> When Matazone Wins The Lottery
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Dec 2 2004, 12:24 PM
Post #1

dream to make believe

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 863

I'm in a day dreamy mood so I pose you this question:

If Matazone had billions of pounds what would you use it for?

To elaborate a little here is my idea...

Firstly we* buy a small, as yet undiscovered, island in an unspecified location with a temperate climate and develop it. All the development will be done in the most humane and ecologically friendly ways, of course.
There will be an airport, so matazonians can visit family or have family visit them. There will be a detatched, sound proof, individually designed home for each Matazonian or "family group" there of.
There will be schools and uni's to ensure that all Matazonians have the best education and are properly trained in the use of the English language. Class sizes will be a maximum of five so that everyone gets the attention they need.
There will be a hotel, for friends and family to stay when they visit.
There will be beaches with the purest white sand and no litter in sight, there will be bars along the beach front serving anything you so desire.
There will be no descrimination between races, genders, sexual preference groups etc...
There will be shops, but no money. People will work but purely for mental stimulation and not financial gain. Holidays are unlimited. There will be no taxes.
The bus service will be second to none, all vehicles will be environmentally friendly.
It will be acceptable to walk around naked if so desired, sun cream will be available on every street corner.

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much? Anyway, what would you do?

*that's the royal kind

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Dec 2 2004, 12:33 PM
Post #2

Worrying

Member No.: 1,419

Sounds okay but if people only work for mental stimulation....who in the world are you going to find to drive the buses?

+Quote Post
Xkitsurabamix
post Dec 2 2004, 12:35 PM
Post #3

Animal of manual life

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,220

Comunism, free drinks, and a college that will accept me?
Sounds like paradise, dear happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
"Savior" isn't the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Dec 2 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #4

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Utopia - theory works better than reality unfortunately.

If Matazone won the lottery we could finally have a fantastic Matameet. The Florida keys or Hawaii could host the influx of people from all over the globe. I'd be tempted by a free plane ticket and paid hotel. For those under 18 we could offer to fly a favoured guardian also. It could be 3-6 days long. Long enough to make some awesome friends and yet not quite long enough to get on everyone's nerves.
Food, fun, laughter, and (judging by the musical talent of the group) excellent music. Yep, I'd go. Remaining monies could fund the site and/or Mata.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 2 2004, 12:47 PM
Post #5

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

^ almost 100% agreeing with Ashbless here smile.gif

But...I'd like to add a present for everyone, like something they really wanted? Within reason...ie a bass guitar for me, instruments for people...etc etc...

*dreaming of having her own bass*

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 2 2004, 03:03 PM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Every house would have ludircrously fast internet access too.

And there would be a dormant volcano, housing my base with a huge rocket. Inside the rocket would be a satellite that I woudl send into space to destroy all the othe satellites until I controlled the skies and could hold the world to ransom.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Dec 2 2004, 05:47 PM
Post #7

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 2 2004, 07:03 AM)
And there would be a dormant volcano, housing my base with a huge rocket. Inside the rocket would be a satellite that I woudl send into space to destroy all the othe satellites until I controlled the skies and could hold the world to ransom.

blink.gif

Sometimes it's like you can read my mind, Mata. tongue.gif

There'd have to be a big library...the kind where you need ladders to reach some of the books. Oh and we could have a big arena thing with a huge screen for gaming competitions. And we'd need an export...something to make a lot of money so we wouldn't go broke. Uhm...some rare, delicious fruit found only on our island. That way we can just hire people from a nearby island to come over on a ferry and do the jobs we don't want to do. biggrin.gif Or we could just *force* them, since Mata plans to take over the world and all, but that wouldn't be very neighborly, would it?

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Dec 3 2004, 12:07 AM
Post #8

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

I'd drive a bus! Seriously, driving in good traffic is one of the most relaxing experiences in the world. Especially when there's good tunes, scenery, and friends to go along with it!

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Dec 3 2004, 12:34 AM
Post #9

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 2 2004, 03:03 PM)

I suppose everyone would be given combat training and be on the look out for strange looking upper-middle class english men wearing a tux and is generally the centre of female attention tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Dec 3 2004, 03:23 AM
Post #10

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Dec 2 2004, 04:34 PM)

I suppose everyone would be given combat training and be on the look out for strange looking upper-middle class english men wearing a tux and is generally the centre of female attention tongue.gif

Of course! We could set up surveilance in the club lounges and baccarat pits!

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 3 2004, 11:05 AM
Post #11

Ooo, we'd have to have lovely glitzy evening gowns too smile.gif

--------------------

SHINY...

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Dec 3 2004, 11:33 AM
Post #12

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Every house would have ludircrously fast internet access too.

And reliable too!! wink.gif

I think organising meets in every town/ county/ state in every country that a Matazonian lives in, which is free for all Matazonians (and guardians) to attend, good grub and drink. Annualy. Yeah, that sounds good biggrin.gif. Also sounds like we'd all be living outta suitcases a fair bit of the year too.

Or, spending the money on a 16 year electorial campaigne for Feyliya! I think with 16 years to prepare and loadsa dosh we could stand a good chance. With all of us meeing up in the US to promote/ help out.

