Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I've Suspended Mutilation
Mata
post Dec 19 2004, 02:05 AM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I thought I should make a little announcement about this because a few people have contacted me over time about Mutilation's posts.

Mutilation has been warned many times in the past for agressive behaviour, and most prominently for consistently spamming threads in inappropriate ways. This has continued desite warnings and so I have finally come to a decision that the continued behaviour is gratingly anti-social and has not improved significantly enough to warrant continuation of Mutilation's posting rights on this board.

I am sad to do this. Mu has at times been a fun and funny member of the board, but there has also been a great deal of disruption caused by the lack of forum etiquette, occasionally bordering on insensitivity, and this has eventually forced this suspension.

I have put the suspension at 365 days. I hope that over the year Mutilation will learn to communicate more effectively with other people online, and if Mu wishes to return in a year's time then I look forward to finding how this has gone.

Mata

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Dec 19 2004, 09:11 AM
Post #2

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 380

You're a better person than I am for all the chances you gave him. I would have suspended him long ago. I really do hope he learns a lesson and comes back. He's not a bad person, he just needs to cut down on the spam and learn some sensitivity.

I will miss him, but I am not sorry.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
beleraphon
post Dec 19 2004, 03:48 PM
Post #3

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,001

Well, its a sad thing to have to take such severe and drastic action, but much credit for taking a firm line and sticking by it. I;ve been on too many boards with lax or never there mods who don't take agtion against troublesome members of the community and so write a death certificae for the board as everyone else abandons it.

Basically, thanks for doing such a great policing jop in general, not just this rather sorry case in point, its why I keep coming to thses boards, they are a pleasure to be part of.

Humm, rather verbose *drinks more mulled wine*
but I'm sure you follow what I'm trying to say!

--------------------
Grass is taking over the world. Have you noticed it’s everywhere?

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Dec 19 2004, 04:27 PM
Post #4

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

Well, its sad indeed. This forum is unlike many others in that it doesn't have a problem with trolling, spamming or people being nasty. For that I am thankful. It may have been a hard decision, but you did the right thing Mata.

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 19 2004, 07:27 PM
Post #5

Thanks for your support. I rarely feel good about myself when I do this kind of thing, so your assurances are appreciated.

As Fey says, Mu wasn't a bad person at all (there have been people who have made the decision to bar them very easy in the past) but there was a constant chipping at people's tolerance for quite a while. I really do hope he has a good year and comes back refreshed with a new engaged attitude.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Dec 19 2004, 08:09 PM
Post #6

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Hmm. I didn't really know him that well. I don't feel any horrible sense of loss, but now I don't know if there's a fellow LUEser on this board. (PM me if you are one.) Ah well Mata. Gotta do what you've gotta do.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Dec 19 2004, 08:58 PM
Post #7

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

This would be a good time to point out that Mata is a lot more patient and accepting than most cats who run boards and what-not (hell, even the general populace). It's rather noble of you, Mata, to have given him so much slack in a serious attempt to encourage Mu to, as has been said, cut down on the spam and be more sensitive. You legitimately care that he would chill out. I sure as Hell couldn't do that.

You're awesome, Mata.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Black-Wings
post Dec 19 2004, 11:57 PM
Post #8

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 1,371

Can't he just make a new account and come on with an alias?

--------------------
If I die before I'm waked, allow me lord to rock out naked :b

VOTE BROTHER BLACK SHEEP.. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO...

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Dec 20 2004, 12:00 AM
Post #9

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

QUOTE (Black-Wings @ Dec 19 2004, 11:57 PM)
Can't he just make a new account and come on with an alias?

Not likely; not only are there functional ways of stopping this, but if he got around them his rather distinctive posting style would probably be noticed.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 20 2004, 12:18 AM
Post #10

I'm hoping he will respect my wishes and not try, but it is possible he could. As Commie points out, he does have quite a distinctive style which I suspect would highlight him, as well as there being some more industrial strength measures that I would then have to put in place. I've not done that at the moment because I believe he will do as I have asked, but they are there if needs arise.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 20 2004, 11:53 AM
Post #11

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

Hmm, definitely the right thing. He often put a bit of a spanner into conversations, if that makes any sense...? I hope he can come back better after the year, though. Funny guy sometimes.

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Dec 24 2004, 05:31 AM
Post #12

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Member No.: 1,469

a year seems a long time to me. as a person who has been banned from boards for "rudeness" i'm wondering did you point out what specifically was being done to irittate people.
it's just that i'm concious of how distressing it is to be excluded without knowing why.

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Dec 24 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #13

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

We've all made him well aware of exactly what he's been doing wrong. We've all told him in countless threads to stop spamming, stop hijacking, and to be more sensitive of the other posters. There probably isn't a single one of us who has been here for a while who hasn't been insulted by him or had a thread hijacked by him. I was quite insulted when Saucy made a thread telling us about her surgery and Mu spammed inappropriate and insensitively on it, told people he had been in the hospital with cancer, thereby hijacking the thread, then in later posts revealed that he didn't have cancer at all and that he had gone to the hospital for another reason completely and that he wasn't dying or anything suchlike. I'm surprised Mata didn't ban him right then and there. I certainly would have. If you have any doubts, go into his member profile and check out his posts and his threads. His signature is bigger than his average "contribution". And if you look at the full threads the posts that were particularly bad are in, I can guarantee you'll be able to find countless instances of mods and other regular forumites telling him to please stop.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Dec 24 2004, 10:14 AM
Post #14

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Member No.: 1,469

but were you specific as in when you do X it makes us feel XYandZ
or did you just say "this kind of behavior is unacceptable."
because people did that to me and kept on saying things of the like that i couldn't not know what i was doing. when obviously if i like being somewhere enough to be there every day for hours on end i'm not going to intentionally piss people of am i ?
and also i was pissed of with the fact that apparently lots of people had contacted a mod to complan but not a single one had contacted me to see why i was doing what i was doing.
and when i told said mod that i didn't meen to upset people that i'd like to stick around and to just tell me what i was doing so i could stop she just went on about "being rude" "being hurtfull" and never however many times i asked just said when you said XXXXX it was rude because XXXXXXX.

i feel that year is also over the top in that time anything could happen to anbody in his life or here.
what if this behavior is a reaction to a stress in his life or to depression or he like me could have asspurgers syndrome and could therefore consider different things offensive. you have no idea how this kind of suspention could effect his mental health and wellbeing if he is unaware of what the problem is.

i'm not tring to question the desision which i'm sure wasn't made lightly but i feel that long term suspention or banning are very serious measures to take if a person is just unintentionally ruffling feathers.

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 24 2004, 10:40 AM
Post #15

I don't believe in posting the warnings that have been given to people for others to read, I consider them a private matter, but yes DLCP, he was given very specific instructions about what he was doing wrong. Often threads were cited as examples, and other forum users had complained to him in threads directly after he had spammed them. He had been given enough warnings enough times, but it appears his style often strays towards spamming.

'Hopefully that will change in a year.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:55 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!