Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are You Watching?, Films and TV
I_am_the_best
post Jun 9 2005, 07:49 PM
Post #51

Dirty Laundry

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,573

I recently watched 'The Terminal'. Great film. But the sad thing is, it's based around a true story, except in the real one, the guy lived in the airport for 26 years!

a taped episode of "Joan of Arcadia"

I've been watching that recently too. Except, the main reason I watch it is because the kid with the glasses (Luke I think?) is fit. laugh.gif

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 11 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #52

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I watched 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' tonight. It was pretty good, but constantly torn between its desire to be really nasty and it's Hollywood need to not be too scary, so you never really feel like any of the characters are really in much danger, which pretty much defeats the point of it all.

It had some lovely elements though, the costumes in particular are fantastic. The end credits sequence has some very nice animation too smile.gif

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Jun 12 2005, 12:58 AM
Post #53

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

I'm still planning to Somehow steal that dress that Violet (Emily Browning, right?) is Wearing in that movie.
(This is the best picture that I could find of it: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=18000...=546728&intl=us )

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
ShadowWolfenNinj...
post Jun 12 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #54

Do you know the muffin man? No seriously, Do you?

Member No.: 1,793

I've seen that movie. I liked it and yet I hated it all at the same time. It very much isn't in many ways, As good as the books. All they really did was put the first three books into one movie. Plus the wedding near the end was surpose to be in the begining with the first book thing and the train scene was never even in the books! But I did like some things in the movie, such as the costumes, houses, charters. (Jim Carry was a funny Count Olaf ^.^) But still in my opinion they could've done better....

Oh, If it counts as anything...I've been watching all of the happy tree friend animations... @.@

--------------------
user posted image See Gir dance, Dance Gir dance! user posted image

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 12 2005, 11:50 PM
Post #55

QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jun 12 2005, 12:58 AM)
I'm still planning to Somehow steal that dress that Violet (Emily Browning, right?) is Wearing in that movie.
(This is the best picture that I could find of it: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=18000...=546728&intl=us )

http://www.earthlydelights.com.au/Images/c...fort_events.jpg

I see your point: there aren't many good pics of the outfits, this was the best I could find. 'Shame really because I thought the design was the strongest element in the film. Unlike the books, where there was an ever-present sense of threat, the film seemed to coast along without anything seeming to really bother the children.

Tonight I watched a trashy horror/cop film called 'The First Power', starring Lou Diamond Philips. It was about a cop trying to stay alive while being hunted by a serial killer that he convicted and sent to the gas chamber. The serial killer is back from the grave (spooky!) and possessing the bodies of innocents. It was actually rather fun, and occasionally managed to break out of expectations, which was rather surprising considering how generic it was. I was rather surprised that in 1990 it was still considered comic-relief to have policemen making sexist comments to policewomen, who then consider it a jolly good laugh instead of filing a sexual harassment lawsuit. It really shows how much has changed in only the last 15 years.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 13 2005, 09:05 AM
Post #56

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 11 2005, 11:34 PM)
I watched 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' tonight. It was pretty good, but constantly torn between its desire to be really nasty and it's Hollywood need to not be too scary, so you never really feel like any of the characters are really in much danger, which pretty much defeats the point of it all.

Yes, I enjoyed the film but did notice that it kept feeling like a producer had walked in during the filming, shaken his head and made them tone everything down to minimise complaints.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
ShadowWolfenNinj...
post Jun 21 2005, 11:49 PM
Post #57

Watched anger mangement the other day, Crazy, yet funny....

--------------------

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Jun 22 2005, 09:21 PM
Post #58

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Jun 12 2005, 12:58 AM)

ohmy.gif You... you... mindreader, you! Not before I steal it! Muahaha!

I've been watching Jacko recently. It's one of those tiny TV shows which only last about two minutes. It's on every week night at 10 on MTV2. It's about a little man called Jacko (he's a paper cut-out) who wants to make it as a photo model but his neck is too fat. All the other characters are real people. It is very random. For examples, today it started with (in a very thick swedish (?) accent) 'I can see the bus. It is double. Is it s-s-ingle or d-double?'

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jun 23 2005, 10:30 AM
Post #59

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Member No.: 1,379

FairieRyn's very kindly lent me "The 10th Kingdom" - bonza

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
ShadowWolfenNinj...
post Jun 27 2005, 01:56 AM
Post #60

Saw Batman the other day, was actually pretty good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 27 2005, 02:20 AM
Post #61

As in Batman Begins? Yes, it's not bad is it? It's good to see that they've got the series back on track.

I saw 'From Hell' for the second time tonight. I saw it first in the cinema when it came out a few years ago. I enjoyed the film then, but in the meantime I've read the graphic novel so now I'm aware of just how much as been excised to try and fit the story into a film. I still liked it (if you can ever really 'like' or 'enjoy' a film about a real-life serial killer of prostitutes) but the immense depth, style, and power of the book dwarfs the cinematic version. If you've never read it then I highly recommend it!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jun 27 2005, 12:00 PM
Post #62

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

I've been watching South Park recently...lots of South Park.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
ShadowWolfenNinj...
post Jun 28 2005, 01:02 AM
Post #63

OH MY GOD! THEY KILLED KENNY! (Kenny rocks \m/>.<\m/) The new new espiodes are really werid O.o....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 28 2005, 11:53 AM
Post #64

They are rather odd, I saw a couple last night. More importantly, before that I watched the end of the latest season of 24. My goodness I love that program! Jack Bauer running around shouting 'we need to take him alive' then pumping suspects full of holes, people continually being shot, tazered, abducted, etc. then happily going on for the next fifteen hours without popping to the loo. Great stuff!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
over_the_aybss
post Jun 28 2005, 02:46 PM
Post #65

over_the_abyss

Member No.: 1,751

I get to see Princess Monoke again, which is an amazing film.

