IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Need A New Free Website..., Anyone know of some good ones?
altehase
post Feb 22 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #1

Patron Saint Of All Mediocrities

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,018

Please Help! I need a decent one. I know...I'm a cheap bastard. I was using "Fanspace.com" but for whatever reason...it's gone. I could KILL! It was good though but I don't want to go back. I also used "freeservers.com"...but they suck. "Google" hardly ever finds the content.

If anyone has a good leads...please post for me...THANX:)

Sincerely,
altehase AKA TanyaTurkish
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Feb 22 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #2

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

A "Daily Life" thread, surely?

Sorry... I don't know any, can't really help.
*apologises*

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Feb 22 2005, 09:38 PM
Post #3

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,102

Depends on the use. Freewebs allow you free websites, with fairly few limits as long as you are only displaying things (no downloads). The Quote site is hosted on 1asphost, as it uses asp (duh), and other sites such as rchomepage allow you free space as long as it's within topic (in that case, rc models). A lot of service providers give you some webspace too, so you might want to check that.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Feb 22 2005, 10:32 PM
Post #4

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Step 1) Setup router to forward port 80 to your PC
Step 2) Leave PC on
Step 3) Install apache
Step 4) Get a dyndns.org free dynamic DNS account, install the dyndns client to update the account when your IP changes

Whoo! Custom webspace with no restrictions (except your net connection) and no limit to space and what you can host.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Feb 23 2005, 04:01 AM
Post #5

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 380

Whatdayaknow, I find myself needing one as well. I'm going to be putting up a ton and a half of pictures from the Guild Wars beta events, and I need a good bit of space to hold them all. More importantly, I need UNLIMITED monthly bandwidth. I've found a couple of places that offer something around what I need, but none of them are accepting new sites at the moment. Of course, no big surprise there.

Really, the ammount of stuff I can put up is less important than the unlimited bandwidth. I can always make two accounts and link them together if there's not enough space on one.

Sooooo.....any of ya'll know any good places like that?

Oh, and Moop, I can't do what you said because we can't set our router because we're pirating bandwidth from someone else. So help....please? ::Big kitty-cat eyes::

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 12:55 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!