Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Life Or Death?, which do you choose?
Demon
post Jan 22 2005, 07:10 AM
Post #1

More proficient guppy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,609

i am sorry if you have already had this post but i am new here so i am typeing my mind. i just wanted to know.

I rather die than live cuz i have nothing to live for and why live for 90 years and have nothing to live for? I would rather get it over now than later.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
believe
post Jan 22 2005, 08:35 AM
Post #2

the token conservative

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,594

Why is it you think you have nothing to live for?

--------------------
Mr.Teapot is my e-daddy, Jaq is my e-sister and Vic is my e-husband! syuu is our e-daughter.

Pit Bulls & BSL Urban Legends Fight BSL

We must always fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.
- The Boondock Saints

Ange is the devil on my shoulder.

+Quote Post
lar_di_dar
post Jan 22 2005, 01:05 PM
Post #3

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,526

i choose life, i know ill die someday and thats what keeps me going, sooner or later its gonna happen eventually. so while im waiting ill just chill out and have some fun

--------------------
If you marry your sister are you your own kids uncle?

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jan 22 2005, 04:27 PM
Post #4

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

If you mean living forever on earth or being able to die, I would choose death. First off, I'm a Christian and would like to go to Heaven. Second, I think life would get rather dull after a while. Hell, I'm just shy of twenty and life is already rather dull. So yeah, between living forever or dying, I'd choose dying.

If you mean living or dying right now, I'm living. I want to die someday, not right now. I have a girlfriend, an eventual career on the horizon, friends, family and other good things going my way.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
saucy_tara
post Jan 22 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #5

Destructogirl...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 124

Moving to Personal Concerns.
Welcome Demon, Have a look at the helpful phone numbers pinned in the Personal Concerns forum. You may find one thats relevant to you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jan 22 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #6

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Life.

Duh!! blink.gif

/So spammy I'm almost embarassed!

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Jan 23 2005, 12:14 AM
Post #7

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

Life

*spams unashamedly*

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
TehRoxxorCOD
post Jan 23 2005, 12:41 AM
Post #8

Inside Your Mind

Member No.: 1,251

Life....

If you choose life you get both, so from a quantitative point of view you'd be awfully stupid to choose death.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Novander
post Jan 23 2005, 12:57 AM
Post #9

Take apart your head

Member No.: 1,599

I choose life.

I'm quite a morbid person. I think about death quite a lot (thats Death in general, not suicide, don't worry). Dying scares me. Death doesnt. Life does.

But I'd still choose it. Without life we're nothing. Feelings are great. Even the bad ones. They just make the good ones seem better. But nothingness is just empty. I don't want to be empty.

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jan 23 2005, 12:59 AM
Post #10

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Life but I'd quite like to experience Death and get pulled out of it. Just the nothingness is strangely intreging.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Forever Unknown
post Jan 23 2005, 01:51 AM
Post #11

Microwave your children

Member No.: 1,164

I've no fear of death at all - just because I've no idea what it'll be. So, right now, I think that just living and having a wicked time - no matter of what that may be - is important.

Dying scares me. Death doesnt. Life does.

I think that's a good way of putting it, and completely agree.

I'm terrified of aging, getting old, the fragility and losing a sense of independance. I'm also scared of where I'll be in 5, 10 years time. But I know I'll be in a completely different place, and that's kind of exciting, too. But being dead - I don't see the point of wanting, not-wanting, or fearing something I don't know. Just enjoy the here and now.

--------------------
Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All bastard.

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jan 23 2005, 02:08 AM
Post #12

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

I'd prety much choose life every time unless I was beyond seriously ill. Life always gets better eventually and on closer self inspection, one normally finds that the whole suicide deal isn't worth it. All is transitory. And as much as I hate the Schadenfreude root, you can always make sure that someone has it worse.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Mr_Misanthropy
post Feb 5 2005, 05:24 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,627

I'll take life.
Existence to me, is a job. We exist to give meaning to existence.
Death is the reward for serving our purpose.
I'm not suicidal, but I will greet death with open arms, and be buried with a smile on my face.

