Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Was Your Day?, show and tell time
spiffilicious05
post Mar 30 2005, 07:13 PM
Post #1

Empowe(red)

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 614

Okay so I went to bed at 2 am because I was supposed to be able to sleep in this morning but I got a call at 7 from my grandmother who had locked her keys in her car. While the car was running. lol silly gramma

So I had to get up and drive her to my little cousin's house so she could watch my cousin Felicia and get her onto the bus while my aunt went to work. On the way home I took a wrong turn and got really lost.

By the time I got home it was 8:20 and I had a doctor's appointment at 8:30. (insert a few well chosen profanities here)

But then my aunt called and told me that she moved my appointment to 10:30 (she's the medical assistant at my doctor's office).

I was all ready and time so I relaxed -- then I forgot to look at the clock and 10:20 rolls around. Oops. My fault. tongue.gif -- but I go to the appointment and I get into the parkinglot at 10:40. A person in the parkinglot however sopped his car in the middle of a lane and trapped me in for 10 minutes.

So now I'm tired and cranky and trapped. But I finally get into the waiting room that seems to be overrun by senior citizens all complaining about the long wait.

I get my check up, everything's great. I've lost 25 lbs (that made my day right there -- sorry about not being able to convert to the metric system folks).

And now I'm in class, dead tired, waiting for practice and my coach to announce lineups. *gets nervous*

*phew* long day -- how was yours???

share! c'mon everyone! jump on the bandwagon! laugh.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Novander
post Mar 30 2005, 11:09 PM
Post #2

Take apart your head

Member No.: 1,599

Today was alright. I watched Finding Neverland, which is a fantastic film and almost had me in tears (a lot of films have had that affect recently. Are films getting better or have I become truly emo?).

But yesterday was fantastic. I was at a friends house and a blue tit flew into the window, stunning itself. It fell back, into the bush and got its foot caught so it was hanging upside down. I went outside, picked it up and it sat happily in my hand for a while. At first, I thought its leg was broken, but eventually it started moving it again. I put my hand up near my shoulder and it hopped across, which effectually makes me an actual pirate. Yarr. Everyone knows blue tits are cooler than parrots.

Hopefully there will be pictures eventually, so you can all go "Awwww, its so cute! (And the bird is pretty cute as well)"

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Mar 30 2005, 11:26 PM
Post #3

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

"Awwww, its so cute! (And the bird is pretty cute as well)"

"Lookit the little pirate Novander!"

You know that's how it'll be. tongue.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Mar 30 2005, 11:47 PM
Post #4

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

I had an interesting day yesterday. It's the end of session at school so there's a lot of paperwork to do and tests to give and mark and report cards to write and the like. Anyways, that's nothing new and I wasn't too broken up about the extra work. But everything is pretty much going to shit at the office besides that.

Two of the Korean teachers quit because the director is screwing them out of money and making them work overtime and not get paid for it. The classes just keep getting bigger and bigger and the time teaching keeps getting longer and longer with less, and on some days no, breaks.

Anyways, everyone is feeling high strung and wiped out at the same time at the office and the Korean teachers can talk about nothing but the two teachers who quit and what happened to them. The girl I spend the most time with and who has basically the same schedule as me spent all of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday complaining and I just wanted to tell her to shut the f**k up, instead I only annoyed her (mostly unintentionally innocent.gif ) with my perkiness.

Surprisingly I came home in a pretty good mood, even though my day wasn't that great with office stresses, at least the kids were as cute as usual, I'm caught up on my work, my classes are going well, and I had some nice tuna kimbap, also we have a four day weekend this weekend and I might be going to a national park for it... Doesn't take much to make me happy. Just need more sleep. Sleep is good. v_v

p.s. this is like my own personal blog! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Mar 31 2005, 08:03 PM
Post #5

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Three words: Artificial Urine Lab.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Novander
post Apr 1 2005, 12:04 PM
Post #6

Take apart your head

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Mar 31 2005, 08:03 PM)
Three different words: That Sounds Disgusting.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Apr 1 2005, 06:31 PM
Post #7

Empowe(red)

Due to some unpleasant affairs last night I didn't go to bed until late, and then woke up at 4 unable to sleep. But I had some good friends around to be my sounding boards. Then my friend Brenna and I skipped school for the majority of our day and now I'm back just intime for my last class.

