IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Happy Matazone Anniversary, Matazone Anniversaries.
Aislinn Faye
post May 17 2005, 06:07 AM
Post #1

My cute little Aislinn!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,123

My god I hope I spelled that right....Anyway, I don't know if there is already a thread like this, but it is now 2:02 eastern time, so it's my Matazone anniversary May 17th, 2004 I joined Matazone and today is my one year anniversary of being a Matazone memeber. So ya, if you have an anniversary and you wanna announce it, this is the thread for you!

Yay for one year anniversary! I've never been so committed.. blush.gif

I wub you guys. wub.gif

And thank you everyone for putting up with my "...." fetish. That's me thinking. ph34r.gif

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post May 19 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Happy Mataday! biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post May 19 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #3

Don't do that.

Member No.: 1,683

yay! Matacake all round!

--------------------
Oscar.

who was e-kighted by Jimijimi, Sir Oscar. ...

My Webpage

+Quote Post
JimiJimi
post Sep 23 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #4

I'm afraid I'm back.

Member No.: 1,308

Just realised today was my first Mataversary. Cool!

Well, I don't think I've ever been commited to anything for quite so long ever before, and I'd like to say thanks to you all and to Mata for making such a great place!

Matazone really means a lot to me, and aswell as providing a mature community for which to discuss problems, it has also cut my productivity quite a fair bit tongue.gif

I could ramble on all day, so I'm just gonna say thanks once again, and maybe use it as an excuse to hunt down some beer in the many cupboards of my house.

Thanks so much, guys!

--------------------

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Sep 23 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #5

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

Yay! Happy matabirthday! smile.gif I think this calls for more cake.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Twirly_Faerie
post Sep 23 2005, 04:17 PM
Post #6

More proficient guppy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 2,036

*hands around pretty looking cookies* Yey a MataParty on my first day here! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JimiJimi
post Sep 23 2005, 04:32 PM
Post #7

I'm afraid I'm back.

There shalt be cake, and the cake shalt be good.

Not only is it my first mataversary but it's my 2,439th post. That's got to be some kind of landmark. 2+4+3+9=18, 18+1= 19 (one for first mataversary), 19+1=20 (one for cake), and 20+several million (because Matazone is so ace).

That makes several million and twenty, which is one helluva landmark post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 23 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #8

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

There is indeed a thread like this already, but I can't be bothered to dig it up.

Cath created it for me in Daft when I mentioned in the useless info thread (I think that's where it was, anyway) that I'd been on Matazone exactly a year. I think the title is "Happy Mataday Cand!" wub.gif It then became a thread for people announcing it was their Mataday, though obviously it's gotten buried in Daft now.

And Jimi, I have NO idea what you are on about with all those numbers... blink.gif Seriously, all I have to say to that is...huh?

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
JimiJimi
post Sep 24 2005, 09:31 AM
Post #9

I'm afraid I'm back.

Huh is a good word which doesn't like to conform to the other defining factors of wordkind.

Or to put it another way, it's not in my dictionary.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 24 2005, 01:55 PM
Post #10

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Sep 24 2005, 02:31 AM)
Hus is a good word which doesn't like to conform to the other defining factors of wordkind.

Or to put it another way, it's not in my dictionary.

Hus isn't in my dictionary either.

Huh on the other hand is a very recognisable sound which pretty much universally means "What on earth are you talking about?"

tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Sep 24 2005, 02:01 PM
Post #11

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Sep 23 2005, 05:32 PM)
There shalt be cake, and the cake shalt be good.

Not only is it my first mataversary but it's my 2,439th post. That's got to be some kind of landmark. 2+4+3+9=18, 18+1= 19 (one for first mataversary), 19+1=20 (one for cake), and 20+several million (because Matazone is so ace).

That makes several million and twenty, which is one helluva landmark post.

Is there some point to the fake numerology crap? It's even less likely to work or make sense if you add in random numbers.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
JimiJimi
post Sep 24 2005, 02:02 PM
Post #12

I'm afraid I'm back.

Although looking up all seven words in a dictionary would be a time consuming (yet worthwhile) way to spend an afternoon, I would much advise any passing beetles to learn English instead.

And no, there is no point in the 'fake numerology crap'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wytukaze
post Sep 24 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #13

Carcinogenic Donkey

Member No.: 1,656

I have found 'huh' in two dictionaries:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/huh

Or, if you happen to have something against a collaborative dictionary project, try:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=huh

Which is an excerpt from the AHD, which is a rather professional dictionary indeed.

--------------------

JERUSALEM, Israel (AP) - In response to Israel's denial of water to the West Bank, HAMAS released three cheetahs in West Jerusalem, where they went on a killing spree, mauling four Jews and injuring thirteen.

TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) - Following a cheetah attack on West Jerusalem perpetrated by the majority HAMAS party, the Israeli Air Force retaliated by detonating twenty kiloton nuclear devices over Gaza City, Jenin, Nablus, Rafah, and Ramallah.

