IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happy Friday The 13th!, Random nothingness for today...
ShadowWolfenNinj...
post May 13 2005, 10:28 PM
Post #1

Do you know the muffin man? No seriously, Do you?

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,793

Hiya!

IT'S FRIDAY THE 13TH! YAY! I don't know why but I always have a good day on friday the 13ths, Its werid, but so am I. *shuge* Anyways, I'm a Noob, Well to this forum at least, So I firugred I'd ask everyone how their Friday the 13th was, you know, just to be nice. happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image See Gir dance, Dance Gir dance! user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tenacious C
post May 14 2005, 01:46 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,069

I had a good day today. Bonus on my paycheck, an additional check for being an election judge in April, I got a $20 gift card from a pharmacy, and the store had my shoe size in the shoes that I wanted really badly.

This is perhaps the best Friday the 13th I've ever had. o_o

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post May 14 2005, 04:11 AM
Post #3

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

I actually got through the whole day without thinking about it... turned on the news, and they had a segment on Friday the 13th. Today is the thirteenth? What a concept!

Meh. Ain't nothin' but a number...

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
beleraphon
post May 14 2005, 07:33 AM
Post #4

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,001

I had toothache all day sad.gif
Dentists today, either £150 to fix it or £20 to take it out.
Its at the back
I don't have £150 as I had to get my cats vaccinated last week
So goodbye tooth sad.gif

--------------------
Grass is taking over the world. Have you noticed it’s everywhere?

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post May 14 2005, 05:29 PM
Post #5

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I had a great Fri13. I'm not big on the superstitiuos thing though. I had a great drama lesson and a very deep conversation which was fun. Unfortunately I sent a stupid email tha I shouldn't have and regret it like hell. sad.gif

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 14 2005, 05:36 PM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well, my day pretty much sucked. My father, who had a lump removed from between his toes a couple of weeks ago, had an appointment to check him out more fully because they found that the lump was malignant. They told him that they are going to remove 1cm of flesh around the area to make sure that they get everything, meaning that he's going to lose his middle toe. They're also going to remove some lymph nodes from his groin area.

Technically this is good news, because it means they did the right thing in removing the lump when they did and they are treating it. Recovery rates from skin cancer are very good when they've caught it this early, but still. This unfortunately means that he's going to lose his job while recovering from the operation, and he was going to be doing tennis racket stringing at Wimbledon this year, which he also won't be able to do. He's a big tennis fan so it's a real shame for him to miss out on this, I know he was looking forward to it. My mother is working so they won't be going broke or anything like that but the money my dad was earning was very useful.

It hasn't helped that I needed to ask them for money to help pay the rent this month. The sales drop all across the UK has hit small shops quite hard so they aren't ordering a lot of my merchandise and all my savings have been stripped over the last nine-or-so months since I shut my online shop.

I decided to get absolutely toasted last night and so ended up drinking three beers and a rather nice but very reasonably priced bottle of chardonnay. I think it really helped because I feel a lot better for it today.

Today has gone a lot better. I did a tiny bit of free work for the nice ladies at http://www.snobzcorsets.com (just switching on a new logo for them) and this morning they phoned me and asked me to work more on their site's system, so that's going to give me enough money for the next couple of months hopefully.

It's fair to say that this Friday 13th really sucked big time for me, but again, it could've been a lot worse.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post May 14 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #7

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Mata, I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad.
I really hope they caught all the cancer with the chunk of foot. The lymph nodes are probably to check if the cancer has spread at all and hopefully won't have anything in 'em but the regular cells.
I hope things pick up, sales wise, very soon. That way your fans here will be able to say "Ah yes, I knew him when he was a poor soul like us. Who knew he'd be so rich? " smile.gif

Oh yeah, happy belated friday. It was pretty much a totally normal friday. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post May 14 2005, 09:58 PM
Post #8

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

It was a bad day. I had to get home early, and a usually empty bridge decided to screw up. mad.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post May 14 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #9

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

A friend of mine had her birthday party on the 13th.
One weirdo is bad enough, but if you get 6 of them together, complete chaos WILL break out.
Some of the girls decided that it would be a good idea to put paint in their hair. Half a bottle of conditioner and a hour later, we managed to get it all out.
Others insisted that the house had a ghost in it, and complete chaos broke out as promised.
We went through more candy and sugar than our body weight, and then decided to go out side at three in the morning to roller blade.

I think that even though I now have a horrible headache, It was a good day for me.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post May 16 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #10

Dirty Laundry

Turns out that my Friday 13th wasn't as great as I'd thought. One of the teachers at my school, who'd been off for about a year with a suspicious lump on his lung, died on Friday.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post May 16 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #11

Don't do that.

Member No.: 1,683

Oh god. You donít believe in suppression hay? Lol. Poor him! sad.gif

--------------------
Oscar.

who was e-kighted by Jimijimi, Sir Oscar. ...

My Webpage

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post May 16 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #12

Dirty Laundry

I'm very confused. How can you.. believe in suppression? blink.gif

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post May 16 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #13

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

My dad got his first parking ticket (£30) on Fri.13th for parking on double, double yellow lines. He didn't see the lines on the kerb, so thought he was allowed to park there (with a disability card). Turns out he can't, as the parking attendant joyfully pointed out. Next time, he'll know (or read the booklet more thoroughly wink.gif)

What made it worse was that, had the shop he was in not kept him waiting a ridiculously long time to find an item, he would have been out in time to drive off anyway (the ticket was slapped on the windscreen just as he approached his car).

Live and learn.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 05:20 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!