2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm New!
Sapphire_Sea
post Feb 4 2005, 05:24 AM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,625

Ergh, I can't stand introducing myself. Anyways, I'm new. I've actually been reading this board regularly for a while now, and I thought that it was time I started participating. happy.gif

I don't want to make this a big long post, but here are some random facts about me. I go to college in Maine, and I'm an English major. I like to read - my favorite author is Anne Rice (specifically, her Vampire Chronicles series). I enjoy writing too, but I haven't been doing much of that lately. I am minus inspiration right now, I guess. My favorite food is cheese pizza with no crust, and I drink about a pot and a half of coffee a day, if no one stops me. I've been watching the animations for a long time.

Um...yes. I guess maybe that's a good introduction. I hope I made a good first impression! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Feb 4 2005, 05:47 AM
Post #2

o_O

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,229

Yay! I'm the first one here!

Hello, I'm Ange. Welcome to Matazone, where there's no shortage on weirdness.

*hands gaming console of your choice and a grande steaming coffee (any flavor)*

Have fun posting, and rememeber: Weird is good. Always.

Oh, before I forget

*hands a large fire and explosion proof suit*

Believe me, you'll need it. happy.gif

Happy Posting!

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Feb 4 2005, 06:05 AM
Post #3

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

Hi. Beware of Caths bearing gifts. Beware of Caths not bearing gifts. Oh, hell. Just beware of Cath... laugh.gif

Seriously, though, if you've been reading awhile, then you know about some of our little welcoming rituals... Beware! laugh.gif

I'd introduce you to my friend, Arthur the Pendragon, and his friend, Gwen, the winged cat... But Arthur is still recovering from an allergic reaction to a chocolate chip cookie, and Gwen is Moping about, until he's well... If you hear a sneeze, duck and cover... strange things have been known to happen when he sneezes...

Have fun...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Sapphire_Sea
post Feb 4 2005, 06:23 AM
Post #4

Yaaay! Coffee, coffee, coffee!! *downs the coffee and sits down to play Old-School Nintendo* I feel so at home! biggrin.gif Yeah, weirdness is my friend. I just wanted everyone to have background info on me before I broke out the candy canes and moonboots. Here, have a candy cane. *Hands it over and hops away*

I think this fire/explosion-proof suit looks pretty good on me.

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Feb 4 2005, 06:31 AM
Post #5

Meow!

Oh, and I love your Avatar...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
El Nino
post Feb 4 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #6

I pull the wings off god

Member No.: 1,340

People say that third time's the charm, so here goes nothing

*fires instant DNA resequencer at Sapphire sea & the suit melts into a puddle*

Aaah, missed. But still needs more work

Welcome.

--------------------
Please try to remember, when reading my posts, that I've probably not watched the same films & tv shows as you. I try not to watch music vids & I've also probably not even heard about them from other people. Man to woman "If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong!"/She's all lips & hips, she knows how to use them to make you flip//Liquor store & gun store, next to one another, with only one purpose, so you all kill each other,//Member of the pro cath association // Froggys' sugar-e-daddy//You can't spell politics without tics/[b]/Note to self: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations = human stupidity.Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the females (not shemales).

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Feb 4 2005, 12:00 PM
Post #7

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Hi, welcome to the forums.

*tapes you to the ceiling*

Hope you have fun here. smile.gif Don't worry, the tape is a recognised n00b greeting tradition and as such is unbreakable.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Feb 4 2005, 12:15 PM
Post #8

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Thanks B.I.C. thought I was going to have to do something about that suit! wink.gif Yes Fan's I'm back not done this for a while but by popular demand the granades have returned! cool.gif *stick granade to Saphire* Right some points of referance for see as people seem to think these are easily disposed of! 1. Speacial glue the only way it can be got rid of is a nice big explosion (which will come in a while) 2. moops Duct tape you are attached to the ceiling till you've eaten or posted enough! Which also means you have no free limbs to attempt removal of said granade. 3. The explosion wont cause permanent damage (the next bit is done begrudgingly Ggggrrrrr! mad.gif ) go see tribe Wyvern they'll help reasemble you or at least show you how. Right now for the fun bit *pulls pin and wanders off* evil.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Sapphire_Sea
post Feb 4 2005, 03:04 PM
Post #9

Ah! My suit! I'll never find one that flattering again. But at least I still have my DNA, I guess. And it really doesn't matter what I look like now that my body is encased in a duct-tape cocoon on the ceiling.

Well, I may be taped to the ceiling with a grenade stuck to me, but when I explode, all my dismembered peices are going to fall on you guys. Mwahaha! laugh.gif Help yourself to the Candy Canes I left down there, though.

+Quote Post
dancing hamster ...
post Feb 4 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #10

Our UAV is online

Member No.: 1,304

*hamsters sneak in and take candy*

yoink !

