IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Moshers In Adliongton
Tom
post May 27 2005, 06:28 AM
Post #1

Dont Worry, I Dont Know Where I Am Either!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,800

What do you think about moshers?Do you think this mad.gif or huh.gif or biggrin.gif .
(I meen the a person that walks around in baggy pants and and jumpers) dry.gif

--------------------
Dont Try And Save Me Im Alrealdy Dead
Tis My Forum Please Join It Would Meen Loads
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
little_bear
post May 27 2005, 06:34 AM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

What, pray tell, is a "mosher"?

EDIT: I should make it clear that I don't intend to 'vote' on this particular topic. It all seems a bit...judgemental. Let people live how the want to live; we're all brothers.

Except maybe women, who would be 'sisters'. Yes. ¨_¨

Nice covering there Johnny.

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 27 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

('Moshing' is a bit like a slowed down version of headbanging, flipping the long hair backwards and forwards in time with music.)

In what sense do you mean?

People who mosh as people to go drinking with? Quite nice and their black clothes are easy on the eye.

People who mosh at gigs? Depends on the music, sometimes it fits, and that's fine, sometimes it's just people who mosh to anything at all and then the whip-effect of the hair can be really annoying.

People who mosh as work-colleagues? Fun to work with because they usually actually have a life outside of what they do for a living, unlike many people in the workforce.

I do find it annoying to be constantly slapped in the face by someone else's hair, but it pretty much goes with the scene so you either put up with it or stand back.

Now, you could be meaning 'moshers' in reference to people who decide that a great idea is to propel themselves around into other people at gigs. For them, a sign of a good gig is the vast number of bruises on their body and dirty looks in their memory. I think that's extending the term 'mosher' into 'wannabe punk', which is something else. I'm just pleased that most of them haven't found out that punks would have spitting fights at gigs too. These are also the kind of people who don't realise that punk died around 1977 and that all we have left is a cultural echo without the political impact.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Novander
post May 27 2005, 03:18 PM
Post #4

Take apart your head

Member No.: 1,599

I like moshing at gigs (depending on the music, of course). I've found the majority of mosh pits are strangely friendly places; much friendlier than the dancefloors of the urban club scene. I don't think you can define 'moshers' as a subgroup of society, though, so I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Many substantially different sub-groups of the 'alternative' scene include moshing as part of their stereotyped activities.

Also, can I draw your attention to rule number 5. I assume that Addington/Adliongton is your home town, but in two different posts you've spelt it in two different ways. Good english is important to these forums, as described in this thread.

--------------------
IPB Image
I exist on Last.fm, LiveJournal and Facebook. And occasionally in Real Life.

+Quote Post
Tom
post May 30 2005, 07:00 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Mata @ May 27 2005, 01:53 PM)
('Moshing' is a bit like a slowed down version of headbanging, flipping the long hair backwards and forwards in time with music.)

In what sense do you mean?

People who mosh as people to go drinking with? Quite nice and their black clothes are easy on the eye.

People who mosh at gigs? Depends on the music, sometimes it fits, and that's fine, sometimes it's just people who mosh to anything at all and then the whip-effect of the hair can be really annoying.

People who mosh as work-colleagues? Fun to work with because they usually actually have a life outside of what they do for a living, unlike many people in the workforce.

I do find it annoying to be constantly slapped in the face by someone else's hair, but it pretty much goes with the scene so you either put up with it or stand back.

Now, you could be meaning 'moshers' in reference to people who decide that a great idea is to propel themselves around into other people at gigs. For them, a sign of a good gig is the vast number of bruises on their body and dirty looks in their memory. I think that's extending the term 'mosher' into 'wannabe punk', which is something else. I'm just pleased that most of them haven't found out that punks would have spitting fights at gigs too. These are also the kind of people who don't realise that punk died around 1977 and that all we have left is a cultural echo without the political impact.

I meen like the person who walk around in hoodys and baggy pants

--------------------

+Quote Post
HoldenCaulfield
post May 30 2005, 10:50 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,769

whats wrong with them? people should be able to wear whatever they want and baggy jeans and hoodies are neither threatening nor offensive....
i personally find (many people wearing) those clothes quite attractive... wink.gif

--------------------
Wish I could show you
Wish you could see through my eyes
Tomorrow shines through
But Iím missing yesterday

+Quote Post
Tom
post May 30 2005, 12:58 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (HoldenCaulfield @ May 30 2005, 10:50 AM)
whats wrong with them? people should be able to wear whatever they want and baggy jeans and hoodies are neither threatening nor offensive....
i personally find (many people wearing) those clothes quite attractive...  wink.gif

I didnt say i didnt like them.I am a MOSHER dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 30 2005, 03:01 PM
Post #8

HoldenCaulfield didn't say that she didn't like them either.

There is a place in the UK that has banned people from wearing hooded tops because too many people were wearing them, hiding their faces from the security cameras, and then stealing things. While it seems daft to ban a whole style of clothing and to group together a whole mass of people with varying social attitudes, I can also see their point. There are signs in most shops saying that helmets aren't allowed because they hide the face so why should hoodies be any different?

