IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ever Growing Workload...
Queenie
post Dec 6 2004, 04:48 PM
Post #1

YAY!!! Garfield my cute little honey bun!!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 341

Was just wondering if anyone else seems to be drowning among paper and the likes at the moment?! *sighs*

I've got 3 essays to do for uni by this friday (well thursday because i'm working friday) - 1 Classroom management and control and 2 theology and to be honest i don't know where to start!! I've also got to make a booklet for primary children going to visit a Roman Catholic Church and well pah to that...!!
I'm hoping to have my RE booklet (-got the lesson plans done!!) and my Classroom management essay done by tonight but it seems a very far fetched target!! Especially when i've only really got the rest of today, tomorrow and thursday to do all of this!!

And to make things worse... work is really short staffed and they've got me working wednesday and friday - really tempted to pull a sicky on wednesday because i can't see myself doing all of this in time.

I thought Christmas was only meant to be stressful because of having to venture in overcrowded shops and try get presents for people in time?!

Anyway bit of a rant!! But was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat? All my friends that i live with seem to be able to rest now! Lucky gets! dry.gif

Hopefully i'll get all my work done for thursday?! huh.gif

--------------------
SQUEAK BED SQUEAK!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Dec 6 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #2

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I know the feeling.

Well kind of, I had an assignment due in today, one last Friday and one next Monday.

I don't think I have a chance of getting my psychology done (at least not well) by Monday without not sleeping at all between then and now!

Right now I'm running on two hours sleep, a huge cup of black coffee packed with sugar and an iced bun. I am so wired!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
pvcfairy
post Dec 6 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,200

I'm drowning paperwork as ever, but for you classroom management you can go far wrong with 'Getting the Buggers to Behave' for the basics. I think most courses have that on their recomended reading lists anyway. Can't think any others that have been of use at the moment. Good luck you can do it.

--------------------
I'm sweet and innocent me

+Quote Post
Queenie
post Dec 6 2004, 06:31 PM
Post #4

awww... cheers pvcfairy smile.gif hopefully i will get it done and all!!

An snoo i feel like you sleep!? pah... who needs sleep? Sleep is for the weak?! unsure.gif *tries to convince herself some more* Coffee sounds good and i don't even drink coffee... just need something to keep me up but due to mass photocopying today and it being so pick pocketing i'm just going to sit and stare at a computer screen till home.

Also due to lack of computer at home am currently surrounded by loads of first years who think its great playing dog poop music while they work mad.gif *sighs and starts nodding her head to some rap thing* sad.gif I want to go home...

--------------------
SQUEAK BED SQUEAK!!

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Dec 6 2004, 07:07 PM
Post #5

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

Bless you dear.

Don't forget to relax and take a load off every now and then.

...Miss you woman wink.gif

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
Queenie
post Dec 6 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #6

Can staring at a computer screen for half an hour and not actually moving a muscle be defined as a break!? Think i should actually go home sad.gif

... Miss you too lady! smile.gif

--------------------
SQUEAK BED SQUEAK!!

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 6 2004, 08:19 PM
Post #7

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I'm with you. I have a final paper due on Wednesday for English and then I'm done with that class for the semester. I have my final project art which consists of making 4 pictures of things that are important to me and combining them into one picture, due on Friday and I have my final exam to prepare for next Wednesday. Today is my only other day off this week and I have yet to work on any of those, so it looks like it's going to be a bunch of half @ssed rushed projects after work.

The good news is, that after this big rush of final projects and finals, we all get a break! I'm hoping you do too Queenie.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 7 2004, 11:06 AM
Post #8

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Bah, I say, and 'bah' again.

I'm making a new Lapin animation (after giving up on a game I was making), then I'm making a Christmas animation, and after that I've got to rewrite a chapter of my thesis by the start of February (approx 10k words). Having a break at Christmas indeed...

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Queenie
post Dec 7 2004, 11:52 AM
Post #9

Oh my blink.gif wacko.gif *keeps fingers crossed for all of us*

Yea Lolo, i'm counting down to christmas just so i can sit and not worry about anything but my placement that starts in January!! Urgh... it's all never ending!

--------------------
SQUEAK BED SQUEAK!!

+Quote Post
talking to faeri...
post Dec 7 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #10

put the aerial on your head

Group: New Members
Member No.: 89

Yep, it's all work for me too at the moment. I've just finished a 6,000 word research foldery thing, which is due in tomorrow and now I'm about to start another essay which is due in on Thursday...what fun!! And I'm only going to have a tiny Christmas break because I'll be in uni most of the time researching for my dissertation. But I suppose it'll all be worth it in the end...hopefully unsure.gif

Good luck to everyone anyway smile.gif

--------------------
~I'm missing your bed, I never sleep, avoiding the spots where we'd have to speak, and this bottle of beast is taking me home. I'm cuddling close to blankets and sheets, you're not alone and you're not descreet. You make sure I know who's taking you home. I'm reading your note over again, there's not a word that I comprehend, except when you signed it "I will love you always and forever"~

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Dec 7 2004, 01:00 PM
Post #11

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

I hate to get hate mail or something, but I've 3 assignments in after christmas, one was supposed to be in on Thursday but due to a cock-up we have until after Christmas for it (1500 words on how the internet has affected the music industry, yay!) I have a video to make (boo) and I have a Director project (another one)....oh plus I have one that was ment to be handed in on friday (something to do with psycho-acoustics), but due to some of us informing the module leader of how much we've learnt in that class (nothing) he's taken over teaching that particular practical AND given us an extension to next Thursday, double yay!

As an aside, from those four assignments would anyone like to hazard a guess as to which degree I'm studying for? You'll never guess tongue.gif

oh oh, almost forgot the history and development of 5.1 surround....but thats VERY late now....

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 9 2004, 09:47 AM
Post #12

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

Well, seen as we're all jumping on the bandwagon now, I've got to sample, synch and embed an entire audio track to a three and a half minute game clip for next friday. I haven't started yet :S. Also, just to add injury to injury, I have to finish off production of a space-invaders style flash game. Mata knows how long I've been working on that. He would be very disappointed. sad.gif

And next week, we get given our maths coursework. To do over christmas holidays. Hooray!

-cries-

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Dec 9 2004, 10:07 AM
Post #13

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

Balls to the lot of you. At least you're doing something constructive, rather than being a corporate wage whore, chained to a desk for 40 hours a week.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 9 2004, 10:23 AM
Post #14

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

Been there, done that, was forced to buy the t-shirt from the corporate store... tongue.gif

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 9 2004, 12:47 PM
Post #15

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

I'm still looking forward to seeing the game when it's finished Tara!

I was programming a game myself, but got bored after the thrid time that I had to reprogram from scratch. That's one of the advangtages of not doing this sort of thing for other people, if you get bored then you can just stop!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 10:53 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!