IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crisps, How disappointing thee are now...
little_bear
post Feb 8 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

I remember the days when you decided to open a packet of crisps and they literally could explode due to the sheer volume contained inside.

Just now, I opened a packet about 2 minutes ago, and to my horror I find about 20 of the tiny little potato buggers huddled away at the bottom; the rest of the bag containing nothing but air. sad.gif

So dear forumites, where have all the crisps gone?

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Feb 8 2005, 09:33 PM
Post #2

F*cking with the best since 1996

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 962

I think it's just because when you are a kid you are smaller so it just looked like loads. *noddles*

Either that or there's a potato shortage.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Feb 8 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #3

So it's not evil crisp corporations trying to squeeze every last penny from my already well wrung pockets?

Phew, thats a relief.

*Goes back to conforming, consuming and obeying.*

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Feb 8 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #4

Nope - it's all about the mind altering drugs with the crisp companies.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Feb 8 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #5

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

*sniffs the flavouring off of some salt and vinegar crisps*

What's that you say?

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Feb 8 2005, 10:55 PM
Post #6

Actually, I swear Pringles must use some sort of mind altering drug in their crisps. How else could they make them so morish?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Feb 10 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #7

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (little_bear @ Feb 8 2005, 11:55 PM)
Actually, I swear Pringles must use some sort of mind altering drug in their crisps.  How else could they make them so morish?

Salt.

My personal hatred for crisps is that there are so many stupid flavours now. Just about every possible meal is now available in crisp form. Stick with the traditional: Ready Salted, Cheese & Onion, Salt & Vinegar, and Smoky Bacon. *Perhaps* allow the odd Roast Chicken in, but that's it. I want none of these Marmite or Ketchup flavours. Stupid.

QUOTE (snugglebum the destroyer)
I think it's just because when you are a kid you are smaller so it just looked like loads. *noddles*

I remember watching/reading something about a guy who wrote to the makers of Wagon Wheels (the chocolate "bar"), saying it wasn't as big as it used to be. And their reply was that it looked bigger when he was younger, because he was smaller.

Funny!

(because they also later admitted that the edge had been thinned slightly over the years).

Okay, I'm done.

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Feb 11 2005, 03:27 AM
Post #8

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Member No.: 1,469

My personal hatred for crisps is that there are so many stupid flavours now. Just about every possible meal is now available in crisp form. Stick with the traditional: Ready Salted, Cheese & Onion, Salt & Vinegar, and Smoky Bacon. *Perhaps* allow the odd Roast Chicken in, but that's it. I want none of these Marmite or Ketchup flavours. Stupid.

I hate that too have you seen meat pie,cheese sandwich,bacon breakfast androast pork each oneis grosser than the next.
I did like the add they had for greek style chips before the olympics where they were saying they're so good you'll never get around to working and they zoomed out and had a group of laborers sitting in a half finished olympic stadium with hurdlers tripping over weelbarrows as they discussed the goodness of the chips.
Have you niticed they don't but as much flavor in any more when i was 8 i could smell someone open a pack of S&V chips from the other side of the house but now I'm stuffing my nosein to get a wiff of it

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Feb 11 2005, 04:35 AM
Post #9

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

wow. And I thought we had a lot of flavors here in the states... Nothing on you, though... MMMMM smokey bacon...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Feb 11 2005, 04:48 AM
Post #10

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

Maybe they just made the bags bigger as the years went on?

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Feb 11 2005, 04:53 AM
Post #11

Meow!

Just like here! Fewer chips (Crisps), more air!

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Feb 11 2005, 02:19 PM
Post #12

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

I think its the other bags their passing off too by class. Common people eat plain salt an vinegar where as those who want a bit of class have Baltic Seasalt and Vinegar. Same crisps different name same number of crisps shared between the two.

Crisps! Building borders in class seperation!

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Feb 11 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 11 2005, 05:53 AM)
Just like here! Fewer chips (Crisps), more air!

Yeah, I guess the added air must be to 'protect' the crisps from 'damage'.

