> What Are You Playing?, Games!
Mata
post Jun 3 2005, 09:59 AM
Post #51

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Jonman @ Jun 2 2005, 04:13 PM)
Pyschonauts. And it's ace. Really really ace[...] is ostensibly a me-too 3D action platformer

You like a platform game? Blimey, now I've heard everything! I can't say I even remember anything about it. What format is it?

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 3 2005, 01:08 PM
Post #52

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

It's Xbox and PC, Mata, with a Playstation 2 version due out at some point or other.

My full copy of Uplink came in the post today biggrin.gif Hacking simulators! Wahey!

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jun 3 2005, 01:11 PM
Post #53

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,105

Dicking around with the Ratchet and Clank series lately. Best platformers EVER.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Jun 3 2005, 01:45 PM
Post #54

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 3 2005, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (Jonman @ Jun 2 2005, 04:13 PM)
Pyschonauts. And it's ace. Really really ace[...] is ostensibly a me-too 3D action platformer

You like a platform game? Blimey, now I've heard everything! I can't say I even remember anything about it. What format is it?

Oi! I've liked platform games since forever. It's 3rd person action games that often bore me silly (Ico, Bloodrayne, President Weasel to name but 3 games that despite critical and peer acclaim I've failed miserably to enjoy). Been playing platformers constantly since Speccy, mate.

Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank series, Mario series, Billy Hatcher, Sonic series....played and enjoyed all of the above in recent years. And that's without even considering all the GBA platformers I've played of late.

The more I think about it, the more I think I do actually enjoy 3rd person games, but I just have a very low tolerance for less than stellar game design. Whereas I'll forgive any number of critical design flaws as long as they're embedded in a game that allows levelling up, equipment to be equipped, and evil to be thwarted through the medium of random battles.

Speaking of which, I played Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath last night ,and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think that fluidity of control (both character and camera) are a big factor in my enjoyment of these games of late. Bloodrayne pee'd me off so much I returned it to the shop and exchanged it, beacuse both character and camera movement were jerky and horrible.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 3 2005, 04:08 PM
Post #55

Oddworld strikes me as one of the best reasons to get an XBox, it looks just like my cup of tea. That's first person though, isn't it?

I'm surprised you liked Billy Hatcher. Normally I'll play anything that involves 3D worlds and jumping all the way to the end, but after putting in a couple of hours I found that I just didn't care enough to go back to it.

When I said 'platform games' I really meant 3rd person. I remember your obsession with Switchblade on the speccy!

I can't say I remember seeing much about the _game_ Bloodrayne. I've seen a fair few things about the character's skimpy outfits and Bloodrayne-inspired cosplay, but I have no recall whatsoever about what the game is like.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Jun 3 2005, 04:14 PM
Post #56

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

Warcraft III and I'm getting near to finishing it... whoo!!

I love the warcraft games, although I think I prefere II to III because I don't really like the story behind III, it's not terribly believable but I do like the "heros" because it gives some consistency.

--------------------
IPB Image
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
ShadowWolfenNinj...
post Jun 3 2005, 08:33 PM
Post #57

Do you know the muffin man? No seriously, Do you?

Member No.: 1,793

O.o Billy hatcher *shivers* I got bad memories of that load of Shatspazzers >.< It scared me badly...

I haven't played Jak 3 yet, But I hear it's pretty good, Been fidling around with the .hack seris games, And I can't wait for kingdom hearts 2 to come out (Well its more of a 3 really since they made that chain of memories thingy) But I think disney and them shoulda rated it T, I mean, Even though it IS disney, its not really that kiddieish.

Oh, by the way mata, I don't know why, It was real late last night but on the Sims 2 universy In one of the dourms I got O.o I made a person who looks slightly like you... (And your living with a pink social bunny so you know @.@) *smacks self in head with nail filled dead cat* I....DON'T....KNOW....WHY....I DID....IT! >.<

--------------------
user posted image See Gir dance, Dance Gir dance! user posted image

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 3 2005, 10:21 PM
Post #58

QUOTE (ShadowWolfenNinja @ Jun 3 2005, 09:33 PM)
Oh, by the way mata, I don't know why, It was real late last night but on the Sims 2 universy In one of the dourms I got O.o I made a person who looks slightly like you...

