Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Share The Joy, Support your local library, or charity
Quoth(The Raven)
post Dec 24 2004, 03:13 AM
Post #1

Meow!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,296

This holiday season, whether you are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or observe Kwanza (Or if you just celebrate secularly...), odds are that you will be receiving gifts, if you haven't already. Many of us 'trade-up' this time of year. A new Bicycle, a new computer, A DVD of a favorite movie... this leads us to the question of what to do with the old stuff, especially if it's still in working order. Please consider donating it to a charity of your choice.

One of my favorite places is the public library. Here in the U.S., funding for local libraries is often tied to local tax revenues. This means that some counties have elaborate libraries, with the latest of everything. But small, or poor county libraries struggle, and the struggle is getting harder, with the emphasis on upgrading to multimedia resources. Computers are often donated to libraries, which means that libraries need to stretch their resources to cover books, videotapes/dvds, and audiobooks.

So, please, before disposing of a CD, audio cassette tape, Vhs/Dvd movie that is still playable, check with your local library to see if they will take donations. Books in good condition are often welcome as well. What they can't use, they often sell, to add to the kitty... Literacy needs your help to survive... Thanks! and Happy Holidays!

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 09:53 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!