--------------------
"Do unto others as they have done unto you"
-Creed of the Cynics

+Quote Post
otherside
post Feb 6 2005, 10:04 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 1,628

QUOTE (Demon @ Jan 21 2005, 11:10 PM)
i am sorry if you have already had this post but i am new here so i am typeing my mind. i just wanted to know.

I rather die than live cuz i have nothing to live for and why live for 90 years and have nothing to live for? I would rather get it over now than later.

It's best to get it over with. Like a bandaid. Straight off

--------------------
we need to irrigate the wound

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Feb 6 2005, 11:34 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (otherside @ Feb 6 2005, 11:04 AM)

Suicide is not something to encourage.

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
otherside
post Feb 6 2005, 01:00 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 1,628

QUOTE (little_bear @ Feb 6 2005, 03:34 AM)

quit moaning and do it. that's my philosophy. if you want to live, live. if you want to die, die. dry.gif

--------------------
we need to irrigate the wound

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Feb 6 2005, 01:49 PM
Post #17

Every night in A&E, (or the American equivalent), doctors and nurses get at least one suicide 'gone wrong'. Normally overdoses. The person realises that they don't want to die, and so go to hospital.

What I'm trying to say is what someone may say they want, and what they truly want are two completely seperate things.

Oh, and have some capital letters.

A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Novander
post Feb 6 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #18

Take apart your head

Member No.: 1,599

QUOTE (little_bear @ Feb 6 2005, 01:49 PM)
Oh, and have some capital letters.

A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z.

But please try not to use them all at once.

I'm all for euthanasia in certain circumstances, but not suicide. Telling someone to quite moaning is an incredibly irresponsible attitude to take. I know I'm not qualified to talk to people feeling suicidal, and I know for sure that you're not, but most of these people probably just need someone to talk to, a friendly ear, if you will. The least you can do is point them in the right direction.

Dude, just because this is the internet doesn't mean these aren't real people.

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Feb 6 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #19

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

QUOTE (otherside @ Feb 6 2005, 05:00 AM)
QUOTE (little_bear @ Feb 6 2005, 03:34 AM)

quit moaning and do it. that's my philosophy. if you want to live, live. if you want to die, die. dry.gif

And how would you feel if someone close to you, say, your mother or best friend decided they wanted to die? Would you encourage them to get it over with like a bandaid? Or would you try to find out what's making them feel that way and try to help?

Since you seem to be new to the forums, you might want to check out this link. Quite valuable information and it might help you keep from being banned.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Feb 6 2005, 04:01 PM
Post #20

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I would choose life because I have a dream, and even if that dream never comes true, at least I can dream. Sometimes I wish I would just faint for a while, but I don't consider suicide. I mean, I want to die some day, but not now, I have a life ahead of me and I want to make the most of it.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Feb 7 2005, 12:11 AM
Post #21

You know what, otherside? I don't endorse suicide at all. I don't tolerate it, but even I'm not that cold. I think that suicide is a clichè, sure, but that would never EVER mean me telling someone to kill themselves. Understood? If you're going to try to crusade against teen angst, more power to you, but if you're going to be a complete and utter piece about the whole deal, then I'd just assume see you dead. I've had friends attempt it, I've known people who've succeeded and that's and that is why I don't condone it and even moreso why why one CANNOT under ANY circumstances encourage suicide.

Now, please rethink your position and come back when you've grown a bloody heart.

--------------------
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Feb 7 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #22

Okay, that was a bit harsh. I'm sorry, but this is one of my (and many members on this board, even though it was before my time)'s sensitive subject. Suicide isn't cool, but hey even Scrooge changed (he qas quoted as "If they'd rather die then they'd better do it and decrease the surplus population" for those not up on their Dickens) and I don't doubt that you can too. Hell, I did.

