IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Most Romantic Thing You Have Ever Done,, or someone has done for you, or...
froggle-rock
post Dec 30 2004, 06:33 AM
Post #1

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

... You would like to do, or you would like somone to do to/ for you?

Just wondering. Not at all trying to get inspiration for Valentines. Nooooooooo *shakes head* tongue.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Dec 30 2004, 03:13 PM
Post #2

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

Most romantic thing I've ever done?

Put the toilet seat back down after use. cool.gif

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Dec 30 2004, 06:52 PM
Post #3

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Dec 30 2004, 09:13 AM)
Most romantic thing I've ever done?

Put the toilet seat back down after use.  cool.gif

Ahh, true love...

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Dec 31 2004, 05:40 PM
Post #4

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I scattered rose petals across his kitchen counter in words declaring my undying love. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Same fellow would also get bubble baths with candles and music made up for him to enjoy. Not really a 'guy' thing but he was okay with it.

Find what he/she likes and go with it. Tickets to a concert of a band he/she likes, a dinner out, living room picnic - whatever. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Dec 31 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #5

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

My partner proposed to me on our two year anniversary.

He watched from the bedroom window to see when I arrived back from work and then waited for me. There was a note on the hall door telling me follow the path to my true desire. There was a row of roses going from the door, up the stairs and to the bedroom doorway. When I got to the room he was on one knee with a ring in his hand. blush.gif

I did manage to ruin this slightly on two counts though. Firstly, on my way up the stairs I was yelling 'If you're sat naked on that bed, there'll be trouble' (I didn't know what he was up to, did I!!). Secondly, when he did propose I laughed at him.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Dec 31 2004, 06:10 PM
Post #6

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

...I flew over 7000 miles to meet someone from Matazone...does that count?

But now me thinks she hath forsaken me for she doth not returneth my calls or text messages *sighs dramatically*

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jan 2 2005, 04:45 PM
Post #7

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Not the most romantic but I got her one of her favourite flowers for every day I didn't see her when she went away.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Jan 3 2005, 05:40 AM
Post #8

<3

Member No.: 806

After torturing Jason (new forumite *~BlueJay~*) by telling him he couldn't kiss me for an hour, I took him for a walk (the whole time he's saying "Can I kiss you now? Please?! PLEASE?!!") - I took him to the place where we shared our first kiss. And then I let him kiss me. And then we went out into the street and tangoed. It was a lot of fun. wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jan 3 2005, 04:59 PM
Post #9

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Christmas night Righteous came in on his plane. We exchanged gifts; both sentimental gifts that made eachother cry. (he wrote me some beautiful poems)

Then we went into my bedroom and just cuddled and I fell asleep to Christmas music in his arms while he was stroking my hair and kissing my forehead.

On another note after a large fight and an extremely long, frustraiting night at work I came home and Ri had made me a cake (home made with the words 'I heart you' on the top) and written me a poem.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Black-Wings
post Jan 3 2005, 05:27 PM
Post #10

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 1,371

I'm not one who has had much experience with anything romantic or stuff like that.. but this one boy, whenever I'm not feeling great or something, he'll always just hear me out and it always makes me feel so much better. He's just one of those people who will just listen. And you know, even though I really shouldn't.. hmmm.. I think I'm beginning to fancy him.. o ho blink.gif

--------------------
If I die before I'm waked, allow me lord to rock out naked :b

VOTE BROTHER BLACK SHEEP.. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO...

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jan 3 2005, 07:28 PM
Post #11

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ Jan 3 2005, 11:59 AM)
On another note after a large fight and an extremely long, frustraiting night at work I came home and Ri had made me a cake (home made with the words 'I heart you' on the top) and written me a poem.

Dang it. You beat me to the punch.

I find that home-made gifts are often recieved with most graditude. I made a didgeridoo for my little sister and she loved it. I had to make almost all of my presents this year and the folks I gave them to adored them.

Oh, poems score major sweetie points, too. And some chicks dig randomly dating in other people's livingrooms.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
saucy_tara
post Jan 3 2005, 07:29 PM
Post #12

Destructogirl...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 124

Ri your back!! I've missed ya mate!
The most romantic thing anyone's ever done for me is when my partner presented me with an engagement ring, out of the blue.
He bought us matching silver celtic bands wub.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Green Got...
post Jan 5 2005, 06:01 AM
Post #13

Only YOU can answer that question!

Member No.: 384

Does moving 3200 miles just to be with the one you love count?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jan 5 2005, 08:37 AM
Post #14

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

QUOTE (Little Green Goth @ Jan 4 2005, 10:01 PM)
Does moving 3200 miles just to be with the one you love count?

If it does, you can count me in on that one, too.

Randy called me one night, right straight out of the blue, and asked me if I wanted to move to Seattle to be with him and if I could pack all my stuff in two days because he'd found a great ticket price. I said yes and two days later I was home with him. Very very romantic, but I wish I'd had more than two days to pack. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jan 5 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #15

Shut up, noob!

