IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skipping+happiness, When was your last time?
Misty Rain
post Jan 5 2005, 04:06 PM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,525

This afternoon I parked in a side street in Bristol.
While I was sorting out my stuff a young woman came round the corner.
There were no other people in view in the street and she did not notice that one of the parked cars was occupied by me.

She had corn gold hair and the smile on her face could only be described as beatific.
The strange thing was she began to skip, all along this seedy street that she was lighting up she was skipping!

She looked 12 to me so I guess she was about 20.
She must have been 17+ because she drove off in a driving school car with an old guy.

She radiated such happiness that she looked like an angel off a classy Xmas card
She only needed the wings.

The only other person I have seen skipping along is my grandaughter aged 5 (and three quarters)

The sad thing is though that such happiness is so unusual that I should it worthy of comment.

But when did you last feel that happy

Misty Rain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jan 5 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #2

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

I tried to get the people I spent New Years with to skip along the street with me. They thogh I was being silly. I love it!

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jan 5 2005, 10:25 PM
Post #3

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Me, my sister, my dad, his partner, my best mate, her boyfriend, his parents, four other mates and two kids once all linked arms in the middle of the day and skipped around the Mall in Essex (Lakeside?).

'Twas much fun. We went down the escalator like that too.

Everyone was sober. laugh.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jan 5 2005, 10:58 PM
Post #4

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

Hmmm Smiler for a reason wink.gif I like to see the upper side but most definately while I was on travelling last year. Under a lagoon's waterfall with a breathtaking view of the jungle sharing a joke with the people I'd been with that month travelling about. Memory always makes me smile smile.gif

Also memorable, a few months ago me and some mates stepped out of a Metal night in Richmond and the Cabbie (proper Black Cab) was flying down the road blaring out Whitesnake from Richmond to Brixton. Funny funny warm happy feeling biggrin.gif

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Black-Wings
post Jan 6 2005, 04:50 PM
Post #5

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 1,371

Oooo I love skipping! Sometimes I just do it without realising but then I get funny looks from people...

[QUOTE]Also memorable, a few months ago me and some mates stepped out of a Metal night in Richmond and the Cabbie (proper Black Cab) was flying down the road blaring out Whitesnake from Richmond to Brixton. Funny funny warm happy feeling [QUOTE]

oooo I live like next to Richmond! Yay! smile.gif

--------------------
If I die before I'm waked, allow me lord to rock out naked :b

VOTE BROTHER BLACK SHEEP.. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO...

+Quote Post
exceptional1709
post Jan 6 2005, 05:29 PM
Post #6

Incapable of normal thought

Member No.: 1,344

I skipped without realising into assembly at school yesterday... I wasn't actually happy, just skipping! It was a bit embarrassing!

--------------------
Official Beanbag-monger for TRIBE WYVERN (Visit us here!)
VOTE MR SB FOR FAVOURITE ANIMATION! (Go here to vote!)
--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--
Proud owner of a Violet Scuttler from the Tribe Wyvern lab. Not for rental or resale.
Mata loves us, this we know. Because the forums tell us so. All our souls to him belong. We are weak but he is strong
Always read the small print. You never know what it might say. You're leaving your brain open to subliminal messages. Being paranoid is good.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jan 6 2005, 05:32 PM
Post #7

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Truly happy? When I was with Ri.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Asenyth
post Jan 6 2005, 10:24 PM
Post #8

squeek.

Member No.: 1,427

I love skipping. I always skip when I am grocery shopping or bored or there is a long space ahead of me. I think that the skipping itself cheers me up. *skips away* happy.gif

--------------------
I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does. - The Smiths

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 06:52 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!