IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Apologies, Arthur thanks you, and I thank you...
Quoth(The Raven)
post Jan 23 2005, 01:54 AM
Post #1

Meow!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,296

I want to apologise to everyone, and Cheese Moose in particular, for flying off the handle. I was upset, but should have held my tongue until sanity prevailed, again.
I realise, now, that Cheese Moose meant no harm, and was surprised by the response he got. Sorry, Cheese.

I love kibbitzing on the forum, and love it when someone picks up on what I'm doing. I really love it when they join in. Great validation, when you can get it. But, with so many people in the forum, getting attention is hit or miss, at best. But to the best of my knowledge, no one has actually objected. When I thought someone had, it was the straw that broke the camel's back...

And, there were other circumstances, that made me a bit sensitive, to begin with. I won't go into them... suffice it to say, I've been feeling a bit unappreciated, and unloved, lately. And, When I'm feeling down, I create. It's how I cope.

I think it was the term, "Spamming" that really set me off. To me, Spam is something worthless masquerading as something useful, something irritating masquerading as something Welcome. In short, not only something no one could love, but an imposter, as well. I hate Spam, and spamming, and in the context of the forums, it's one of the worst things you can say about another member... That's how I feel, anyway...

Anyway, I feel embarrased that you all had to witness my little meltdown, and profusely apologise... and I thank all of you who PM'd with words of wisdom, and support. Thanks.

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Jan 23 2005, 03:13 AM
Post #2

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

...oh dear, now I'm comfused.... I defentaily missed something.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Jan 23 2005, 09:05 AM
Post #3

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

After talking to Quoth over PM, I have returned to write this. I would just like to say that Quoth is not the reason I have left. There were other RL issues which I don't really want to go into now.

Bye Guys

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Jan 23 2005, 05:07 PM
Post #4

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

Wha....

Me confuzled. blink.gif

Is this something to do with all those posts in 'Introductions'.

Buh?

Oh and:

I think it was the term, "Spamming" that really set me off. To me, Spam is something worthless masquerading as something useful, something irritating masquerading as something Welcome. In short, not only something no one could love, but an imposter, as well. I hate Spam, and spamming, and in the context of the forums, it's one of the worst things you can say about another member... That's how I feel, anyway.

I dunno about that. Calling someone a 'troll' would perhaps be worse. There are different types of spam in my eyes. For example, I consider the entire of the 'Daft' folder to be nothing more than spam, since many of the games within it would be banned on other forums on account of being labelled Spam.

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Jan 31 2005, 04:14 AM
Post #5

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

QUOTE (little_bear @ Jan 23 2005, 01:07 PM)
Wha....

Me confuzled. blink.gif

Is this something to do with all those posts in 'Introductions'.

Buh?

Oh and:

I think it was the term, "Spamming" that really set me off. To me, Spam is something worthless masquerading as something useful, something irritating masquerading as something Welcome. In short, not only something no one could love, but an imposter, as well. I hate Spam, and spamming, and in the context of the forums, it's one of the worst things you can say about another member... That's how I feel, anyway.

I dunno about that. Calling someone a 'troll' would perhaps be worse. There are different types of spam in my eyes. For example, I consider the entire of the 'Daft' folder to be nothing more than spam, since many of the games within it would be banned on other forums on account of being labelled Spam.

Heck, by that definition, most of what I've done in these forums qualifies as Spam... wow, now I'm confused... laugh.gif

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Jan 31 2005, 10:49 AM
Post #6

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

Yeah, I guess it applies to me too. blush.gif

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 05:36 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!