IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> If You Can Read This Click Here -->, a poll on reading
How offen do you read books, etc ?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 59
Guests cannot vote 
Cath Sparrow
post Dec 10 2004, 07:48 PM
Post #1

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Yet another curiosity to come out of IRC. One of the members we were talking to on IRC mention haveing not ever read a book though all the way and being a complete book addict I can't even contemplate that I go nuts if I dont have a book to read so I was wondering who else on here doesn't read off forum.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Dec 10 2004, 07:50 PM
Post #2

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

If you CAND read this...?

Cath, I never knew you cared so much. tongue.gif

And my answer was the first one. I fell out of the habit of reading for pleasure when I entered university, but now am getting back into doing so, and <3

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Dec 10 2004, 07:51 PM
Post #3

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Must have a book or I will go crazy! Though I've currently ground to a halt in my current book thanks to IRC and it's supreme addictiveness. blink.gif

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Dec 10 2004, 07:57 PM
Post #4

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I picked the second one, I pretty much always have a book on the go but I tend to get sidetracked alot and then pick it up a few weeks later.

But I <3 reading, wish I had more time to do it... sleep is so time consuming!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Dec 10 2004, 08:40 PM
Post #5

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

I generally have at least 4 books to read in different parts of the house, just pick one up and read then put it down to do something else, pick up another one. If you hadn't guessed I picked the first one.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
lar_di_dar
post Dec 10 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #6

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,526

QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 10 2004, 07:48 PM)
One of the members we were talking to on IRC mention haveing not ever read a book though all the way

its not my fault i have a short attenti....ooooo shiney

--------------------
If you marry your sister are you your own kids uncle?

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Dec 10 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #7

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I read every single day. I probably read two books a week. I have to have a book on the go or I go crazy - especially at night. I can't sleep unless I'm reading in bed.

However, it has to be one book at a time. I like to give my full attention to what I'm reading and won't swap about if I feel an inkling to read something else.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Black-Wings
post Dec 10 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #8

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 1,371

I read before I go to bed until my eyes go fuzzy and I can't focus on the words. Only problem is that it means I'm practically stoned when I go to school.

--------------------
If I die before I'm waked, allow me lord to rock out naked :b

VOTE BROTHER BLACK SHEEP.. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO...

+Quote Post
Aria
post Dec 10 2004, 10:26 PM
Post #9

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

I read constantly. I'm usually in the middle of 3 or 4 books at one time.

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Dec 10 2004, 11:06 PM
Post #10

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

It all depends, I can go for a good while between reading a book, but if there's one that really takes my interest it can take presidence over everything else.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 10 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #11

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

I like to read, unfortunatly for me most of the time I don't have the time to do as much of it as I want. Currently I think I'm in the process of reading 4 different books, some of which I started over a year ago.

I put occasionally when something peeks my interest, because well I don't have the time to engulf myself in them as much as I'd like.

(I changed the topic from If you cand read this... to If you can read this, because I think that's what you meant)

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Dec 11 2004, 02:04 AM
Post #12

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 240

Books are good. My friend got me reading some really long ones recently. They're pretty good except the incest and rape parts. Lots of people die though, so it's fun to talk about laugh.gif I usually read right before bed, which often keeps me up even later than usual. It doesn't usually affect my dreams though.

+Quote Post
Misty Rain
post Dec 11 2004, 08:42 AM
Post #13

Obsessive

Member No.: 1,525

QUOTE (Cath @ Dec 10 2004, 07:48 PM)
Yet another curiosity to come out of IRC. One of the members we were talking to on IRC mention haveing not ever read a book though all the way and being a complete book addict I can't even contemplate that I go nuts if I dont have a book to read so I was wondering who else on here doesn't read off forum.

Good morning Cath,

While looking at this vote thing I have come across a caption that says "You have chosen to ignore Cath."
I am unsure if this comment refers to me personally or not.
As far as I know I have ignored nobody.
This site is is still constantly telling me that I am receiving email notifications when none are visible.
It also tells me that there are 6 (so far) messages for me and there are not.
I realise that I have to teach myself how to do this and I will defeat it eventually but at the moment I feel like I have just bought an old Skoda and cannot find the Haines Manual.

Misty Rain

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Dec 11 2004, 10:06 AM
Post #14

I pull the wings off god

Member No.: 1,340

I like to read but have so little time do so. So I normally have a book to finish but it doesn't bother me all that much if I don't.

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 11 2004, 10:22 AM
Post #15

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

*devours books*

*eats so fast she gets commas stuck up her nose*

*curses punctuation*

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 11 2004, 10:24 AM
Post #16

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

Here's a clue: I came into the uni early today (nine oclock) to get some work done, but found out it didn't open til ten, so I went awandering, got some breakfast and headed into Fopp (music, movies and books...) I'm now sitting in the library after having bought two monty python books... and back home I have "the Corporation" and several Ursula K leGuin books waiting for me... So the first option, methinks.

