IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm Freezing All The Time!, What's wrong with me?
exceptional1709
post Feb 9 2005, 12:50 PM
Post #1

Incapable of normal thought

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,344

I'm a bit worried because recently I've noticed that I'm really cold all the time. I go round in three layers of clothing and still shiver, while people are going round in T-shirts saying the central heating is up too high. As I type this I'm actually wearing my coat- with the hood up, ooh furry- and scarf and gloves, and I'm still cold! (And it's hard to type with gloves on...)
What's wrong with me???? *is scared*
Should I go to the doctor's or something? unsure.gif

--------------------
Official Beanbag-monger for TRIBE WYVERN (Visit us here!)
VOTE MR SB FOR FAVOURITE ANIMATION! (Go here to vote!)
--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--OBEY--
Proud owner of a Violet Scuttler from the Tribe Wyvern lab. Not for rental or resale.
Mata loves us, this we know. Because the forums tell us so. All our souls to him belong. We are weak but he is strong
Always read the small print. You never know what it might say. You're leaving your brain open to subliminal messages. Being paranoid is good.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Feb 9 2005, 01:14 PM
Post #2

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

Umm...I'm not a medical expert, but then again it's weird to be that cold, maybe. Where do you live?

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 9 2005, 04:06 PM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

As always, if worried then go see your doctor.

Feeling cold can be a sign of low metabolism or circulation problems. It might be worth doing ten or twenty minutes of moderate exercise every day to boost both of these. If that doesn't help after a few days then there's no harm done, and definitely go see your doctor!

Oh, and don't forget that if you're exercising you might want to eat a healthy source of energy to replace the calories you burn. Not having healthy energy sources for the body to use can cause you to get cold too!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
sjbbandgeek
post Feb 18 2005, 05:33 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 618

sounds like a fever to me, get some rest and drink warm liquids.

+Quote Post
SuperWoman
post Feb 18 2005, 12:13 PM
Post #5

More proficient guppy

Member No.: 818

Ya, I'm agreeing with Mata. The same thing used to happen to me too when I was extremely anemic. (I didn't get enough viatims into my blood stream. Mata explains the rest) So maybe you might want to go to the Doctor and get your blood taken and see if your anemic? I don't know...that's just what ended up happening to me wink.gif

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Feb 18 2005, 11:42 PM
Post #6

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I also think you should see a doctor... at least to check and make sure everything's alright.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Feb 20 2005, 02:15 AM
Post #7

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

I'm always cold too, and anemic (I'm freezing under three layers of clothes and a throw blanket as I type this). But that's not really why, I just have screwy circulation. S'called Reynold's (sp?) syndrome, and my doctor basically told me to wear gloves all the time and run my hands under hot water when they turn yellow. If it's that, there isn't anything that can be done, but if it's something like anemia, or chronic something, it doesn't hurt to ask. But I wouldn't go into a panic about it.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Sapphire_Sea
post Feb 21 2005, 01:06 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,625

Well, one of my best friends has a similar problem. She was so cold some days, even in the summertime, that she wouldn't get out from under her comforter. She was also tired most of the time. According to her doctor, it's because she's anemic. Of course, chills can also come from a fever. If your temperature is normal, and you're still freezing, then I really advise you to go see a doctor.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 01:41 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!