Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Useful Info Archive, At least to some it will be
Korbin Dallas
post Dec 8 2004, 12:53 PM
Post #1

I like the way her hands move as well!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,429

Basically this will be to save some people some time and bother.

I bought a couple of foreign DVDs in NTSC format & found that I couldn't play them on my PS2 so after some inquiries, I found that I needed an all region access disk and even then, they only played in black and white, so after some more enquiries I found that you could get an adapter to play them in color.

--------------------
Responsibility: an anchor round my neck. Dependability: Made me a nervous wreck. Accountability: I live from cheque to cheque. Volatility: neglect and no respect. Got my wheels in motion, & I got a path to beat. I hit the road to I don't know, & look for tough sh*t street. One way ticket nowhere. There's no windows on this train. Can't see where I'm headed, but I'm going there again.

Primary adjunct to Mistress Snugglebums harem.
Procurement drone One of Nine

QUOTE(Feyliyas signature)
@_@ Blog Matazone. You know you want to. @_@
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Dec 9 2004, 05:49 AM
Post #2

Meow!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,296

QUOTE (Korbin Dallas @ Dec 8 2004, 08:53 AM)
Basically this will be to save some people some time and bother.

I bought a couple of foreign DVDs in NTSC format & found that I couldn't play them on my PS2 so after some inquiries, I found that I needed an all region access disk and even then, they only played in black and white, so after some more enquiries I found that you could get an adapter to play them in color.

blink.gif Well, I don't know about PS2's, but it's my understanding that there is a chip or something in DVD players that make them play only DVDs from their region or all region DVDs. Remove that piece, and they'll play any DVD. This will, of course, void any warrenties, and possibly be illegal.

The reason for regionalism in DVDs is to restrict access... Your local dealers don't want you sending off to foreign countries that may have the DVDs at a cheaper price, or have DVDs that the Dealers or your country don't want you to have...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Dec 9 2004, 12:34 PM
Post #3

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

yeah but you can get multi-region DVD players now so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to get an adapter to make them multi-region really.

*shrugs*

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Dec 10 2004, 04:53 AM
Post #4

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

You can get three grand in north Florida if you're a female between 21 and 33 and donate an egg.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 05:49 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!