IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feeling Really Low, Why does my job hate me?
Faerieryn
post Jan 12 2005, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

OK I am feeling extremely low at the minute. I spent most of yesterday planning lessons for observations that didn't happen. I then had a parents evening until 8 o clock. I then went home at sat until nearly eleven writing MORE lesson plans for observations.

I cam in early this morning to get things organised, shouted at my form so that they would sit in silence while I prepared my first lesson on my electronic white board and then taught my lesson which was finally observered.

Ithought the lesson went pretty well considering the class was low ability and usually won't tay seated for a whole hour let alone write (which they did). When the lesson was over the observer came over and asked me how I thought it went. I answered not badly. She then proceeded to tell me that we needed to schedule some proper time to feedback as there were some real problems with pupils being on task etc.

I now feel really shit (sorry mods only word for it). I worked so hard and I still didn't get it right. I didn't hear one word of this was alright but this wasn't from my observer and I just want to cry, but I still have two more lessons to teach.

I just really need a hug

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jan 12 2005, 01:24 PM
Post #2

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

Aww. *big hugs*

I hope things go much better next time.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jan 12 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #3

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

*hug*

I don't know if this will help or not but I'm in mostly advanced classes, and in those people tend to do their work without being told. However, I am in one acedemic class (which has lower standards). In those the kids are normally offtask and won't listen to the lesson unless it is interactive. Just incase you haven't tried it before pick things with bright colors, or find a way to interact with your form (try a jepordy game with the facts). This may seem childish to some but for those who simply won't pay attention it might catch their eye.

Anyways, I'm sorry that you had a bad day *hugs a lot*

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Jan 12 2005, 05:18 PM
Post #4

<3

Member No.: 806

Aw I am sorry you had a bad day. <hugs> Hopefully things will be better next time. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Jan 13 2005, 09:37 AM
Post #5

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

Aww, I know what you mean. I hate it when I have observations. Don't the observers know that sometimes you just can't contol all the kids? You either let them go a little bit and actually teach the lesson and get them involved, or you spend all of the class time shouting at them, making them sit still and getting nothing done. And who wants an observer to see you shouting at your kids?

Also lesson plans suck. They are evil and smarmy and necessary but they still suck and I hate writing them.

*big hugs* Things will get better. Just think nice thoughts. Like well behaved, intelligent, eager students and observers who get caught in 12 hour traffic jams. Mmmmm... jam.... I bet you did do alot of things right, the observer is just a critical pessimist who wants to bring everyone down and doesn't realize that teachers and not just students need encouragement too. Worst kind of critic in my opinion.

With some of my students who have behviour problems (they're not evil or wanting to make me mad, which is a relief, they just either can't sit still or they get bored easily and drift off in their heads) I'll give them active roles in the class. Some things include taking attendence, writing the other student's names on the board (I give out stickers and points for good work and it's kept track of on the board), reading outloud to the class, or letting them write notes on the board for other kids to copy. I don't know how old your students are, and it might not work for kids older than fourth or fifth grade but even with my older students I try to keep their attention by asking them alot of questions and having them repeat after me.

Anyways, those are just some of the things that I do to try and keep my kid's attention. Hopefully those work for you too...

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
saucy_tara
post Jan 13 2005, 09:48 AM
Post #6

Destructogirl...

Member No.: 124

Oh Ryn, biiiig hugs for ya honey, I hope things sort out for you soon babe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Jan 13 2005, 05:48 PM
Post #7

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

Oh, poor you. Now I feel mean for laughing at my teachers...

I don't think that you ought to worry too much though because, I mean, you're the teacher, you rule the class, you are in charge. Also, can't making lesson plans be really fun? I mean, call me a freak, but I've always had a day dream about becoming a teacher and making really cool lesson plans.... oh well.

Have a hug!

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Jan 13 2005, 08:40 PM
Post #8

PLanning lessons is really fun. Having really cool lessons being shat on by ignorant little 15 year olds (no offense to anyone of that age here. I too was once 15) is not fun. The thing that really annoys me about this particular lesson wasn't the fact that it went badly its the fact that I thought it went really well but it didn't according to my observer. I got the notes back and I was down graded for letting them out 2 minutes late for one thing and I think its a bloody miracle that the kids were sitting still but that doesn't seem to count for much

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jan 14 2005, 11:48 AM
Post #9

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Is it the case, Ryn, that the assesor was measuring your lesson against national standards, not 'low ability and usually won't tay seated for a whole hour' type standards?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Jan 14 2005, 12:39 PM
Post #10

Oh I know that I was assessed rightly I just felt really cruddy after it that's all.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 03:46 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!