As a mod I must demand that you take screenshots and show us biggrin.gif Along with updating us on Mata's progress.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 3 2005, 11:23 PM
Post #59

As the site admin I also demand that this happens! (If only to see what people who've not met me think that I look like...)

I felt Jak 2 lost a lot of what made the first game so much fun, i.e. great level design, a lack of guns, a decent system for identifying where things might be hidden... And many other things. It still was better than many 3D platform games but it didn't grab me the same way as Jak & Daxter.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 4 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #60

My direction

Member No.: 495

How'd I miss this thread? blink.gif

Well in any case...

PC:
World of Warcraft - When I can, mum won't have it in her house cos she thinks I'll get addicted and play before I do work... which is fair enough
Baldur's gate 2
BG2 Throne of Baal (expansion)
Age of Mythology - With my litle sister...
Icewind Dale - I will complete it someday, I swear!
And, until very recently, Dark Age of Camelot.

Xbox:
Dead or alive 3 - Leifang/Helena and Kasumi being my ultimate team of feminine death biggrin.gif

PS2 (At a friend's house so not all the time):
Dead or alive 2/3
Burnout
Tekken tag
Halflife
SSX2 -Havent played that in ages... wonder if it's available on Xbox *scuttles off to amazon*

So there you have it... these are the current games.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Jun 5 2005, 10:57 AM
Post #61

Duck Hunter S Thompson

QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 3 2005, 05:08 PM)
Oddworld strikes me as one of the best reasons to get an XBox, it looks just like my cup of tea. That's first person though, isn't it?

It is nice. Jaw-droppingly lovely to look at too. The depth-of-field blurring that the binoculors (sp?) use is awesome.

It's both 3rd and 1st person. You can freely switch between the two with a click of the R-stick. You need to be in 1st person to shoot. It's really well implemented. Very slick.

I'm surprised you liked Billy Hatcher. Normally I'll play anything that involves 3D worlds and jumping all the way to the end, but after putting in a couple of hours I found that I just didn't care enough to go back to it.

Bought it for Kat initially - she absolutely loves platformers. But I quite enjoyed it. It certainly wasn't without flaws, and got very very frustrating further on.

I can't say I remember seeing much about the _game_ Bloodrayne. I've seen a fair few things about the character's skimpy outfits and Bloodrayne-inspired cosplay, but I have no recall whatsoever about what the game is like.

There's good reason for that. The characters outfits are far more memorable than the gameplay. In fact, if the gameplay was magically turned into some clothes, it would be a plain white short sleeved shirt. Boring, uninteresting and the same as what everyone else has.

--------------------

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Jun 5 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #62

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ Jun 4 2005, 08:39 PM)
PC:
World of Warcraft - When I can, mum won't have it in her house cos she thinks I'll get addicted and play before I do work... which is fair enough

And god is she right to. Forget 'Evercrack', more like World of Warcrack. It's sooo damn addictive. It's one of the reasons I'm gonna end up with mediocre AS results.

Curse you Blizzard! Bastards!

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 5 2005, 07:48 PM
Post #63

My direction

Member No.: 495

QUOTE (little_bear @ Jun 5 2005, 05:55 PM)
And god is she right to.  Forget 'Evercrack', more like World of Warcrack.  It's sooo damn addictive.  It's one of the reasons I'm gonna end up with mediocre AS results.

Curse you Blizzard!  Bastards!

I know. She's too late anyway. She let me play Bg2 here, so Im on BG2 all the time here and WoW at dad's.

Goodbye, AS.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jun 6 2005, 08:06 PM
Post #64

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Haha, my copy of Neverwinter Nights will be my ultimate downfall...but I don't care! Muhahahaha.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Jun 7 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #65

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Had a bash of Resident Evil 4 the other day too. I ran through some spooky woods, shot a buttload of nasty villager people, then ran out of bullets, hid in a house, then went toe-to-toe with a bloke with a bag over his head wielding a chainsaw. I was armed with a knife. The result was unsuprising in outcome, but suprising in it's graphicness as my character was neatly decapitated.

