Reply to this topicStart new topic
> .cdr Convert, How??
I_am_the_best
post May 8 2005, 07:19 PM
Post #1

Dirty Laundry

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,573

I was just wondering how I could convert a .cdr file to something like a a .bmp or .jpg or something that I can open without CoralDraw. Does anyone know?

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post May 8 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #2

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

Can't say I'm particularly familiar wih CorelDraw, but image programs usually allow you to export things into different file formats or save copies of them in different file formats. When you save it, try selecting the image type on the bottom on the dialog box, or if that doesn't work, look in the File menu for 'Export', or 'Save a Copy' or something similar.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post May 9 2005, 12:58 PM
Post #3

Dirty Laundry

The thing is, I've emailed it home, and my computer doesn't accept the .cdr format. I haven't actually got CoralDraw at hand so I can't change the format using it.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 9 2005, 01:55 PM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well, you could try the shareware version of this program, http://www.konvertor.net/indexe.html

I'm not positive it will recognise the format though. I know Adobe Illustrator can open it. If you're really in desperate need of it then email it to me mata@thisdomainsilly and I'll convert it for you.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Pab
post May 9 2005, 02:14 PM
Post #5

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

Ditto ... CDR is a picky format that only responds well to CorelDraw itself. Also it is a vector file, not a bitmap, and funny things can happen. I work with corel on a normal basis and can convert anything ya like, if ya like. It's either that or you open original file at work and say "File ... Export" and choose a nice JPEG format for example or something not too huge. It shall ask for pixels ... bring it down to something handleable cos it might be 8000 x 8000 pixels and weigh more than a bus. You can get me at paul at andorraserveis.com

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post May 9 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #6

Dirty Laundry

Thanks for all the tips! Unfortunately it wouldn't email as I'd tried emailing it to my friend with coralDraw already but because I couldn't even open the attachment, my computer wouldn't let me send it. I managed to get hold of it at school though and have now converted it to a .jpg. Thanks again though! smile.gif

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3

+Quote Post
Matador
post Oct 9 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #7

Novice Guppy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ May 9 2005, 08:58 PM) *
Thanks for all the tips! Unfortunately it wouldn't email as I'd tried emailing it to my friend with coralDraw already but because I couldn't even open the attachment, my computer wouldn't let me send it. I managed to get hold of it at school though and have now converted it to a .jpg. Thanks again though! smile.gif

I hope this link from my bookmarks can be helpful: http://cdr.altesign.com

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Oct 9 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #8

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

QUOTE (Matador @ Oct 9 2007, 04:13 PM) *
QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ May 9 2005, 08:58 PM) *

I hope this link from my bookmarks can be helpful: http://cdr.altesign.com

$15 to convert a file from .cdr to .jpg? Who would ever do that?

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Oct 9 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #9

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

QUOTE (CheeseMoose @ Oct 9 2007, 05:01 PM) *
$15 to convert a file from .cdr to .jpg? Who would ever do that?

Someone who doesn't care that they're converting from a vector based file format to a lossy raster format and therefore losing the ability to edit the image effectively and losing the image quality itself? tongue.gif

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Oct 9 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #10

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It strikes me as odd that a person would revive a two-year old thread for their first post too...

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 01:38 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!