IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Kind Of Coward
depressed lonely...
post Mar 12 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #1

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,469

is my mother she would rather tolerate being moked in public than confront a person.
she plays music loudly rather than tell a person they're irrational.
and when she hasan opinion that even halfway controversial she waits till shes 10 feet away from the person who she wishes to say it to so they probably won't even hear her.
it disgusts me that she will do this and then try to stop me from expressing myself.
I don't mind getting into fights. I would rather have my bumps and breaks to show than keep my valid opinions to myself or cowardly say then under my breath.

Would you just allow someone(an adult) to pretend to be frinds withyour 8-9-10 year old only to exclude them (without having the decency to tell them to their face) because they imagine that you their parent has done something to you.
I wouldexpect an explanation a justification, for an adult not to hurt a child to get at their parent. or for them have the guts to explain their motivation to the child and see how rational it is then.
But as it is my mother is sitting around playing cat stevens on high.

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Mar 14 2005, 10:30 PM
Post #2

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

i wouldnt say shes a coward at all. some people find that it s a waste of time to get into arguments, myself included on a regular basis with my brothers. also more often then not i will wait untill there is somthing hard and protective inbetween me and said brother to voice and opinoin that doesnt agree with theirs. does this make me a coward? pehapes, but then agin no one would really understand the situation, and im not saying you dont understand the situation, but you may not have all of the little details.

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
Daedalus
post Mar 16 2005, 03:26 AM
Post #3

Pretend you didn't notice

Member No.: 556

Petty arguments about inconsequential details are pointless. Ask yourself this: Will speaking your mind, and starting an argument or an awkward situation make any positive difference?

If the answer is no, then that's probably why your mother avoids making mountains out of molehills in those situations. Personally, I try to avoid getting into arguments unless it will change things for the better, which more often than not isn't the case (I always tend to get into them anyway... natch).

--------------------
I wub snoo

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Mar 17 2005, 08:59 AM
Post #4

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

Could someone explain to me, because I really didn't understand the original post at all.

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Mar 17 2005, 10:45 AM
Post #5

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Member No.: 1,469

^Niether do I ^

it's an insane way to behave.
i don't think i'd even mind so much if she just cut out the i'll expres my opinion from a distance behavior because the only reason she does is cos she's scared of fighting. mad.gif

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Mar 17 2005, 01:20 PM
Post #6

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

And that's not a valid reason in your eyes? So you're gonna bitch about it behind her back? It's her choice, leave it be.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
ravein
post Mar 17 2005, 03:29 PM
Post #7

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

I have to agree. Avoiding conflict is nothing to be ashamed of. If anything it should be praised. It takes a bigger person to walk away. What if she did blow up on someone and as a result there was a fight and she was hurt or even jailed? She is a mother; she has responsibilities to her children and herself. It is easy to be irresponsible when you donít have other people depending on you for their survival. Think of how different your life would be if mom ended up getting in a fight over something stupid and went to jail. Think about how different your life would be once she lost her job, and the state took her kids for being an unfit mother who canít hold her temper over incorrect food order at Burger King.

All she is doing in venting to you. Just like you are doing here. Your mom pissed you off and you came here to vent. In her case someone else pissed her off and she came to you to vent. If I were you I would take advantage of it and talk to your mom and get to know her. Life passes quickly and one day she will not be here anymore. Be careful what you take for granted.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." ‚ÄĒSimone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 07:52 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!