--------------------
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 7 2005, 01:43 AM
Post #23

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It's been said so many times now that it's almost a stereotype, but I choose life too.

Why? Now there's a more tricky question.

Back when I was in my teens I chose life because I didn't want to make the people who cared about me suffer. Just because I felt hollow inside it didn't mean that they did too.

These days, the same reason is there, but I've also grown to appreciate the enjoyment that can be had from life. I still don't know the meaning of it all beyond being nice to people and having fun, but by accepting that I've found that I can appreciate the sublime beauty that surrounds me every day of my life. I only need to look out the window to see that the world really is bloody amazing... Just the fact that it all works, the earth keeps spinning, the stars keep moving around their arm of thei galaxy... It's truly incredible.

You don't have to know the meaning of life to get pleasure from it. Sometimes even being depressed about things can be a pleasure in itself. There's nothing better than a good fug to get things off of your chest, but there is a hell of a lot that I would have been sad to have missed if I hadn't made the choices that I did when I was younger.

.. All of which probably means nothing to you. So, on the off chance that my words might mean anything, stick with life for a few more years. You're sixteen now, so see life into your twenties and then make your choice. If you're an adult and make the choice then that's one thing, but stopping life when it's only just getting going is something else altogether.

I had a very good friend on these forums who killed himself at your age. Within a year his favourite band that had split ten years before had reformed and were playing gigs. I know for a fact that he would have been really pissed off to have missed that. I loved the guy loads, but I still happily call him an idiot for the choice he made.

I guess that's my point really. I like the surprises in life, and I don't want to miss out on what happens next: the US president is an idiot, so how will he handle his second term? My favourite band haven't released anything for six years, so what will their next bit of music be like? A couple of my friends are pregnant, so what will their kids be like? How will they grow up? Will I be any influence on them, or will I just be that strange tall bloke who juggles fruit? ... There's loads more things that I can't wait to find out about.

I think feeling suicidal for me just came from my curiosity about death being greater than my curiosity about life. These days I know which side of the balance is more heavily weighed. My logic runs like this:

This might be my only shot at being alive.

I will die in the end no matter what I do.

I don't know what will happen after my death. I have ideas, but I don't know for sure.

Therefore I might as well have fun with life while I've got it and tackle death when it comes of its own accord.

Yes death might happen when I'm old, grey, and welcoming it, but that will be its time. In the past I didn't much care either way, but now I suspect I'm going to die kicking for life with all my worth. This planet has too many opportunities to go and waste life.

So I choose life. If nothing here makes any difference to you then try having a look through the numbers thread at the top of this section and giving one a call. As stupid as it sounds, sometimes it's good to talk to someone who knows nothing about you.

That's it. No great insight into the world, just a suggestion to keep going for another few years to see if your curiosity kicks in. I know mine did, and maybe yours will too. It's what keeps me going.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Feb 7 2005, 02:00 AM
Post #24

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

Life.

Though I wouldn't have only a few months ago. I came quite close to ending it all, but I didn't.

You want to know why? Because I did find something to live for- I found a friend who loved me until I loved myself.

But that was only the beginning. I ask you, is there nothing you would miss if you weren't around? A beautiful sunset? The way the colors of the leaves change in fall? Snow gently blanketing outside? A bird calling to its mate and the mate responding? Your favorite food? Your pets? Your crazy teacher's stories? Your mother's perfume? Would you miss any of the little things that make life so special to live?

So you see, you really have lots of things to live for, you just need to look around and see them.

And if you need any advice/support/ anything at all, just PM me and I'll do all I can for you.

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Feb 7 2005, 05:34 AM
Post #25

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

Sometimes I wonder why I hang on, but I do... Suicide should only be used if pain becomes intolerable... 99 and 99/100s of suicides are not about leaving a painful life... most suicide attempts are cries for help or attention. To kill yourself rather than find help is a waste, at best... Hang in there...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 01:22 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!