I went up to the local university campus to buy some books for a college course that I'm in that I take there. I couldn't buy the books because I didn't have the money and then someone gave me them for free. yay! I saved 43 dollars tongue.gif

so even though I'm tired now I'm in a slightly better mood -- I also got accepted into boston university -- but they're are too many people in cornell sad.gif so I didn't make it because I didn't apply soon enough.

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Apr 1 2005, 11:13 PM
Post #8

Lord of the Keys

(elphaba2 @ Mar 31 2005, 08:03 PM)

Three different words: That Sounds Disgusting.

*nods and proceeds to wash hands several times*

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Apr 2 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #9

Empowe(red)

*nods and proceeds to wash hands several times*

*hands you antibacterial soap*

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Apr 2 2005, 11:38 PM
Post #10

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I got woken up by my mom because for some reason my alarm wasn't working and I had to go babysit for my neighbor during which I called Spiffy and we exchanged advice we both need at this time in our lives. After a handful of hours, my neighbor returned and gave me thirty bucks. I ran home and put it in a jar with money I've been saving for my friend Amber's birthday where I'm gonna take her out and make it rock because she's been going through so much. I later talked to my mom and, long story short, Amber can stay with us if need be. I called her to tell her but she wasn't there and I had to lie through me teeth and tell him that I don't want to belt him in the mouth. Now, I'm procrastinating on cleaning in order to borrow my brother's PA system.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Novander
post Apr 12 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #11

Take apart your head

QUOTE (Novander @ Mar 31 2005, 12:09 AM)
Hopefully there will be pictures eventually

And now there are.

Novander and Blue Tit
Ubercuteness
Groovy Pirate

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Apr 13 2005, 10:55 PM
Post #12

Lord of the Keys

Cuteness! *dies*

Oh, and the bird's nice too wink.gif

Today was a normal sort of day full of little happy-making things--I took a walk without a coat, which was nice. The salad bar had fresh strawberries, and I talked to a human being who is quite lovely.

Therefore, by the simple laws that govern my days, tomorrow will be absolutely teh suck.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dancing hamster ...
post Apr 15 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #13

Our UAV is online

Member No.: 1,304

I've had quite an exhausting week to be honest.

Wednesday - went down to london at 6am got there about 11am on the smallest minibus, for art trip. used the tube for the first time so that was something new. went to tate to see monet/turner/whistler exhibition which was pretty boring really but the rest of the tate wasn't bad. caught boat to tate modern, which was alright except I was starving and tired. got back home 10pm

thursday - went hiking around wales for another art trip. got soaked and dirty - I wasn't very happy!

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Apr 21 2005, 02:10 AM
Post #14

Lord of the Keys

Today is the twentieth of April, or 4/20. Those aware of the legend behind today's date will no doubt be aware of what one who listens to Phish does on the twentieth of April. Twas quite fun. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Apr 21 2005, 04:08 PM
Post #15

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I got my hair cut.

To you this might not seem like a big thing but for me it is, I feel to hair dressers how alot of people feel about dentists.

My hair this morning was kinda mid-low back length, going down as far as where my ribs end, not been cut for a year and never had any shape. Now it's between my shoulders and my armpits, with layers and she straightened it for me! I really need to invest in straighteners. Really.

Best thing? It was £15 for a cut and blow dry and I was in there the best part of an hour.

Might post pics later, if I can get any decent ones.

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Apr 21 2005, 05:21 PM
Post #16

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

My hair!

JUst for comparison: How it was on Monday

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Isha
post Apr 25 2005, 06:53 AM
Post #17

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,771

today i am too happy because i got A in my exam biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

If I could have just one wish,I would wish to wake up everyday to the sound of your breath on my neck

+Quote Post
HoldenCaulfield
post Apr 26 2005, 04:17 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,769

today was ok as i got a paper back and it had gone well, but im seriously stressing about exams which is not good sad.gif. Also, was feeling depressed again today so had to imagine people dancing and clapping and singing to me to make myself cheer up... wacko.gif

--------------------
Wish I could show you
Wish you could see through my eyes
Tomorrow shines through
But Iím missing yesterday

+Quote Post
zivane
post Apr 26 2005, 05:32 PM
Post #19

Goddess of Purple Froot Loops

From: various, Jacksonville, Florida, USA, Earth, solar system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
Member No.: 1,682

woke up late for my IT class. stared at the comptuer for awhile until my teacher came over and hounded me for coursework and then actually decided to look at me. "you look like hell. go to bed. now. or else i'm going to fail you." i love her.

