> Amazing Novel Culinary Procedure, Cement mixer cuisine
Misty Rain
post Dec 12 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,525

Good evening people,

I am fresh from carrying out this trial.
There is much to be done but I feel it is right to share with you the initial results.
New potatoes are a pain to prepare and we have some knobbley one, nice taste but difficult to clean.
I had finished with mixing cement and the washed out mixer drum was tilted to drain.
I suddenly thought that it was just a big pebble polisher and it could clean knobbley spuds just as well.
I put the spuds in with a one bucket of sand and one bicket of chippings up to 25 mil (one inch). I ran it for a half hour while preparing the rest of the meal.

It has worked fine but can be improved.

The spuds should be counted into the drum so that you know when you have counted them all out.
Use less sand and a finer harder gravel. Pea gravel used for paths might do.

Those of you born after 1980 should get a grown up to help them.

As an afterthought - there are those who may think that my mentions of concrete amount to a fetish and should bo posted in another place.
This apparent concrete obsession is because the house is on a slope and all my gardening is 50% civil engineering.
I had to build a 4 foot high wall and have 40 tons of infill delivered just to have a patio.

Anyway - if you do try the new method of spud bashing please let me know how it goes.

Have a nice day.
I am not working next week.

Misty Rain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Dec 13 2004, 12:44 AM
Post #2

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Just let me be the first to ask:

What indeed are you smoking?

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Misty Rain
post Dec 13 2004, 08:07 AM
Post #3

Obsessive

[quote=PsychWardMike,Dec 13 2004, 12:44 AM]
Just let me be the first to ask:

What indeed are you smoking?

Morning PsychWardMike,

Sorry - I don't smoke anything at all.

My body is a temple - although offerings of red wine or Guinness are accepted.

The mixer was there when I needed it.
I don't think I would drag it out specially.

I also think I released the results too early.
It needs more research.
There were remarks at dinner.
Things like "These potatoes taste gritty."

Less sand next time perhaps?

Must go - time for a lie down

Misty Rain

--------------------
?[SIZE=14]

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Dec 13 2004, 08:15 AM
Post #4

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

Hmmm...less sand and more small gravel should do the trick. Really small gravel, like around the size of fish tank rocks.

PWM, have you ever had the joy of peeling tons of potatos before? It's not fun, especially if you have arthritis (I do, I don't know if Misty does). The most potatos I've ever peeled before was two 10 lb. bags for Christmas dinner one year, and trust me, by the time it was done I had cuts up and down my hands and fingers, and I was eyeing my rock polisher.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Dec 13 2004, 01:09 PM
Post #5

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (Misty Rain @ Dec 12 2004, 03:25 PM)
Those of you born after 1980 should get a grown up to help them.

pfft, I was mixing mortar when I was a wee nipper....well ok, 16, but still, I'm 20 now and I'm quite sure you don't need to be 24 to successfully use a mixer....just be careful not to get the shovel caught in the mixing blade thingys....wrists get broken that way, I've heard of labours doing somersaults just to stop their wrists breaking wink.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Misty Rain
post Dec 13 2004, 01:12 PM
Post #6

Obsessive

QUOTE (Feyliya @ Dec 13 2004, 08:15 AM)
Hmmm...less sand and more small gravel should do the trick.  Really small gravel, like around the size of fish tank rocks.

PWM, have you ever had the joy of peeling tons of potatos before?  It's not fun, especially if you have arthritis (I do, I don't know if Misty does).  The most potatos I've ever peeled before was two 10 lb. bags for Christmas dinner one year, and trust me, by the time it was done I had cuts up and down my hands and fingers, and I was eyeing my rock polisher.

Morning Feyliya,
Oh afternoon

I have never peeled that many in a single go.
Ref the many cuts - could you not have opened the wine afterwards?

You seem young to have arthritis.
Is this the result of an injury or something that runs in the family?

I am lucky in that most of my body still works.
I was saved from the excesses of early youth by the gift of poverty.
Widowed mother and 5 of us children. Dad was a fireman in the blitz - Bristol and Bath mostly.
Anyway I developed pain and weakness in the left shoulder that, I was told, was the result of a surfing injury from 5 years previous. I could not swing round and lift my camera over onto the front seat of the car, weighed about 10 pounds.
A friend used to sell these magnetic bracelets which I thought were just a snake oil remedy. He let me borrow his and two weeks later I realised I had just lifted my camera without pain.
So I bought one and have not had a problem since.

They are not expensive.
Try an alternative therapy place.
I know your Food and Drug Administration do not like snake oil so you might not be able to get one..
If you want I might be able to find the company in England the makes them.

Misty Rain

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Dec 13 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #7

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Fey, darling, I'm from Kentucky. My grandparents owned a farm. I've peeled fifty pounds of potatoes in one sitting before, and it was actually fairly enjoyable (good family makes the time go bye.) As is, I didn't mean any offense, just a joke.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Dec 13 2004, 10:30 PM
Post #8

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

QUOTE (Misty Rain @ Dec 13 2004, 05:12 AM)
Morning Feyliya,
Oh afternoon

I have never peeled that many in a single go.
Ref the many cuts - could you not have opened the wine afterwards?

You seem young to have arthritis.
Is this the result of an injury or something that runs in the family?

I am lucky in that most of my body still works.
I was saved from the excesses of early youth by the gift of poverty.
Widowed mother and 5 of us children.  Dad was a fireman in the blitz - Bristol and Bath mostly.
Anyway I developed pain and weakness in the left shoulder that, I was told, was the result of a surfing injury from 5 years previous.  I could not swing round and lift my camera over onto the front seat of the car, weighed about 10 pounds.
A friend used to sell these magnetic bracelets which I thought were just a snake oil remedy.  He let me borrow his and two weeks later I realised I had just lifted my camera without pain. 
So I bought one and have not had a problem since.

They are not expensive.
Try an alternative therapy place.
I know your Food and Drug Administration do not like snake oil so you might not be able to get one..
If you want I might be able to find the company in England the makes them.

Misty Rain

I deffinitely couldn't have opened the wine afterwards. I was 13 last time I consented to do that!

And yes, I am really young to have arthritis. It does run in my family. I usually use Icy Hot and heating packs when it flares up. The magnetic bracelets don't work very well for me. Most of my arthritis is over-use induced. Twisting my hands too much and such like that. Not fun, especially considering I like carpentry and jewelry making.

QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Dec 13 2004, 09:01 AM)
Fey, darling, I'm from Kentucky.  My grandparents owned a farm.  I've peeled fifty pounds of potatoes in one sitting before, and it was actually fairly enjoyable (good family makes the time go bye.)  As is, I didn't mean any offense, just a joke.

Yeesh Mike. 50 lbs?!? No wonder you're nuts!

I know you didn't mean any offense. Neither did I.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 03:07 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!