I've also been watching the show HOUSE a lot lately. Hugh Laurie is really good in serious roles, I think I enjoy it more in him.
Even though Blackadder is one of the best comedys in a looong time. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Nothing in the world is going to change until one can see out of all eyes. Then maybe there will be a chance to understand.

"All my religious beliefs are based on Star Wars."-Mike Dirnt.
Click to see image! (Sorry OTA, the sig was too big so I've trimmed out the image. Maybe resize it? - Mata)

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jun 28 2005, 04:32 PM
Post #66

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

I am about to watch Waking Life. Will post feedback shortly...

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Jun 28 2005, 04:50 PM
Post #67

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

The Big Lebowski. I liked it quite a bunch, particularly Flea. However, it was more one of those movies you appreciate more than you laugh at (if that makes any sense). Highly quotable.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
ShadowWolfenNinj...
post Jul 2 2005, 09:30 PM
Post #68

....I watched Beetlejuice.......for the 4th time in a row now.....dry.gif>_> What?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jul 10 2005, 09:43 PM
Post #69

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Watched The Machinest this evening with Christian Bale. I thought it was very interesting, not at all what I was expecting but extremely good as a film.

I've been singing Mr Bale's praises for many many years now and I this just really confirms how adaptable he can be.

Although, in Batmans Begins I found that he made a fantastic Bruce Wayne but a terrible Batman. Surprising how a mask can make the whole difference.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Jul 10 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #70

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Concurred. I was actually quite a fan of Batman when I saw it--I loved the Scarecrow subplot and the overall niftyness of the story. Kate Holmes has now gained a very small bit of respect for managing to come off as halfway believable in her role.

I also saw War of the Worlds today (the cinema ate all of my money!) and goggled at the special effects. Again, the plot was quite good (not that I can attribute it to the writers, though, as it's been a book, a radio drama and a movie already) but the goodness was traded at the end for utterly implausibe sap, which sounds like a ridiculous critisism considering it is an alien movie, but implausibility should never be used to achieve Disney-amimated endings. End critique.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jul 10 2005, 11:05 PM
Post #71

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Label Kills, the first skate video from Black Label.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Jul 11 2005, 07:51 AM
Post #72

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

Watched 'I heart Huckabees' over the weekend. Admittedly, I was a bit the worse for wear, but I feel like it went over my head a bit. Proper weird film.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jul 11 2005, 08:23 AM
Post #73

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

Ah, I loved I Heart Huckabees. Yes, it's very weird... enjoyed it a lot though.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
zivane
post Jul 11 2005, 10:18 AM
Post #74

Goddess of Purple Froot Loops

From: various, Jacksonville, Florida, USA, Earth, solar system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
Member No.: 1,682

...Sleepy Hollow and From Hell. Both Johnny Depp playing detective who falls in love with some cute chic type films... only he's squeamish and with a past in one and an opium lover in the other. Johnny Depp is love. Those were watched the past two nights. With lots of chocolate chip cookie dough chocolate ice cream. Yum. And there was Legally Blonde silliness today. Hoorah.

Only a few more days... the plan: see a late showing of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then head over to Barnes and Noble just after midnight to pick up the new Harry Potter book (reserved, with my name on it... I'm such a loser).

--------------------
hawtt?! perfect ^.^

niao! ^.^ mr. cheeseiemooseys n00b - kinda, eh?

t3h uber 1337 LJ monster Little Gamers Web Comic My Space

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jul 11 2005, 02:13 PM
Post #75

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

I quite liked The Machinist, but I had to watch Equallibruim after to restore the hottie balance to my feelings for Christian Bale. Me, superficail? -Never *attention is drawn to a topless Justin Timberlake poster* woo *wonders off*

I've been watching Missy Elliot's Lose Control video (Dir: Dave Meyers & Missy) alot over the last week. I really like it, the bit where the people are dancing in the windy dusty place, is really energetic, and not pure booty dance, which I respect.

I remember the first Missy video that made an impact on me, it was She's a Bitch. Missy's in a blown up PVC catsuit! How great is that? And I like the fact that Missy doesn't take every oppourtunity to show skin. I think the reason that I really enjoy Missy Elliot videos so much is because they arn't your hip-hop Hype Williams style (not that I've seen any of his newer stuff. Infact I haven't got MTV, so I have't been watching _any_ music videos really). -Which was nice, and refreashing when it first came out. But it's boring now, in contrast I've found that most of Missy's videos I've seen to be more interesting, and have differant enviroment going on each time.

This post has been edited by funked)out_frog: Jul 11 2005, 02:18 PM

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th November 2014 - 09:37 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!