I recall once plotting with a former girlfriend's mom to come over really early one morning to make breakfast. Unfortunately, her mom forgot about it and didn't have any breakfast material save eggs, bread and OJ. I also ended up making breakfast for her sister, her sister's boyfriend and their friend. My ex and her sister were still evil to me for the duration of out relationship.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dancing hamster ...
post Jan 5 2005, 04:07 PM
Post #16

Our UAV is online

Member No.: 1,304

My dad organised a trip to paris with my mum and sorted everything out with out her knowing - then on the night before he told to pack her bags and told her everything and she cried and they had a great time! plus I got the house to myself for the weekend - woo hoo !!!!

+Quote Post
Pab
post Jan 5 2005, 09:08 PM
Post #17

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

said "I do" and meant it

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Jan 6 2005, 11:19 PM
Post #18

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

The most romantic thing that ever happened to me was actually just a really simple thing. I got off my summer job and my boyfriend of the time was waiting to pick me up, he had a picnic all packed and we drove up to the lake, lit a fire, went swimming and had supper. It was so nice, it was a thursday night so the place was practically empty.

So have you gotten any good ideas from this thread? Have you decided what you're going to do for Valentines day Froggeh?

Am I the only one reading it for ideas? ph34r.gif

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jan 6 2005, 11:41 PM
Post #19

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

I am. Ideas are good.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jan 7 2005, 12:46 AM
Post #20

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Hmm, flying ain't gonna happen methinks, seeing as we live in the same city, hehe. Nor any marrige proposals (we've only been together a few months!). Already given a poem/ picture thingy. Trip abroad? Mebe not, but Southend is quite a possibility wink.gif

Cooking, sounds like a good un, we both enjoys a good meal. A picnic is always a winner, but mid Frebruary will still be quite cold. Hmm, I dunno, if it's not too nippy, mebe. Shall have to wait and see.

I really have no definate idea, although I was thinking of going to the same restuarant we ate at when we met for the first time. Or is that just boring? Mebe an exhibition or gallery? hmm that's an idea *thinks*

I'm really not the most romantic person, once got given a bunch of flowers and had it not been for my flatmate putting them in water they would have stayed on the dining table and witherd. I just didn't see the point in summit like that at the time. A herb plant I could understand, or summit practical like a life long guarenteed can opener.

But I want more inspiration, so keep 'em comming.

And thank you Jaq wink.gif *gives oreo*

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jan 9 2005, 12:26 AM
Post #21

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Today was mine and Steph's 3 month anivairsairy and she distinctivly said "no presents, cards only" so I thought I'd be more thoughtful and hand draw a card. But her card totally out did mine, it was made up of 2 A4 pages and 3 sides were covered in a collÓge of pictures of us and things I really like, was very thoughtful, and the other page was a huge blurb which makes me laugh the more I read it.

Not exactly the most romantic but certainly the most thoughtful card I've recieved. Oh and she made her own envelope out of paper tissue.

wub.gif

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jan 9 2005, 05:15 PM
Post #22

Shut up, noob!

I'm really not the most romantic person, once got given a bunch of flowers and had it not been for my flatmate putting them in water they would have stayed on the dining table and witherd. I just didn't see the point in summit like that at the time. A herb plant I could understand, or summit practical like a life long guarenteed can opener.

Damn. I wish more chicks followed that mentality. My friends and I have had to bend over backwards to do romantic crap for our girlfriends. It gets very annoying and very costly.

As for practical, I once had a chick who complained that she could never get off and that it was my fault that she was unable to climax ever. Eventually I got tired of it and bought her a vibrator. She thought I was being sweet or something, but it really was my way of saying, "Go play with yourself and leave me alone."

--------------------

+Quote Post
kisah
post Jan 12 2005, 01:18 AM
Post #23

Obsessive

Member No.: 337

I dunno what to say. I feel like I should really say something but I dunno what.

you all already know how I fell in love, how he proposed, blah blah blah. It's all incredibly romantic... Somehow I feel like the every day stuff is way more romantic. 'Honey, do you have your keys?', 'have a fantastic day', 'I really missed you', and 'here, you can have the only wireless controller for the x-box' are some of my favorites.

--------------------
_colors and witty words and sirens with bells and lights that make my posts look unique like everyone elses!_
Sorry, the Retro Grouch stole my inspiration...

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jan 12 2005, 04:09 AM
Post #24

Shut up, noob!

Yeah, the daily grind is always nice and sweet, especially when you and your belovÚd live far away from eachother. All-of-a-sudden, letting your girlfriend have the rest of the soda or getting up to hand her the remote when she's closer to it are somehow heartfelt.

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jan 13 2005, 05:08 PM
Post #25

omno-ahhhhhhh!

QUOTE (Righteous @ Jan 9 2005, 05:15 PM)
Damn. I wish more chicks followed that mentality.

*thinks* I'm pretty sure I've never chirped Ri tongue.gif

I'm, not saying that flowers and cocolates aren't romantic, it's just that it depends on how the person recieving them will feel. And to me it's the thought rather than the gift that is romantic.

QUOTE (kisah @ Jan 12 2005, 01:18 AM)
have the only wireless controller for the x-box'

Aw, that is pretty darn romantic! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 11:53 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!