ASHDOD, Israel (AP) - As a result of the atomic bombings of five Palestinian cities, a 50-foot tall reptile has woken from its million-year slumber in the Mediterranean Sea. The monster has made landfall at Ashdod and obliterated the city. Eyewitnesses report that the monster left the destroyed city heading southeast.

+Quote Post
Wytukaze
post Sep 24 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #14

Carcinogenic Donkey

Oh, and just for the record, if you search the AHD for 'hus', it turns up the name of Jan Hus, leader of the Hussites.

And on that note, since cand did ask me on IRC, 'hus' is a word in Norwegian, Danish and Swedish, meaning 'house'. (The same word and meaning also occurs in Old English (that is, Anglo-Saxon, for the terminology-impaired), though in modern orthography it is written 'hús', to avoid confusion.)

--------------------

JERUSALEM, Israel (AP) - In response to Israel's denial of water to the West Bank, HAMAS released three cheetahs in West Jerusalem, where they went on a killing spree, mauling four Jews and injuring thirteen.

TEL AVIV, Israel (AP) - Following a cheetah attack on West Jerusalem perpetrated by the majority HAMAS party, the Israeli Air Force retaliated by detonating twenty kiloton nuclear devices over Gaza City, Jenin, Nablus, Rafah, and Ramallah.

ASHDOD, Israel (AP) - As a result of the atomic bombings of five Palestinian cities, a 50-foot tall reptile has woken from its million-year slumber in the Mediterranean Sea. The monster has made landfall at Ashdod and obliterated the city. Eyewitnesses report that the monster left the destroyed city heading southeast.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 24 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #15

Candbrush Threepwood

I realize what all the words in your post meant, thank you. I was asking about the numbers.

Stop being so silly, Jimi. I am perfectly aware that saying "huh" is not proper English, but had the thought ever occured to you that I don't care? I'm talking on an online forum in a thread about celebrating ones anniversary on said forum. It's not like I'm having a conversation with the queen or something. My post conforms to the rules of this forum...and is informal.

"Huh" is just a word I say when I'm on informal terms with someone. Though I did get rather used to saying "pardon" while I was in the UK since people giggled at the way I said "huh." dry.gif

But if you think you warrant as formal terms as the queen, I shall have to practice my curtsey. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JimiJimi
post Sep 24 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #16

I'm afraid I'm back.

QUOTE (candice @ Sep 24 2005, 03:15 PM)
Stop being so silly, Jimi.  I am perfectly aware that saying "huh" is not proper English, but had the thought ever occured to you that I don't care?  I'm talking on an online forum in a thread about celebrating ones anniversary on said forum.  It's not like I'm having a conversation with the queen or something.

What? I've got nothing against saying huh, I say it all the time - and what implied that I was forcing you to speak in correct English? I was merely saying some random stupidness which often comes into my head at the strangest of moments. I wasn't referring to you, I was infact referring to the beetle which was crawling along my floor at that particular moment. tongue.gif

Right, now I've got that cleared up, I just want to know how 'huh' is used to express interrogation...

blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Wytukaze
post Sep 24 2005, 02:30 PM
Post #17

Carcinogenic Donkey

QUOTE (JimiJimi @ Sep 24 2005, 02:25 PM)
<snip>

Right, now I've got that cleared up, I just want to know how 'huh' is used to express interrogation...

blink.gif

Well, there's two answers to that. For the first, refer to the links I posted a little earlier.

For the second, well, it's a little patronising. Any word is interrogative if used with a rising tone, or, as here, indicating it with a '?', in English. So, for example, 'CAKE!' is not interrogative, but 'CAKE!?' most certainly is.

So, in other words, 'huh?' gets the interrogative marker on two points, making it doubly interrogative. How's that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Sep 30 2005, 12:56 AM
Post #18

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

I'm announcing my two and a half years anniversary - I figure I'm about there now. :)

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Sep 30 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #19

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Mine is tomorrow- incidentally the day before my birthday.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Oct 1 2005, 12:36 PM
Post #20

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

I missed my Mataday this year sad.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Oct 1 2005, 01:07 PM
Post #21

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Happy Mataday Elphaba smile.gif

*hugs for Cath*

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Oct 1 2005, 04:33 PM
Post #22

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Thank you! smile.gif

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Nov 18 2005, 05:58 PM
Post #23

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

I've been here for a year today! Yay!

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Wytukaze
post Feb 21 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #24

Carcinogenic Donkey

So, I came onto IRC today, as usual, and was told it's my Mataday. So, I thought I'd better actually post at least once a year, so hooray! Congratulate me on joining a forum a year ago!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Feb 22 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #25

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (Cath @ Oct 1 2005, 12:36 PM)
I missed my Mataday this year sad.gif

I missed mine last year, and possibly the year before too. I can't remember laugh.gif I'll remember this year....oh yes....I will evil.gif It's 17th June I think *goes to check*

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 08:00 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!