i went to the doctor instead of bed. upper respitory virus plus a bacterial infection of some kind. (headache, chest congestion, sinus congestion, ear pain, coughing up a lung this morning, sick to my stomache). i ended up walking over a mile into town by myself in the rain and back because no one felt bad enough for me to get my perscription (i was even throwing in lunch at some point, i think).

came back to halls. got a call from my mum. she said i sounded like hell and shouldn't talk on the phone. then i took all my meds (that's... quite a lot). then i passed out. for well over an hour i was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from consciousness. then stumbled over to the cafeteria. stared at food and nearly threw up. left. now library for entertainment.

with the amount of drugs i'm on, i'll be fine tomorrow. ^.^

--------------------
hawtt?! perfect ^.^

niao! ^.^ mr. cheeseiemooseys n00b - kinda, eh?

t3h uber 1337 LJ monster Little Gamers Web Comic My Space

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Apr 27 2005, 01:25 AM
Post #20

Lord of the Keys

I wrote a kid's book as an assignment for french, and I must say it is adorable. I drew little pastel drawings as accompaniment to the rather sloppy and basic french text, and they turned out rather nicely. So, yes, I'm...erm... *scrambles through english-english dictionary* "chuffed"..is it? I'm chuffed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Apr 27 2005, 09:56 AM
Post #21

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

This is what I did today

Well, not quite, but it's the culmination of the work I've done over the last year, testing the control software that runs the engines. Always nice to see your work fly about the place a bit.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Apr 27 2005, 10:06 AM
Post #22

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

QUOTE (Jonman @ Apr 27 2005, 10:56 AM)

This is what I did today

Well, not quite, but it's the culmination of the work I've done over the last year, testing the control software that runs the engines. Always nice to see your work fly about the place a bit.

You worked on Airbus?
Whoah, spiffy stuff. I feel guilty hoping it would fail to get off the ground now.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Apr 27 2005, 11:46 AM
Post #23

Duck Hunter S Thompson

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Apr 27 2005, 11:06 AM)
You worked on Airbus?
Whoah, spiffy stuff. I feel guilty hoping it would fail to get off the ground now.

Rolls-Royce. Them's R-R engines that are hanging from the wings.

Out of interest: why did you hope that? It's a great thing - creates vast amounts of employment across Europe, creates better competition, as without Airbus, Boeing would have a monopoly on large commercial aircraft.

On the one hand, it belches a vast amount of emissions out into the atmosphere, but on the other hand, a lot less per passenger than the 747s that it'll be replacing. And environmentally, the problem isn't so much the aircraft, which are getting steadily less polluting as time goes on, but the market and demand for flights.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Apr 27 2005, 12:24 PM
Post #24

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

QUOTE (Jonman @ Apr 27 2005, 12:46 PM)
Rolls-Royce. Them's R-R engines that are hanging from the wings.

Out of interest: why did you hope that? It's a great thing - creates vast amounts of employment across Europe, creates better competition, as without Airbus, Boeing would have a monopoly on large commercial aircraft.

On the one hand, it belches a vast amount of emissions out into the atmosphere, but on the other hand, a lot less per passenger than the 747s that it'll be replacing. And environmentally, the problem isn't so much the aircraft, which are getting steadily less polluting as time goes on, but the market and demand for flights.

Ahhh RR, love 'em. Got shares in them I think...

As for hope... I just like seeing people fail. I'm a horrible spiteful git. Plus I don't like planes. Got caught in a bombing at an airport once, sort of lowered my faith in it.

I'm actually worried about how much fuel these things carry. If they ever do crash (and I hope not), that is going to be one huge fireball.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Apr 27 2005, 12:31 PM
Post #25

Duck Hunter S Thompson

QUOTE (Calantyr @ Apr 27 2005, 01:24 PM)
I'm actually worried about how much fuel these things carry. If they ever do crash (and I hope not), that is going to be one huge fireball.

Which is why they have the facility to jettison most of their fuel.

When a big jet takes off with a full fuel load, it's incapable of landing that heavy - the undercarriage just can't support the weight. So, you have jettsion nozzles (usually at the wingtips), which you can squirt nearly all the fuel out of in a suprisingly short period of time. Then, you can go and land ASAP.

And of course, statisitically, you're more than ten times more likely to be struck by lightening during your lifetime than you are to die when you board a commercial flight.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 08:12 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!