IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Pure Rage, Or the end of a friendship.
Righteous
post Feb 25 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

Before the fat aggression, here's the back story:

Matt (of Social Failure) dated this chick Sarah who cheated on him with Bob (of Social Failure). Upon learning all of this (Bob's very honest when he's high and Rick's very good at interrogation), the guys kicked Bob out of So-Fail and Matt dumped Sarah. That all eventually blows over.

Fat aggression:

Sarah wanted to be friends with Matt. Matt's response: "Hell no." This drives her to go cry to Bob. Then mysteriously Matt's car got egged twice. The day after the second egging, we found eggshells and yolk on our driveway and on my uncle's $50,000 car that my dad's taking care of while he's out of the country. We knew right off the bat that it was Bob. With a little investigation (thanks to our buddy JVW), we found out that it indeed was Bob along with this twat Micah (he's the guy no one likes but somehow ends up at every social function possible) and, what caused this outburst of fat rage, Matazone forumite Aislinn Faye.

THis hurts because Aislinn was a dear friend of mine who decided to throw away our friendship for the sake of Bob's asisnine revenge. She knows I know, so thus she'll never call me again, never visit me again and never come back to Matazone.

Just recalling this, I am so God damn mad. What the Hell, man?! Why the Hell do people do this sh*t?!

God DAMN do I need a cig right now!

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ravein
post Feb 25 2005, 03:26 PM
Post #2

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

all this cause a car got egged? WTF man? I washes off! If someone shot your grandmother that is revenge. This is a childish prank. Why throw away a friendship over this?

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Feb 25 2005, 03:36 PM
Post #3

Shut up, noob!

It's the principle of the matter. We bear no extreme malice toward Bob. He's an ass, this we know and are used to. The reason I'm mad at Aislinn is because she was a friend, a dear friend that I would die for, who decided that it's okay for her to vandalize my property. The physical damage done is irrelevent. If she'd rather knowingly and willingly aid someone in attacking the property of Matt (her ex) and my family (she hates my brother) then she doesn't deserve my friendship.

Lemme ask you this: If your best friend did the same thing and never even entertained the idea of apologizing, wouldn't you be pissed based more on the principle than the actual damage.

Oh, and egg yolk can damage paint, which, on a Jaguar, sounds pricey.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ravein
post Feb 25 2005, 03:49 PM
Post #4

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Member No.: 40

No, I wouldn’t. I would go talk to her and resolve it.
Friends that you connect with and that you feel so strongly about don’t come along everyday. True friendship is very, very hard to find in this world. And if you cared enough for her to die for her you must have found it (or your over dramatic and have a death wish smile.gif ). The fact that you turn your back on her so easily makes me wonder is it pride or maybe you are fooling yourself about how much you really care about her. It takes a lot to foster a friendship and you have to eat a lot of words and be the bigger person sometime.
Also, for every action is a reaction, maybe she feels justified in her actions. Have you spoke to her and gotten her side of the story? Maybe you said something that angered her, maybe your brother was an arsehole to her, and maybe Matt was a dick head ex. You never know what she is thinking to justify her actions. Granted she should have acted in a different manner but this is the part when you get to be the bigger person I spoke of before.

PS. And if he paid 50,000 for the car, the paint can withstand dried egg. More expensive the car the higher quality the paint and clear coat.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Feb 25 2005, 04:13 PM
Post #5

Shut up, noob!

Matt was a decent boyfriend. He just didn't spend every waking moment with her. Also, Rick had been astoundingly corgial to her and even began to like her That happened early last year and had blown over completely. I was even beginning to think that it had all worked itself out.

I should also point out that as of late, she's been ditching me to go huff, snort coke and slam God-knows-what into her arm. I know for a fact that I've done nothing wrong to her, unless buying cigarettes, giving her gas money, being there for her and helping her out however/whenever possible are bad things.

I've known Aislinn for almost three years. I know how she works. She doesn't apologize (or seek forgiveness) for such things; I've had to do it for her to Rick and Matt on her behalf (and I hate lying to them).

Looking back after all of this, I think the only thing I was fooling myself about was how much of a friend she was after she was running with all the wrong people becoming a chemical victim. Or maybe I just have high standards in friends, particularly since similar instances have happened with Harmonie and Ellice (ex friends).

Believe it or not, the friends I have that don't do things like this are great people.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Feb 25 2005, 04:27 PM
Post #6

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

oh man...this is pretty serious. it's terrible how one event can ruin so many after. I hope that everyone decides to just let it blow over for a bit.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Feb 25 2005, 04:37 PM
Post #7

Shut up, noob!

Not likely. It's more than likely she'd become just like Ellice and Harmonie and I don't need anymore people like them in my life. Good to cut this off before I have more heartache over it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Feb 26 2005, 03:31 PM
Post #8

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Righteous @ Feb 25 2005, 03:36 PM)
Lemme ask you this: If your best friend did the same thing and never even entertained the idea of apologizing, wouldn't you be pissed based more on the principle than the actual damage.

