IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sinister Person Of Mystery, Who/What am I?
Misty Rain
post Dec 13 2004, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,525

Afternoon all,

This is prompted by a visit by my youngest brother while I was burying bulbs in the garden - A relief from the concrete.
He was returning some of my old photo albums.
He is doing research on our family history.
Our dad was adopted sort of unofficially as he was an unwanted result of an affair by an unknown man with a married woman. The adoptive perents not having children of their own.

So I do not know my family line beyond my father on that side.
While I find my brother's research interesting I could not be bothered to do it.
I feel that I do not need to know that sort of stuff to feel secure within myself.

Does any one feel the need to know about such dead distant people?

Misty Rain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TehRoxxorCOD
post Dec 13 2004, 09:54 PM
Post #2

Inside Your Mind

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,251

No, can't say I give a flying fork whose chromosomes I've got.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Dec 13 2004, 10:11 PM
Post #3

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

When it comes down to it. What is important is who I am not who my ancestors were.
That being said I do like to hear stories of my forebears. I think it's very interesting that great gran delivered babies back in Saskatchewan and that a relative was in politics in Nevada. It added a certain coolness factor to a trip taken that we stayed with people that decended from his great grandfather's brother. Family and yet not family.
I like the fact that I have the same toes as my Mum and the same foot shape as my Dad.
Is it important? Not really. Not unless Huntington's disease, hemophilia, BC1 or BC2 gene or some other genetically passed down health problem runs in the family. Then knowing your ancestors gives you an idea what to look out for in your lifetime.

Mormons have some belief that family tree is very important. Not being Mormon I'm not sure what it is. Due to that they have great geneology records. Could a Mormon forumite please explain the significance of family tree records for the enlightenment of the rest of us?

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 05:27 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!