IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sewing, finally
depressed lonely...
post Apr 22 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #1

Depressed, Lonely and getting crazier by the day!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,469

I'm sewing finally with 3 days of holiday to go I just got the craft room and my room clean enough to sew in. As such I have made crinkle velvet pants I've cut out pinstripe pants tomorrow I intend to make a new pattern for stockings repair a handkercheif skirt and make myself some boylegs cos I'll be spinning in my grave when I'll pay $11.95 a pair.

I also think I'll start my rag skirt.

Other nifty news my sister got her rainbow fluffy yeti boots off layby today and they fit me to so I'll try to post pics
And tomorrow I'm going to try and list something on Ebay so cross your fingers for me please cos it seems hard.
He He pound sign££££££££

--------------------
Vote Brian Molko for ruler of the whole world in 2007
I'm only wearing black till they make something darker
There's no I in team but there is a ME if you re-arange the letters!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 22 2005, 04:04 PM
Post #2

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Woo, sounds very nice, but erm, what are boylegs? Are they like legwarmers? And "a new pattern for stockings repair", as in tight's stockings?

*crosses fingers*

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Apr 22 2005, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Sounds very industrious! Now you've got me all guilty because I've neglected my latest project for so long...smile.gif What sort of fabric are you using for the handkerchief skirt? Also, would you happen to have an idea of how to make a nice corset? I've been lusting after one for months, but I would hate to make one all wrong.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Apr 23 2005, 02:08 PM
Post #4

Woo, sounds very nice, but erm, what are boylegs? Are they like legwarmers? And make a new pattern for stockings, repair...... , as in tight's stockings?

Ok I'll fix the puntuation.
boylegs= underwear that doesn't give you a nasty pantyline but unlike a g-string shouldn't give you icky bacterial infections. I made a pair up today and am now altering the pattern to fit my ample thighs (which I wouldn't want any other way it's just discoraging to have to alter a one-size-fits-all pattern)

For the stockings I just marked an inch at a time up my leg and took measurements then evened them out. I'll see if it works tonight.

A good pattern for an underbust corset is "simplicity 9769" other than tnat I made a demo by just taking measurments at my hip, waist, underbust,bust,underarm to hip,hip to waist,waist to bust,waist to under bust and then made a model out of calico, it worked fairly well.

the handkerchief skirt is velvet on the bottom layer and lace on the top I'm repairing it by seperating the layers laying them strait(which I didn't do the first time) and making a seperate waistband so I'll get less bulk around my waist. I'm doing all of this so I can wear it with new boots I got off Ebay(nevermind that I now owe $62!!!!!!)

What's your latest project? I'm allways interested in discussing sewing and clothes making, povided you don't consider making pillowcase skirts to be full on tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Apr 23 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #5

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

I've got about fifty hideous ties from eBay, my dad, the lonely guy at my church, etc, and I'm turning them into a swing coat with black lining. Fun, but rather difficult, as it requires opening the seams for each tie, ironing it, and altering its length to the piece it's going to be attached to. Aaaand it's been sitting on my table for about a month. wink.gif

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Aria
post Apr 23 2005, 07:58 PM
Post #6

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Apr 22 2005, 06:34 PM)
Sounds very industrious! Now you've got me all guilty because I've neglected my latest project for so long...smile.gif What sort of fabric are you using for the handkerchief skirt? Also, would you happen to have an idea of how to make a nice corset? I've been lusting after one for months, but I would hate to make one all wrong.

http://www.sempstress.org/patterns/draftin...shtml#mypattern
You may find that site helpful, there are also tons of other corset making sites out there. Having said that, they're bloody hard to make, apparently, so making a mock up, and then an actual one is reccomended.

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
depressed lonely...
post Apr 24 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #7

And tomorrow I'm going to try and list something on Ebay so cross your fingers for me please cos it seems hard.

I've listed 2 of 5 things....it's not hard at all just time consuming

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 06:40 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!