Having chatted with a friend who's recently played through it - he reminded me that it's Resident Evil, so you need to be a bit wary of indiscrimate blasting, as ammo is a little scarce.

And also that it's often wise to run away from crowds of nasty folk.

Clearly, I've been playing too many games that involve out-and-out blasting, of late.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 7 2005, 09:31 AM
Post #66

Ah, there's little warms my heart as much as a series of precise, carefully-executed headshots...

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShadowWolfenNinj...
post Jun 7 2005, 06:26 PM
Post #67

Since just moving in and getting Da's old computer (Which I'm sad to say is much better then my poor excuse of one...) having to re-install sims and re-make all the charaters and junk. AND if you remember Mata you have pics of yourself on the website . So I think thats were I got it from. In any case, I'll try and get screenshots (As soon As I figure out the damsplit thing! >.<) My friend back at my old house can help me with that, And I'll tell progess if you really want me too. O.o, One thing for certain.....

.....Mata made out with Ms. Pink social bunny.....or was it a he?....*goes to think about this*

ANYWAYS, Been playing .hack//outbreck again....Been getting stuck again....Been kill my controller and well you know >_>

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShadowWolfenNinj...
post Jun 14 2005, 02:10 AM
Post #68

Latest update on Mata Sim:

Because My friend Rebecca And I made Mata on The Sims 2 university game she has back at her house. (Or Damien as he's known on that) And because I have moved and don't have the sims 2 university, I made him on my new sims 2 game. Basically same thing (Btw, Everyday outfit is matrix style! ^.^) But instead he's married to his pink social bunny wife. (used cheat code to get bunny outfit) Named Fwuffykin and Has a teenaged alien daughter named Jamie. ^.^ (I tired to get her alien eyes, it didn't work) And is currently a E.MT as job. (They don't have young adult, sorry only on other sim....thingys...) Oh, His name not be Mata on it, it be Jake 'cause I made it that way so there! XP And besides the fact he's always hungry and passing out on the floor he's perfectly fine ^.^,,, Oh, I got snapshots of him and his Bunny wife here making' out if anybody wants me to post 'em.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 14 2005, 01:19 PM
Post #69

This sounds all very disturbing, but I'd still like to see them.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jun 17 2005, 12:13 AM
Post #70

Playing through Tales of Symphonia now... it's good. Real good. I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

--------------------
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Jun 17 2005, 05:41 AM
Post #71

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

And clearly the person who leant it tois amazing happy.gif [/pure spam]

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Jul 9 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #72

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

My sister's friend has let us borrow her copy of The Sims (it's the Deluxe Edition too!) which we're going to have to uninstall before my dad gets home from his business trip. But for now, My mom's been having a hard time prying me away from the computer. (I had forgotton how addicting that game is!)

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 10 2005, 01:15 AM
Post #73

I've picked up a very cheap copy of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow on the Gamecube. It's not bad, but it has aspects that are very frustrating. I think a delicate balance needs to be struck between the need for a game to be challenging and literal accuracy to military situations.

More than Splinter Cell, Sues and I have been playing through Medievil on the PS1. The level design is simple, but effective, the characterisation is fantastic (especially the use of over-played British regional accents), and the gameplay always feels fair. The longevity of the game is preserved by the scale and variety of the levels, not through streching everything that they have so thin that you coast through whole sections. Modern designers could do a lot worse than study Medievil when making their new games. The very fact that it's a PS1 game that we are both happily going back to and enjoying says a lot about the quality of the design.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post Jul 10 2005, 02:34 AM
Post #74

I'm finally getting around to finishing up Metroid Prime on the Gamecube. I'm not particularly good at first person shooters, but it's fun.

--------------------
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Jul 10 2005, 04:07 AM
Post #75

o_O

Member No.: 1,229

Currently I'm working through Baten Kaitos. It's surprisingly good for a card-based battle system.

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 09:06 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!