Personally I have no feelings in either direction about 'moshers', or whatever name you want to call them. I've met some lovely ones and I've met others that constantly feel sorry for themselves despite there not really being anything actually bad happening in their lives... Just like every other group of people.

It's seems wrong to ban a group of people for their clothing choice, but there are reasonable security reasons. When you remove the security issue then it is clearly wrong to say that 'moshers' are all nice, or all depressed, or all grumpy, or all lovely, when they are just as diverse as any other group of people.

Is a MOSHER different to a 'mosher'? Is one more serious than another? biggrin.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post May 30 2005, 05:33 PM
Post #9

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Mata @ May 30 2005, 03:01 PM)
Is a MOSHER different to a 'mosher'? Is one more serious than another? biggrin.gif

It's an acronym. Member Of Shadowy Home Entertainment Rodeo.

*is in a sarcastic mood today... apologies*

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Tom
post May 30 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Mata @ May 30 2005, 03:01 PM)
HoldenCaulfield didn't say that she didn't like them either.

There is a place in the UK that has banned people from wearing hooded tops because too many people were wearing them, hiding their faces from the security cameras, and then stealing things. While it seems daft to ban a whole style of clothing and to group together a whole mass of people with varying social attitudes, I can also see their point. There are signs in most shops saying that helmets aren't allowed because they hide the face so why should hoodies be any different?

Personally I have no feelings in either direction about 'moshers', or whatever name you want to call them. I've met some lovely ones and I've met others that constantly feel sorry for themselves despite there not really being anything actually bad happening in their lives... Just like every other group of people.

It's seems wrong to ban a group of people for their clothing choice, but there are reasonable security reasons. When you remove the security issue then it is clearly wrong to say that 'moshers' are all nice, or all depressed, or all grumpy, or all lovely, when they are just as diverse as any other group of people.

No theres no differents smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 30 2005, 11:29 PM
Post #11

So the question then is really: what do we think of a generic group of people who are only distinguished by their sense of dress? My answer then: most of them seem nice if you don't get them when they're feeling tetchy in a group situation, just like everyone else.

So, in an attempt to continue the thread: why do you ask? Do you often face prejudice for dressing the way you do? And if you do face prejudice, how do you respond to it, do you confirm and reinforce a stereotype or do you surprise people?

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Tom
post May 31 2005, 05:12 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Mata @ May 30 2005, 11:29 PM)
why do you ask?

I just wanted to see what people think about moshers and because I'm mosher that meens what people think about me.Oh and thanks for all that stuff you gave me,it will come in handy. biggrin.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sky
post May 31 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #13

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,375

When I was wee we used to mosh at the end of school discos when the slow songs come on. With air guitar.

I have moshy hair.

--------------------
my adopter's better than yours!

With a prompter in every cellar window wispering comebacks, shy people would have the last laugh.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 1 2005, 01:40 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (little twit @ May 31 2005, 05:12 AM)
I just wanted to see what people think about moshers and because I'm mosher that meens what people think about me.Oh and thanks for all that stuff you gave me,it will come in handy.  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif  smile.gif

We tend to judge people on who they are, not what they are, partially because 'what' people are is often very vague. People usually think I'm a goth,a cyberpunk, or punk, but they're all wrong. I'm a person, just as distinguished and equally as average as anyone else. Accepting that I have many things that are very normal makes me happier to accept the bits that are different. Don't worry about labels; they won't do you much good.

Sky: I know this will make me feel even older than I already do after seeing that you're fifteen, but what do you class as being 'wee'?

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Sky
post Jun 1 2005, 10:12 PM
Post #15

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,375

Primary school...

But I meant wee-sized. I'm not pining for my lost youth yet. I'm 16.

--------------------
my adopter's better than yours!

With a prompter in every cellar window wispering comebacks, shy people would have the last laugh.

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Jun 2 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #16

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

I like moshing now and then. I like getting in a pit and bumping around getting cuts, bruises, and broke my nose a while back. it's all in the heat of the moment, y'know?
Just respect the poeple around you. Not everyone goes there for that.
And if someone falls over, help them up before they get hurt.
If a fight starts, drag them apart and let them cool down.
Then get back into the music.

But it's been a while since I did that. Recently I've just been dancing or headbanging. Damn I love my hair straighteners... now I can headbang without my long hair turning into a frizzy afro.

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jun 2 2005, 08:48 AM
Post #17

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Damn I love my hair straighteners... now I can headbang without my long hair turning into a frizzy afro.

*sucks air in through her teeth* There are some things you really should keep to yourself. tongue.gif

purdy little girlie girl.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Calantyr
post Jun 2 2005, 02:12 PM
Post #18

Perfection Personified

Member No.: 1,548

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jun 2 2005, 09:48 AM)
*sucks air in through her teeth* There are some things you really should keep to yourself.  tongue.gif

purdy little girlie girl.

*slaps*

I am secure in my masculinity!

Maybe? unsure.gif

--------------------
"Too often Fate,
By all abhorred,
To savage poison,
Adds the sword"
- Boethius, The Concillations of Philosophy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 06:30 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!