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Dec 11 2004, 10:58 AM
Post #17

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

Normally my brain would implode without a book, but I left all my books in SC and I haven't been to the libraries up here yet, so I don't have a book at the moment. In fact, I've only read around 1 book a week the past 6 months. I've been spending most of my time with my fiancee. wink.gif

Now that I'm in a more civilized locale, and I don't have to turn to a book for intelligent conversation anymore, I might actually be able to cut my reading addiction down enough so that I don't have to have a book in my hands constantly!

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Misty Rain
post Dec 11 2004, 11:18 AM
Post #18

Obsessive

Member No.: 1,525

[I like stone circles'
My son bought me Circles of Stone - photos by Max Milligan - text by Aubrey Burl
The photography is superb.
I don't know about ancient science/magick/religion but the guys who dreamed up these things were surely great artists.

Misty Rain

cStill rrently receiving email notifications

If some one out there thinks I am ignoring them it isn't my fault.

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Dec 11 2004, 09:44 PM
Post #19

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I love reading very very much. Unfortunately, what with school and all that goes with it, I don't always have much time for reading. Still, I usually am working through 2 or 3. It appalls me daily how many of my peers refuse to crack a single spine. So depressing...

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Dec 12 2004, 03:58 AM
Post #20

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

QUOTE (Feyliya @ Dec 11 2004, 06:58 AM)
Normally my brain would implode without a book, but I left all my books in SC and I haven't been to the libraries up here yet, so I don't have a book at the moment.  In fact, I've only read around 1 book a week the past 6 months.  I've been spending most of my time with my fiancee. wink.gif

Now that I'm in a more civilized locale, and I don't have to turn to a book for intelligent conversation anymore, I might actually be able to cut my reading addiction down enough so that I don't have to have a book in my hands constantly!

Hey! I'd resent those comments if they weren't true... laugh.gif
I'm juggling about six books at the moment, and trying to keep up with two APAs... Lots of reading, little time...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Dec 12 2004, 12:07 PM
Post #21

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

QUOTE (LoLo @ Dec 11 2004, 12:19 AM)
(I changed the topic from If you cand read this... to If you can read this, because I think that's what you meant)

Thanks Lolo it was all Cands fault with talking to her at the time of posting! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jaq @ Dec 11 2004, 11:22 AM)
*devours books*

*eats so fast she gets commas stuck up her nose*

*curses punctuation*

Lmao! *gives Jaq a coma picker for xmas* dont want your nose to get all stuffed with comas now do we! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Dec 11 2004, 10:44 PM)
It appalls me daily how many of my peers refuse to crack a single spine. So depressing...

I know that why I started the thread the idea of not reading confuses me. Because to me it feels like there's getting to be less and less imagination in the world and reading is one of the best ways to develope it cause you have to come up with your own way of seeing the charators and locations and everything. So it strikes me as the less people read the less people imagine and the more stagnent the world becomes.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
a_line_in_your_b...
post Dec 12 2004, 01:01 PM
Post #22

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,486

If one thing is for sure i think it's that this forum isn't representative of most the population...for a start everyone seems to be passionately intellectual and also very well read.
Myself? I checked the first circle, but simply because at the moment i'm really needing to broaden my spectrum of book-reading. I do enjoy books though. Jasper Fforde all the way! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"I rule!" -Kevin Spacey, American Beauty

XxX

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Dec 12 2004, 04:07 PM
Post #23

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I dearly wish I had the time to read. sad.gif Time runs through my fingers like grains of sand these days. It does not make me happy.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Xkitsurabamix
post Dec 12 2004, 04:32 PM
Post #24

Animal of manual life

Member No.: 1,220

The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky has been my long-time book partner throughout school. whenever i grab a spare moment (Geometry), i read a few pages before i become preoccupied (The teacher screams at me).

--------------------
user posted image
"Savior" isn't the right word, but it's the first word that comes to mind.

+Quote Post
exceptional1709
post Dec 12 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #25

Incapable of normal thought

Member No.: 1,344

I LOVE reading but never have time to do so... (not helped by feeling compelled to check these forums at least once a day!)... perhaps that's why I'm slowly going mad.

--------------------
Official Beanbag-monger for TRIBE WYVERN (Visit us here!)
VOTE MR SB FOR FAVOURITE ANIMATION! (Go here to vote!)
--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--
Proud owner of a Violet Scuttler from the Tribe Wyvern lab. Not for rental or resale.
Mata loves us, this we know. Because the forums tell us so. All our souls to him belong. We are weak but he is strong
Always read the small print. You never know what it might say. You're leaving your brain open to subliminal messages. Being paranoid is good.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 07:53 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!