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Feb 4 2005, 04:29 PM
Post #11

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

Welcome young n00b and have a coffee, a cookie and a tiny wizard called Magical Trevor

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Feb 4 2005, 04:44 PM
Post #12

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Feb 4 2005, 05:29 PM)
Welcome young n00b and have a coffee, a cookie and a tiny wizard called Magical Trevor

<spam>

Magical Trevor 2 is out!

*dies*

</spam>

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Feb 4 2005, 05:25 PM
Post #13

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

...for someone majoring in English, I would have thought you'd know there's a u in favourite tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Sapphire_Sea
post Feb 4 2005, 06:13 PM
Post #14

...for someone majoring in English, I would have thought you'd know there's a u in favourite tongue.gif

Indeed, there is a "u" in the British-English "favourite". However, I live in America, and we spell it "favorite." I guess you could say that the British spelling is more correct, since the English language was developed in England, but I'm used to American English, so I'm going to stick with it. happy.gif

Aha! I shall use this mini-Trevor to free myself from the tape! Come here, Trevor, that's a good wizard....why don't you dissolve this tape with your Oh-so-clever tricks?
This might take a while, he's being obstinate.

+Quote Post
Wyvern
post Feb 4 2005, 06:53 PM
Post #15

sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes the bug

Member No.: 1,348

Oooh! A new one! Its been so long....well maybe thats a slight exaggeration but the general concept is there. *shrugs*

Welcome to the Forums!!!

I see in good old fashion tradition Moop and Cath got to you first, so now I shall proceed according to script! wink.gif

*pauses, pulls crumpled wad of papers from back pocket, scans down the pages muttering*

Ah ha! Got it!

*hands over small matchbox emitting something akin to 'Wild thing'... *

This should assist with any navigation requirements and should BIC or Cath or anyone else strike suddenly it may also prove a useful deterant! Im not promising though.... dry.gif

Anyways have a cookie and enjoy your posting!
*hands up large any-flavour-cookie and whizzes off*

--------------------
[CENTER]Proud participator in the Noob adoption sharing scheme.
Trial specimen: Raevnkite.
Progress:Progressing Nicely

Tribe Wyvern:Come visit!
Im Irishguys Pockety Pet!!!
[/CENTER]
Maps alter your perceptions, confuse your mind and make familiar things seem very strange and thats before you unpack the compass...

+Quote Post
Sapphire_Sea
post Feb 4 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #16

*hands over small matchbox emitting something akin to 'Wild thing'... *

Thank you! I'm not sure what this is....or how to use it. But if it will defend me against suprise attacks, I'll try it. I'm sure I'll figure it out how it works.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Feb 4 2005, 09:35 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Sapphire_Sea @ Feb 4 2005, 06:13 PM)

Indeed, there is a "u" in the British-English "favourite". However, I live in America, and we spell it "favorite." I guess you could say that the British spelling is more correct, since the English language was developed in England, but I'm used to American English, so I'm going to stick with it. happy.gif

pfft "American-English" indeed.... *wanders off muttering something about Empires and tea*

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Feb 4 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #18

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Yeah, well, coffee beats up tea like the American bully beats up the English foreign exchange student.

Anyway, I'm Mike. Nice to meet you. Capcom rules most hardcorčdly (Hey Commie! I can do a č too!) and I have a stash of coffee that I would rather not be tapped. Stay away from it. It's the source of my power. My power. I'll lend (lend!) you some games, though.

Otherwise, I'll see you around.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Feb 4 2005, 10:32 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (PsychWardMike @ Feb 4 2005, 10:22 PM)
Yeah, well, coffee beats up tea like the American bully beats up the English foreign exchange student.

....damn colonials *puts on a red coat and starts humming such patriotic songs as Land of Hope and Glory and God save the Queen*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Feb 4 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #20

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Nice to meet you! My name's Amelia, the Silver Star Angel of Da Towers! Call me Silver. Make yourself comfy as you can and enjoy this cake. *hands you a cake*

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Feb 6 2005, 05:27 AM
Post #21

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

Welcome, I shall bestow upon you the gift of C++, namely

for(int i = 3; i <=6; i++)
{
cout << i << endl;
}

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Feb 6 2005, 05:35 AM
Post #22

Meow!

Once again, PgrmDave has issued the oddest welcome on the boards! Congratulations, Dave! Take a bow!

--------------------

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Feb 6 2005, 05:36 AM
Post #23

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

*takes bow*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Feb 6 2005, 05:51 AM
Post #24

Meow!

*Cheers and Huzzahs sound, all around*

--------------------

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Feb 6 2005, 03:25 PM
Post #25

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

QUOTE (pgrmdave @ Feb 6 2005, 05:27 AM)
Welcome, I shall bestow upon you the gift of C++, namely

for(int i = 3; i <=6; i++)
{
      cout << i << endl;
}

or in a real language (C smile.gif ):

CODE
for (int i = 3; i <= 6; i++)
{
      fprintf(stdout, "%i\n", i);
}

</geek>

*hides geekyness and runs off*

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 07:58 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!