Xeno, I wouldn't mind driving a bus on Snoo's island, as long as that is, no one minds the fact that I'd be learning on the job tongue.gif

SPS, English? Tsk, surley you mean Scottish? *thinks of Sean Connery*

Oh Cand, a library with tall ladders sounds fun! Oh, with the ladders on rollers, so we can all zip around, tehehe smile.gif -Hey Library Ladder Racing, not to sure exactly how it works, but could be fun.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Dec 3 2004, 09:41 PM
Post #13

dream to make believe

can the librarian be an Orangutan(sp?), please???

oh please!?!?

You know you want it wink.gif

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Dec 3 2004, 09:48 PM
Post #14

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Hrm...

I'm all for funding Mata and the huge Mata meets. While we're at it, we could buy off the UN and each become high ranking members of it and finally get the world going good. I think a global Mata Tour (we buy a plane and travel all around the world having crazy misadventures) would be a good idea.

The library's good, too, but while we're at it, we simply must have a full selection of video games, movies, and CDs as well. And we should all get mp3 players?

And hows about "Mata-Stock?" It could be a huge seven day concert with... no price gouging!

*walks off smiling*

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Dec 3 2004, 10:09 PM
Post #15

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

QUOTE (snoo @ Dec 3 2004, 09:41 PM)
can the librarian be an Orangutan(sp?), please???

oh please!?!?

You know you want it wink.gif

*jumps up and down* YES! We'd have to stock up on banana's mind. wink.gif Lot's of them.

QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Dec 3 2004, 09:48 PM)
The library's good, too, but while we're at it, we simply must have a full selection of video games, movies, and CDs as well.  And we should all get mp3 players?

Oh, waterproof MP3 players so that we can swim/ walk in tropical rain stormes with them, and they are walkie talkies and GPS devices and mobile phones with free call anywhere in the world so that wwe can call family and friends all the time too!

This post has been edited by funked)out_frog: Dec 3 2004, 10:17 PM

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Dec 4 2004, 12:24 AM
Post #16

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Hell, Ashbless, if I had money, even a limited amount (though quite large), I'd throw a massive Matameet here in Florida, even if it put me into debt. If you couldn't afford the fares, I'd fly all of you guys over here. I couldn't promise most of what has suggested, but in Jacksonville, the beaches are gorgeous and the Best Westerns are quite comfortable, however being the cheap bastard I am, I'd throw four or so into a room and possibly have people crash at my house or my sister's house (where there are nice couches and plenty of floorspace for sleeping bags). For music, I'd book Social Failure and any other bands willing to play there (LCK and Mushroomhead come to mind). For refreshments, I'd have Ritz soda and Moon River pizza (and if you don't like it, bring a cake or something). I'd load the place up with couches of all shapes and sizes, a bar complete with keg, bottled and mixed drinks and shots (but you'd need ID; I don't want to get arrested again), a smoking room (depending on where it's held), TVs with PS2s, Xboxes and Gamecubes (I'd have to rent those), schedualed events and door prizes. All would be welcome; I don't care who you are.

I seriously would do this if I had the money. I mean, what else am I gonna spend my money on?

Oh, and I'd talk with Polo and see if he wants to have an event where he officially names my penis.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Dec 4 2004, 12:56 AM
Post #17

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

but, if every matazone "family member" lived on this island, wouldn't the fourms die? since we can all just go outside and talk to each other there wouldn't be anyuse to type to each other anymore....
also, if we could have this island, I wouldn't put it in the flordia keys, as there is way too many mosquitos...
and I would still have to go to school!
can we at least shorten it by four years? then there would only be
*counts on fingers*
one and a half more years! that would definatily work for me!
oh and would places like "the bar" be real? 'cause that would be awsome!

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Dec 4 2004, 01:41 AM
Post #18

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Member No.: 1,469

just to add something to this island i really strongly believe we should invite Brian Molko of placebo tongue.gif ...... notthat i'd be constantly perving or anything

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Dec 4 2004, 03:10 AM
Post #19

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

How about a large island with annual invited Italian car races, held inside an exact replica of Talladega? We could have an outdoors mall (Trust me those are fun), maybe a Chipotle, nice acre-lots and a giant laser cannon, to crush our enemies! Maybe even a mini laser cannon sand box, to crush little Johnny's sand castle (Sure teaches HIM not to steal the bucket!)

We could secede from wherever countries we come from, and become...
The International Unity of Ludicrous Other-Siders! Whoooeeeeoooo... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Dec 4 2004, 05:09 AM
Post #20

How about lots of high quality coffee? You can never have too much. And laser tag! And pool tables! And air hockey! And DDR Machines!

*sigh*

--------------------
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 4 2004, 11:08 AM
Post #21

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

Has anyone actually bought a lottery ticket yet?

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Dec 6 2004, 12:44 AM
Post #22

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

they have all been losers.... but i'm sure we'll get a winner some day...
(god, I sound like my dad!)

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Dec 13 2004, 12:45 AM
Post #23

Could we buy special creamers, too?

And Johnny Depp?

--------------------
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Dec 13 2004, 03:59 AM
Post #24

dream to make believe

I don't think you could *buy* Johnny Depp, lure him with your charms or kidnap him maybe...

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 13 2004, 03:51 PM
Post #25

Mmm...*drooling over Johnny Depp* yep, kidnap indeed laugh.gif
I brought a ticket for this weekend...I didn't win the jackpot, but I've yet to check I haven't won 10 or something...we could have a kitty for the money?

--------------------

SHINY...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 12:57 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!