IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yellow Pvc Or Pink Fluff?, You decide the clothing of my fire staff
Read post first, then vote please.
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
froggle-rock
post Apr 21 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #1

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

Hey all, I have one of these with a kinda silver hologram thing the lenght of the stick:

and want to make a pair of covers for the ends because the kelvar is supposed to be protected.

I have enough of this: and this:
to make covers from, plus ribbons, net, buttons and a piece of PVC with strawberries on it.

Cast your votes now!

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Apr 21 2005, 06:18 PM
Post #2

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

I'm not sure the PVC would work - it's too flat and looks a bit like you're planning to take it aboard a fishingboat.

The pink is cool and has nifty texture and would look awesome when sillhouetted too.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 21 2005, 06:25 PM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Is it worth mentioning that the fluff is flammable and the PVC will get slippery from the paraffin?

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Novander
post Apr 21 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #4

Take apart your head

Member No.: 1,599

Pink fluffy stuff, because its pink and its fluffy and even if it does catch fire... well hey, fire looks pretty.

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 21 2005, 06:33 PM
Post #5

omno-ahhhhhhh!

It's for when I'm just carrying it around, removable covers. I figured that I'd need to find a way protect the kelvar at the ends. I have no plan to permantly cover it with fluff or PVC wink.gif It's not for burning. I suppose I could stuff some newspaper in it, a kinda lining... I know they always smell.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Apr 21 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #6

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Definatly pink fluffy stuff. In my head it makes more sense to have a something which burns inside the flammable material *shrug*. And I'm not the biggest pvc fan.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Apr 21 2005, 06:52 PM
Post #7

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I vote that you use both! I mean, the covers could be stripey! But if not, then the pink, fluffy stuff. PVC's all very nice, but it reminds me of anoraks.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Apr 21 2005, 07:24 PM
Post #8

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Has to be the pink fluffy. I mean, it pretty much explains itself.

*noddles*

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Apr 21 2005, 07:48 PM
Post #9

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

"What's a fire staff?" he asked ignorantly.

And don't say "A staff of fire." tongue.gif

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Apr 21 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #10

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

It is a pole which you set on fire at each end and twirl around. Thus producing spiffy effects

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 21 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #11

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Huzzar!- I made one so far. I decided Pinkk fluffy stuff coz that's what the majority voted for, and I'm fair like that ;P

It looks a bit like a pink flame which is kinda cool. Still debating wheather or not I should sew plastic beads on.

What do you think?

LB, this a video of a person doing fire staff, and this is some information about staffs. Fire ones are made from a lenght of metal with kelvar secured at each end. You dip the kelvar part in parrafin, then light it and spin. You hvae to make sure you don't let the kelvar burn though, so you dip it back in parrafin, wheather or not you plan to relight it or not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
saucy_tara
post Apr 21 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #12

Destructogirl...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 124

Yay for the pink fluffiness babe!! I'm learning how to twirl poi at the moment, although I daren't try fire poi in case i have an accident with my synthetic hair!! Mmm, melty hair not good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CovertYawn
post Apr 22 2005, 11:02 AM
Post #13

Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat

Group: New Members
Member No.: 186

He he, I totally mis-understood the question. I thought you meant Fire staff as in the staff of a fire [station]!

In which case I'd go with the PVC all the way... laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image This is nips my naughty little bunny, he likes my carrot.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Apr 24 2005, 07:30 PM
Post #14

My direction

Member No.: 495

QUOTE (CovertYawn @ Apr 22 2005, 11:02 AM)
He he, I totally mis-understood the question. I thought you meant Fire staff as in the staff of a fire [station]!

In which case I'd go with the PVC all the way...  laugh.gif

I thought that too... I'm disappointed in you, Froggeh! tongue.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 24 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #15

omno-ahhhhhhh!

*hangs head in shame* But in my defence the pink fluff reminds me of neon shag pile carpet. biggrin.gif Not that I've ever paid carpet layers to fit out my room in it or anything >_>

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 08:23 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!