What about if one of your best friends decided that because you had accidentally allowed him access to your Matazone account he would put up posts as you claiming that he had killed himself after finding out that he had a brain tumor (all lies), and then decided to tell the world, also falsley, that the whole even had convinced you that it was time to tell them that you were gay?
I hate to bring that load of crap up again, but don't you think you might be taking things a little too seriously? A few eggings never hurt anyone (seriously, anyway...) and the whole matter does seem quite trivial. And if you think that the principal of the matter is what's important to the extent that you seem to, then perhaps your pride needs a bit of deflating. Yes it was undertaken with malice and immaturity, but one is an excuse for the other and shouldn't be something that comes between a friendship. At least not if YOU ever valued that friendship. It seems to me that you're more than happy to respond to childishness with further childishness and, as you put it, rage. Not exactly a mature, sensible, stable way of looking at things really...

oh, and cleaning eggshells off of a jaguar and finding scrapes in the paint is nothing compared to their usual running costs. Never heard the old adage "buy a jag and you have to pay for the mechanic along with it?"

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Feb 26 2005, 04:08 PM
Post #9

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (Tarantio @ Feb 26 2005, 10:31 AM)
oh, and cleaning eggshells off of a jaguar and finding scrapes in the paint is nothing compared to their usual running costs. Never heard the old adage "buy a jag and you have to pay for the mechanic along with it?"

Actually, I did just last night while discussing the situation with somefolks interested in the situation. This one dude went on a rant about how much he hates Jags.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and figured out that it's not the eggs. Aislinn and my ex-friend Ellice bear a striking resemblence in personality (Ellice's former best friend agrees). She screwed me over royally and was one of the reasons I started drinking. I think that the reason for my being so damn angry was because she was an Ellice in the making and if things continued, I could have my emotions torn to shreds.

I don't like being screwed over by my friends and, call me paranoid, but looking back, I wouldn't have been suprised if she had done just that sometime down the road.

When I was in middle school, I had a friend who stole thirty dollars from my dad. I haven't talked to him since and don't plan on it. I don't put up with that crap from my friends.

ANother factor is that said vandalism was done on Matt and my family. I get angry at the things that happen to me, but it's nothing compared to how I get when things happen to those I love. Maybe it's a case of Aislinn not respecting those I love and care about. Hell, I was pissed when she was on bad terms with Rick and Matt.

In any case, I no longer consider her a friend. She was my chemical victim, but, eggs or not, I don't want or need her in my life anymore.

What about if one of your best friends decided that because you had accidentally allowed him access to your Matazone account he would put up posts as you claiming that he had killed himself after finding out that he had a brain tumor (all lies), and then decided to tell the world, also falsley, that the whole even had convinced you that it was time to tell them that you were gay?

If Rick, with whom I have a relationship uncomparable to any I've ever seen in my life, did something like that, frankly I'd bash his head in for misleading and upsetting my Matazone family. He's my brother and the person in the world I'm closest to and, therefore, should respect those I love.

--------------------

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Feb 26 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #10

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

It's hard to lose friends, especially when it's not over their singular actions, but because they were following other people. It becomes not just betrayal, but turncoatery (if that's a word). My two cents is, this doesn't seem to be about the egging. If you are this resolute, it's accumulative. If you weren't already bothered by other elements, this one isolated action wouldn't have been so disturbing. Your other concerns (drugs and drinking especially) are weighty enough to justify distancing yourself. In the end, you have to do what's best for your health and sanity, no matter how painful it is.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Feb 27 2005, 06:36 AM
Post #11

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

Ri, it's in really poor taste to talk about a personal problem you're having with another forumite on the boards. It's different if we don't know the people and you're venting, but Aislinn is a board member. Come on man, have a little bit of class, don't air your dirty laundry in public.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Feb 28 2005, 01:35 AM
Post #12

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

QUOTE (Jaq @ Feb 27 2005, 12:36 AM)
Ri, it's in really poor taste to talk about a personal problem you're having with another forumite on the boards.  It's different if we don't know the people and you're venting, but Aislinn is a board member.  Come on man, have a little bit of class, don't air your dirty laundry in public.

I have to say that I agree. It'd be very different if we didn't know Aislinn, but we do - perhaps a different medium of venting your feelings might be more appropriate? The last thing you - or anyone else - should be doing right now is making things worse by possibly upsetting Aislinn further.

With your consent, I'd like to close the thread and consider the matter removed from the forums. Inter-forumite relation issues ought to be settled in PMs or instant messaging, but not out here in the open. Sorry Ri.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Feb 28 2005, 04:42 AM
Post #13

Shut up, noob!

Actually, I was about to ask you to do so, Missy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 01:48 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!