*shakes fist*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Feb 12 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 11 2005, 05:35 AM)
wow. And I thought we had a lot of flavors here in the states... Nothing on you, though...

All the new ones just taste like "Salt & Vinegar" anyway.

And when you think about it, what kind of a flavour is salt and vinegar anyway? At least the others (Cheese, Onion, Smoky Bacon, Roast Chicken) are proper foods, but that one is just condiments. Stupid.

I wonder who will be the first to release 'Potato' flavoured crisps!

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Feb 13 2005, 12:05 AM
Post #15

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Member No.: 1,469

^There are potato wedge flavored chips^........

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Feb 13 2005, 05:38 AM
Post #16

Meow!

QUOTE (Hobbes @ Feb 12 2005, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (Quoth(The Raven) @ Feb 11 2005, 05:35 AM)
wow. And I thought we had a lot of flavors here in the states... Nothing on you, though...

I wonder who will be the first to release 'Potato' flavoured crisps!

They already have 'em. They're called 'Pringles'.... laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Feb 13 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #17

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

QUOTE (Hobbes @ Feb 12 2005, 10:48 PM)
All the new ones just taste like "Salt & Vinegar" anyway.

And when you think about it, what kind of a flavour is salt and vinegar anyway? At least the others (Cheese, Onion, Smoky Bacon, Roast Chicken) are proper foods, but that one is just condiments. Stupid.

Chips (hot chips wink.gif) with salt and vinegar on are teh scrummylicious! Making crisps with that flavouring is just copying that. I know of nothing else that will make my content belly grumble then the waft from someone elses bag of chip with salt and vinegar on them! *rubs belly now she's been thinking about food*

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Feb 14 2005, 07:37 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Feb 13 2005, 10:24 AM)
Chips (hot chips wink.gif) with salt and vinegar on are teh scrummylicious!

Yuck... vinegar.

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Feb 14 2005, 08:07 PM
Post #19

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

How can you not like vinegar?

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Feb 14 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Feb 14 2005, 09:07 PM)
How can you not like vinegar?

"Eurgh... vinegar"

^ Like that ^

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Feb 14 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #21

"Eurgh... vinegar"

Nope, I'm sorry - you know the rules. All opinions must have a very valid and clear explination. Otherwise we will have to flame and quite possibly ban you. *noddles* biggrin.gif wink.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Feb 27 2005, 06:38 AM
Post #22

Meow!

I recently saw Guacamole flavored chips... Disgusting...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Mar 19 2005, 07:02 AM
Post #23

Meow!

Whatever happened to Taco flavored chips... there don't seem to be any on the shelves, anymore... sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FeralPolyglot
post Mar 22 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #24

=^^= ~~

Member No.: 1,690

Perhaps when we were younger, we were happy with just the fact that we had chips. The sheer glee of opening that shiny, metallic bag and getting that first whiff of the chips helped to make you think that there were more. Not like now when everyone's always looking for more or bigger or better. Not even taking time to smell the chips. Ah, the good old days... Also, perhaps because our stomachs were smaller, the smaller amount was sufficient to fill us up 100%. Now that our tummies are bigger, that same amount only fills up roughly 13.546%. Perhaps the absolute amount of chips may not have decreased but the base against which you are comparing the amount of chips (how much they fill you up) has increased, causing the perceived amount of chips to be less. Or it could just be some big government conspiracy to eventually have one chip per bag so that we could create more waste and spend more money. :-p

Oh, and funked)out_frog (or anyone who knows), are "hot chips" just chips that have been heated? Or something else? I'm getting an image of a bag of Frito-Lays in an oven...

--------------------
-Cerin
=^^= ~~

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
"Be the change that you want to see in the world." -Mohandas Gandhi
"We do not inherit the land from our fathers, we borrow it from our children." -Native American Proverb
"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Walk beside me and just be my friend." - Albert Camus
"You can't change the music of your soul." -Katherine Hepburn
"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. (...) There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself." -The Matrix

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 02:48 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!