extended family...
Phyllis
post Nov 26 2004, 02:59 AM
Post #1

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

There's no happy Turkey Day thread this year ohmy.gif I realized that a bit belatedly, so I figured I'd start this one.

My day was filled with relatives I don't particularly care for, and one of them ended up shooting a duck through the head, then skinning it so he could take it home to eat tomorrow. I have never felt more like a hick in my life. dry.gif I am forever going to refer to Thanksgiving as Duck Day instead of Turkey Day now. And, as I have been saying since this happened, I must have been switched at birth. I do not belong in this family!!

How'd everyone else do? Any memorable stuff, or just the same old stuffing yourself and tolerating relatives until you or they finally went home?

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Nov 26 2004, 03:10 AM
Post #2

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

My Grandmother has a bladder infection. She pisses like burning. And feels the need to tell me about it.

How many more days am I here? Three? Arrrgh...

+Quote Post
Xkitsurabamix
post Nov 26 2004, 03:25 AM
Post #3

Animal of manual life

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,220

I thought i was going to go to the local bohemian place to grab some veggie-turkey...but apparently, my mom felt like sleeping the whole day...
so i sat infront of my computer...
all day long...
playing the sims...
sleep.gif;;;

In lighter news: The Lorax and I have decided to become co-web mistresses on a new website! woo!
(*still pushes for the domain name to be Electric Pants Boogie-Woogie*)

--------------------
user posted image
"Savior" isn't the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind.

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Nov 26 2004, 03:29 AM
Post #4

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

this year, we had thanksgiving with oursevles... just mom, dad, sister and me. instead of our usual hillbilly reunion.
Of course, those are alaways fun since someone always ends up dancing on the table. (drunk or not)

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Nov 26 2004, 03:42 AM
Post #5

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Mine was the usual family bickering and the usual me hiding. On a lighter note though I got turkey! I don't like the meal my family decided to have instead of turkey and I was pouting about it, so my mom bought me a pre-cooked turkey breast and my grandma (gotta love her) made a turkey the day before so I could have some. laugh.gif

I brought loads of homework but barely could work on it because my family is too loud, so that gave us the excuse to leave earlier than normal so I could come home and work on it, but have yet to touch it this evening. Damned triptophan (sp?) has made me tired.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Nov 26 2004, 04:56 AM
Post #6

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Mine was predictable. My older sister came over so my siblings, Spiffy (she says hi) and I huddled together (and bickered) while my mom took it upon herself to create the masterpiece that is Thanksgiving dinner. As the preparation winded down, my mother required the services of Rachel (older sister), so Rick, Spiffy and I hung out in mine and Rick's lair. When we were summoned to eat, which we did, with my mom, my dad (whom I had not seen once that whole day), my father's brother and his wife, my siblings (all four of us) and my paternal grandfather. As usual, as soon as we finished eating, we scattered. Overall, it was all right, especially since days before, my paternal grandmother (the one who denies that she's Asian and was born in the Carribean) called and said that she conveniently couldn't make it, which was good because I didn't want a crazy Jamaican-born Chinese woman telling me I'm fat (I get enough of that from Rick) and that I need to be a lawyer or her droning on about her delusions of grandeur spawned from her shame of growing up poor on a small tropical island instead of wealthy in London (I don't like my grandmother).

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Nov 26 2004, 12:12 PM
Post #7

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (candice @ Nov 26 2004, 02:59 AM)
There's no happy Turkey Day thread this year ohmy.gif  I realized that a bit belatedly, so I figured I'd start this one.

My day was filled with relatives I don't particularly care for, and one of them ended up shooting a duck through the head, then skinning it so he could take it home to eat tomorrow.  I have never felt more like a hick in my life.  dry.gif  I am forever going to refer to Thanksgiving as Duck Day instead of Turkey Day now.  And, as I have been saying since this happened, I must have been switched at birth.  I do not belong in this family!!

How'd everyone else do?  Any memorable stuff, or just the same old stuffing yourself and tolerating relatives until you or they finally went home?

But you at least got the pictures we were talking about, right?

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Nov 26 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #8

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

I didn't celebrate turkey day per se. Though I did hang out with some Americans on Turkey Day night. One of them got arrested, everyone got drunk, someone cried, there was good food, and the police were involved.

It was eerily like Thanksgiving . . .

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Nov 26 2004, 01:57 PM
Post #9

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

It's Thanksgiving dinner at Casa Del Jonman tomorrow night for all the americans we know. Turkey + all the trimmings will be cooked (by the wife) and eaten (by me). I'll probably be assuming the position of barman/waiter/kitchen skivvy/drunkard. Thanksgiving's great - it's like a dress rehearsel for Christmas.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Nov 26 2004, 04:46 PM
Post #10

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (Tarantio @ Nov 26 2004, 04:12 AM)
But you at least got the pictures we were talking about, right?

Not yet. Tom and his bride are still in the freezer. I need film first. I don't think they're going anywhere soon, though. There are FOUR of them left (she bought another one after I talked to you).

I still can't believe they killed a duck in the front yard on Thanksgiving. And then my cousin's bf walked through the house WHILE WE WERE EATING carrying a bag of entrails and skin. I am officially scarred for life. dry.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Nov 26 2004, 05:19 PM
Post #11

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

I've got a bottle of wine to finish off.

That's really all I have to say for this thanksgiving.

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Nov 27 2004, 05:48 PM
Post #12

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

My family's insane (candice, if you feel bad, at least you don't have bunny stompers for cousins; they think a diet consisting entirely of spaghetti and bunnies from their bunny farm is healthy), but I got tofurkey. Say it out loud, it's funny: tofurkey! Nuff said.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 12:45 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!