Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Stroke Of Luck, Somebody likes us
spiffilicious05
post Jan 6 2005, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Empowe(red)

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 614

Okay, so Righteous, Dreams on Hiatus, her boyfriend, my friend Jenn, her boy friend Corey, and I were all crammed into my car the other night for a tripple date.

Why do double - tripple's more fun! laugh.gif

Anyways, we went for a tango lesson (loads of fun) - but had gotten lost along the way. Then we went to dinner, which was awesome we through fries at eachother and had a fight about whether cheesecake is a dessert or not. Then we got in the car and I was going to take Corey home first. Well, to get to Corey's house we have to get onto a highway called 481. The problem is at some point in time 481 splits into 481 north and 481 south. We wanted to take the north one but missed the exit without realizing it.

About an hour and a half later we saw signs for Binghamton which is near the southern border to NY and northern for PA. Opps. We got back on to 481 north and made a biiiiiig circle. The whole enitre time I was doing 90 to make up for lost time and just hey because I could -there was no one on the road and it was a nice night.

Anyways, just before the exit we need to get off of for Corey's house my car started to shake. We pulled over and checked it out, there didn't seem to be anything wrong so maybe it was just the road. I get back up to 65 this time, being cautions because of what happened and the car starts to shake even worse. I put my flashers on and slow down to 40 MPH.

By the time we got to the main road leading to his house my steering wheel was pulling back and forth violently and I was having a hard time keeping control of the car. At this point I was doing 15 miles an hour with Corey rubbing my arm from the back seat saying:

You're doing a good job, just don't stop here, thirty people have died here.

Righteous was freaking out. And my friend Jenn's contact had somehow rolled into the back of her eye and couldn't get it out. This all now seems rather funny when I think about it.

We finally get to Corey's house (mind you I had to use the bathroom since we found out we had headed an hour and a half south of where we should be) and they check out my car.
The guys get out and push my car to the side of the driveway at this time because I couldn't turn it very well.

We then go in and get Corey's dad to check out the car, Righteous takes off the hubcaps to look at the lug nuts (instructions from Mr. Corey). One lug nut was missing and two had just fallen off. If the last one had gone we could have gone spiraling off of the highway to our deaths.

To make a long story short ----- man someone up there must really like us. laugh.gif

Sorry, I read something about posting happier things and I find this whole evening rather lucky considering six lives were spared and we all officially knew how to tango. tongue.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jan 6 2005, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

Glad you're all ok.
But dudes! Good stuff with the tango-ing!! Is it easy? laugh.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jan 6 2005, 05:21 PM
Post #3

Empowe(red)

It's kinda hard at first but once you get it, it's a lot of fun. The step can even be used to more modern music if you don't happen to have any argentine tango music lying around. We only learned the basic step though - hopefully we can go again some time!! It's such a pretty dance and if you really like the partner you're with it can become a very upclose and personal dance as well. laugh.gif

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
exceptional1709
post Jan 6 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #4

Incapable of normal thought

Member No.: 1,344

That's scary! The car- AND the tango... *shudders at the thought of dancing*

--------------------
Official Beanbag-monger for TRIBE WYVERN (Visit us here!)
VOTE MR SB FOR FAVOURITE ANIMATION! (Go here to vote!)
--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--
Proud owner of a Violet Scuttler from the Tribe Wyvern lab. Not for rental or resale.
Mata loves us, this we know. Because the forums tell us so. All our souls to him belong. We are weak but he is strong
Always read the small print. You never know what it might say. You're leaving your brain open to subliminal messages. Being paranoid is good.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jan 6 2005, 05:30 PM
Post #5

Empowe(red)

Aw but it's fun!! *grabs rose and places it in teeth*

*hispanic accent*
come and a join me in ze art of dance!!

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jan 6 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #6

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Corey's dad asked me if the lug nuts were loose. Corey and I went to check it out and it turns out that the LUG NUTS WEREN'T SCREWED ON ALL THE WAY! Apparently, when the guy went to Sear's Tire College, he was sick on LUG NUT DAY! Thankfully, the car place fixed the wheels, though they never admitted being at fault. The car also needs a new CV shaft (baby, talk to your dad about that) and that contributed to the shakiness. Oh, well. Spiffy did good and we're proud of her.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Jan 6 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #7

<3

Member No.: 806

That was kinda scary. But the tangoing was fun. Jason and I did a good job. biggrin.gif

I am so thankful that we were all okay, though. <sigh of relief>

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Asenyth
post Jan 6 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #8

squeek.

Member No.: 1,427

Wow, you guys are all REALLY lucky. It is amazing you made it ANYWHERE. Especially down a highway doing 90 with loose lug nuts. As my dad always told me, when you have someone do something to your car whether it be an oil change, new belts, flat tires, ect. ALWAYS look over what the person did. It's kinda like expecting a Big Mac at McDonald's to not be messy, they're only making minimum wage and it is tough work. I am so glad you are all okay though, so very glad. AND DON'T YOU GO ANYWHERE IF YOUR CAR IS WOBBLY BECAUSE WE DON'T NEED TO LOSE ANY NIFTY PEOPLE LIKE YOU GUYS. Okay? Please? *hugs* Be safe guys.

--------------------
I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does. - The Smiths

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jan 6 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #9

Empowe(red)

We'll be safe:)

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 02:11 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!