IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weird
depressed lonely...
post Dec 31 2004, 08:54 AM
Post #1

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,469

earlier today i felt so hopefull like i could be somthing and get somwhere. be part of a comunity. now i'm back to hopeless

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beleraphon
post Dec 31 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #2

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,001

You seriously need to lighten up, it is never that bad.

Got to the kitchen, get a cup, fill it with water, drink it.

You are several million times more fortunate than thousands of people across the world who cannot do that, they do not have and may never have safe, clean drinking water.

Start counting your blessings and stop being so negative you are making things worse for yourself.

--------------------
Grass is taking over the world. Have you noticed it’s everywhere?

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Dec 31 2004, 01:14 PM
Post #3

You seriously need to lighten up, it is never that bad.

Got to the kitchen, get a cup, fill it with water, drink it.

You are several million times more fortunate than thousands of people across the world who cannot do that, they do not have and may never have safe, clean drinking water.

Start counting your blessings and stop being so negative you are making things worse for yourself.

this is a noble theory indeed but doesn't help much.
anyway i've assesed that it was just my mothers ranting that made me feel so emotional.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Dec 31 2004, 02:56 PM
Post #4

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

Its easy to get so emotional.

Its also easy to tell yourself you'll go get that glass of water, in a couple of minutes, when you've added a few more posts around the board. Then its just as easy to say you'll get that glass of water for dinner, and then not do that either.

We all do it- every day. But if you want to stop lementing over silly things, get up and do something about it. If you're convinced its your mothers ranting, then either share your own views with her, or if its a case where she's trying to make you feel bad, just dont let her.

It sounds easy.... I know its not quite so easy, but as long as you push yourself and believe in yourself you'll get it done

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Dec 31 2004, 04:58 PM
Post #5

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

Like I said hon, be Zen. Whenever you notice she's making you feel like crap just stop, take a deep breath, hold it for a sec, then let it out and relax. Take one step back from what she's saying, look at it, and figure out whether it's really about you, or if she's just ranting at you. If it's about you, figure out what you can do to fix it. If it's not about you, relax some more.

And actually, you should feel proud that your mother thinks you're mature enough for her to rant at. Once she starts ranting at you about her problems it's pretty much an open invitation for you to give her suggestions to fix it. She may not conciously realize that she's asking you for help, but she is. My advice to you is to feel proud, relax, and give your mum a big hug next time she starts up.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Dec 31 2004, 05:02 PM
Post #6

it's hard to ignore a day of constant agrivation. when everytime she enters a room she screams about what i'm not doing that i should or i am doing wrong.
she isn't into being touched either. i tryed to hug her a few years back and she went all stiff. which is good cos it got me to stop doing the same thing to people

--------------------

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Dec 31 2004, 05:13 PM
Post #7

I know it's hard to ignore agrivation like that, but it is possible. Trust me, it becomes easier with practice. And hug her anyway. Just once. It'll make you feel better. Ignore her going stiff, give her a squeeze, tell her you love her and that if she dies tomorrow you really don't want to remember her as a constant agrivation. Then just walk away and go do something time consuming while she chews over it. I did that with my grandparents once and it worked for a whole month. It gave me just enough time to figure out how to meditate.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Dec 31 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #8

i really am emotionally nuts. i go weeks not feeling much and i'm not great with reading other peoples emotions.last night i started feeling again it could be a part of this. being all sleep deprived.
i had a really quite crappy dream in which my friend hugh who i've mentioned here was dead and nobody cared. his mum just got stoned ,his sister and her boyfriend showed up and spent the whole time groping and his dad couldn't be bothered coming home from south america. i doubt him family would be this calouse but the dram upset me none the less cos i took a second to reallise it had been a dream

--------------------

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Dec 31 2004, 05:34 PM
Post #9

::huggle::
I know dreams like that can be really disturbing. But they are helpful. They help you work through problems and situations before they really happen. But anyway, that's not what we're talking about...

I had problems with not feeling things when I was younger, too. The reason I had it happen was because I was depressed and because I was repressing my loneliness and unhappiness to function in the world. Unfortunately, blocking one emotion usually ends up with you blocking all emotions.

As freaky as it may sound, meditation is really really good for fixing things inside like this. Medication works, too, and herbals like St. John's Wort, but meditation is cheaper, and in the case of medication, healthier. Have you ever heard any music by Enya? She's one of my favorites to meditate to. I just pop in a CD of her into my CD player, pop on the headphones, find a comfey, quiet place, and just relax. That's all meditation is, really. Relaxing and looking at yourself. And Enya's music is good for relaxation, even if you're not trying to meditate.

If you learn some things to help you relax, I bet you'll feel a lot better. Stress can affect every part of your body, and you might not even notice it at first. I lost my entire immune system because I couldn't relax enough.

--------------------

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Dec 31 2004, 05:50 PM
Post #10

thanks Fey you're good to talk to and have some good sugestions i didn't know stress could affect one's body like that. i do know enya's music i have a tape somwhere but weird as it may sound i actually find pacing to normal music very theraputic because i play it loud enough that i don't hear people outside my room. also i talk out situations with myself.
i'm not usually so thingy like this just my mums been a bit hard to take the week or so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Dec 31 2004, 06:28 PM
Post #11

Whatever works for you! Seriously, doing anything proactive about this will make you feel tons better, whether it works all that much or not. If pacing works, it's good exercise! And talking to yourself to work things out isn't all that bad, so long as someone doesn't start answering you back! laugh.gif

Here's a good meditation site. It explains things nicely in-depth. The internet has lots of good pages that you could find helpful, also. Just be careful. If something looks like it's talking nonsense, it probably is. And anything that suggests meditation through pain (beyond explaining what it is and who it's practiced by) should be avoided. I honestly can't see how you can fix yourself mentally and emotionally by hurting yourself physically...

--------------------

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Jan 1 2005, 02:57 AM
Post #12

today is more of the same stuff and i had two really creapy dreams to boot.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 12:30 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!