IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some Times Things Just Work, i got a realy neat thingy
depressed lonely...
post Dec 4 2004, 01:33 AM
Post #1

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,469

at a chemist near me there's a really cool add for Elisabeth Arden "provocative woman" this add features Catherine Zeta-Jones wearing a very cool black dress.
yesterday i noticed that it had ben taken down, so i asked where it was and the owner of the chemist said it was in the skip out the back but if i wanted it that skip was just clean rubbish.
so i went skip diving and found not only the E.A add but a whole lot off last years christmas decoratons that coles had tossed and the stands from last weks pantene sale that i'd been eyeing off to keep my patterns in.

so it was cool day assuming you're like me and don't rooting around in bins for cool free stuff.

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pab
post Dec 4 2004, 02:03 AM
Post #2

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

Yup ... can almost relate to that. Though I dont know what I'd do with Pantène stands, as advertisding stands, tempting though they always are, are quite useless if taken out of context.

HOWEVER...
I once got hold of a barrel, à la 50 gallon oil-drum, that had been neatly sprayed metallic silver for an IT stand in a fair, and is now my hall table with the phone plopped on top. Yay for seizing opportunities such as these.
Mental note: dont fill the storage locker with display stands... the wife'd kill me

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 4 2004, 03:25 AM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

My leather two-seater sofa and armchair are both from a house a few roads away. They were on the pavement with 'please feel free to take these' signs on them. Hurrah for free stuff, I say.

They're knackered but very, very comfy. Also, the sofa gives free gifts of small pieces of toy sets that were lost into the depths of the sofa by the previous owners. Their deck of cards must be awful, and their lego sets not much better...

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Dec 4 2004, 05:04 AM
Post #4

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Oh blimey, free Christmas dcorations, phone stand and seatage.

The best free stuff I ever got was when I was a a poor student living on my own. There was a bakery just around the corner (just the bakery, no shop so to speak), I got free bread, it wasn't exactly perfect, but it was free and I was skint. biggrin.gif

There was a fridge frezzer going a few months ago on my street, and my neighbours are always eager to get rid of surplus apples and pears. *rubs tummy*

Have you ever manage to make summit out of the Lego pieces Mata (more than a pillar tongue.gif)?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Dec 4 2004, 05:19 AM
Post #5

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

I worked in Convenience stores for many years, and got some neat display type stuff when it was thrown out. Unfortunately, it was all shoddy stuff, and hasn't survived... (Well, except for those metal milk crates I got, when everyone switched to plastic... Those are handy, and heavy!). Recently, my sister took over managing a video place that was switching over to an all X-rated store, and selling off it's family oriented videos. While cleaning out the back room, she found several promotional displays and posters that had never been opened. She gave Me lifesize stand-ups of both Lilo and Stitch, which now have pride of place in my Bedroom (Which, I suppose, tells you something about my lovelife, but that's another story... wink.gif laugh.gif ).

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Dec 4 2004, 05:19 AM
Post #6

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I find that helping people move with often net you free stuff. My roomates don't want to move all their furniture into their new place and have given me my bed and desk. As well two boxes of kitchen stuff have a new home with me.
When I helped friends move before I received a dozen houseplants, a box of kitchen stuff and a bunch of really nice candles.
My last bit of luck was a couple chairs and a couch that a fellow, the sushi buddy I mentioned in Jonman's post, let me have for two homemade pies and the promise of the occasional bit of baking. wink.gif biggrin.gif

I've let friends have stuff I didn't want to move also. One ex recieved a queen sized bed and a sofa because I couldn't be bothered figuring out how to move it to my new place. It was across a province. My ex has a microwave and a set of tires for the exact same reason. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 4 2004, 09:28 AM
Post #7

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

One of the coolest things about living in Korea: when people get bored, or tired of their big old stuff, instead of having a garage sale (no garages) or taking it to the sally ann (alot of people don't own cars and there are very few thrift shops) they buy a sticker from the municipality to let them throw it out, stick it on, and put it outside. This is to let the garbage guys know that it's been paid for and it's legal to dump. But! The big stuff only gets hauled away every couple of weeks, so there's always a whole shwack of stuff just lying around waiting to be picked up. hee hee!

I've got a wonderful computer chair (best one I've ever owned, with only a couple small stains on) a kitchen table, a little kids low table, a nice very low dining room table for random stuff, some dishes and tupperware and a humidifier that just needed to be wiped off. All these I got just walking down the street. My coworkers have gotten some good stuff too, medicine cabinets, whole wardrobes with glass doors, sectional couches, chairs, dishes... the list goes on.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Dec 4 2004, 09:59 AM
Post #8

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

My mother once found a mannequin - the standard armless female torso - and took it home and painted it gold. It's great for confusing visitors.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Dec 4 2004, 11:51 AM
Post #9

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Member No.: 1,469

a few years ago when i was just getting into skip diving i would go with friend. the thing that bothered me was that most skips are between 4.5-5 fet deep and then i was only 4 foot 8(i'm only 5,3 now) and the guy i went with was 23 and 6'8" so it was easy for him to get at thing that i just couldn't reach.
it's really unfair that people like him are freakishly tall and i'm only just averagely short dry.gif

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Dec 4 2004, 01:49 PM
Post #10

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

A few years ago there was this horrible storm around her that blew down trees, etc. The Council came and sliced up one of the fallen trees, and me and a friend ended up taking one and rolling it home. We must've looked ridiculous, rolling this four foot long piece of trunk around. And it was really rather heavy. It took us about 20 minutes to get it just down the road.

I used it as a table for a fews years, but now it's out in the garden housing our sun dial.

Hurrah for theiving.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Dec 4 2004, 02:51 PM
Post #11

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Me and FU once found some toys just laying forlornly at the side of the road on our way home from the pub one Christmas. We took them home and put them under the Christmas tree.

Mum was not amused and made ME go and return them to where we found them.

FU got away with it. Wench. wink.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 05:07 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!