IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So You Think Your House Is Messy?, You ain't seen nothin' yet.
CommieBastard
post Jun 2 2005, 02:00 PM
Post #1

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

This is what happens when you don't throw anything away

Scary, no?

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Jun 2 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

That's actually fairly neat and tidy. I remember hearing about one elderly chap who lived in Blackpool who didn't throw anything away either. But he didn't keep it neat in Xerox boxes. Oh no. He just let it fester. And when I say he didn't throw anything away, I mean anything. Yep, including soiled toilet paper. Yum yum!

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
Pab
post Jun 2 2005, 02:42 PM
Post #3

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

THAT GUY should post in the Philosophy forum.

some quotes:

" ... Notice that even the inside of the bird cages are crowded."

" ... And here's my mom's bedroom. You were probably expecting a bed or something."

" ... Normally it's all brown, but there was rain a few days ago."

" ... chairs in the rafters"

Well ... I feel a whole lot better about my place.

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jun 2 2005, 02:59 PM
Post #4

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

I thought my mother and I hoarded stuff. But no where near that degree.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 2 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Jeez, and I thought I was bad. This woman is more of a packrat than my parents, me and my siblings combined. Even my ultra-packrat uncle isn't that bad.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
oscarhilton
post Jun 2 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #6

Don't do that.

Member No.: 1,683

Yep. Shes got me beat. The URL contains "eBay" at the end... is all that stuff from ebay? if so.... wow.

--------------------
Oscar.

who was e-kighted by Jimijimi, Sir Oscar. ...

My Webpage

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post Jun 2 2005, 07:42 PM
Post #7

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

QUOTE (little_bear @ Jun 2 2005, 02:20 PM)
That's actually fairly neat and tidy.  I remember hearing about one elderly chap who lived in Blackpool who didn't throw anything away either.  But he didn't keep it neat in Xerox boxes.  Oh no.  He just let it fester.  And when I say he didn't throw anything away, I mean anything.  Yep, including soiled toilet paper.  Yum yum!

I remember seeing something about that (or at least something similar). A Life of Grime? The bloke's back yard was taller than him for all the rubbish in it. It had rats, and the bin men refused to sort it out. Truly revolting.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Jun 2 2005, 08:14 PM
Post #8

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Once a year I help my best friend clean, if only to discourage her from eating the open bags of chips she finds under the six-month old hoagies stuck in between dirty long underwear and a wet bathing suit from last season.

Ech. People.

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
arachnidoc17
post Jun 2 2005, 09:53 PM
Post #9

Entomophobic

Member No.: 1,231

Is that like the people with shopping problems?
Those people with the disease where they just go to the mall every day and buy crap? They just shove it somewhere, one woman bought forty pairs of shoes in one day.

Also, I've seen far worse.
One garage, filled to the brim with boxes, literally. Someone had to MAKE A TUNNEL to get to the van, which was immobile anyway because it was completely surrounded by crap. Even the van had crap in it. Imagine the embarassment of having to leave your van in the garage when you move out because you couldn't get to it. That's what happened. Wow.

Also, in the same house, someone took a dump in the toilet and hadn't flushed it. For six months.

Also *yes this is it* one room had marker graffiti all over it.

--------------------
Myriad Reborn.

Have booze, will travel.

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Jun 2 2005, 10:07 PM
Post #10

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

I really don't know how someone could live like that...

They should pile boxes all around the computer, so that they can't get to it to buy more stuff off of ebay.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Jun 2 2005, 11:31 PM
Post #11

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Also *yes this is it* one room had marker graffiti all over it.

...I have marker graffiti all over my room. Done by me. Quotes and lyrics, mostly. But nothing _too_ profane. wink.gif

Where did you find that link, Commie? That was truly the house that crazy built.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Quoth(The Raven)
post Jun 3 2005, 02:08 AM
Post #12

Meow!

Member No.: 1,296

Well, I could see keeping a lot of the dust collectors, even if it went to extremes... But keeping old food around? Even if you collect the boxes, experts tell you to empty 'em, if only to keep pests from ruining them, in search of food... And, If it were me, I'd try to standardise the size of the boxes, to maximise storage. I'd also go through the stuff, on a regular basis, packing and re-packing, but that's my neurosis... tongue.gif

--------------------
Arthur, Gwen, and Quoth...Onwards to 4000 posts!Quoth is Cath's noob - what was she thinking?:)Duckflaps!Watch out for low flying kittens!'Dance, Monkey, Dance!' Well, this monkey don't dance no more!Never say 'die'... except as a command! I adopted Insaneperc!What kind of fool do you take me for? I don't know. How many kinds are there?

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 3 2005, 07:07 AM
Post #13

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

o______________________o

Must...tidy....

That would drive me insane. If my mother was like that I'd probably send her away for a weekend and sneakily pack everything into storage or something. Though it'd take more like 2 months to wade through all that crap.

I get grumpy when my room is a little cluttered for too long (too long being...more than 2 days). I like things tidy. And, frighteningly, I also enjoy organising and tidying things. I could not live in a house like that. Plus, the cardboard on the windows...it'd be dark all the time. Bleeeghhh makes me grumpy just thinking about living somewhere like that!

I could seriously spend 2 months gutting that place. And I probably would if they gave me the chance. Okay, now that I've just frightened myself with that realisation....I'm going to tidy my room. blink.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 3 2005, 03:45 PM
Post #14

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

What kind of gets me is how she keeps mail around for fear that the prisoners will steal her identity. First of all, they must go through thousands of envelopes everyday. What differentiates hers from the rest? Second, why doesn't she just buy a shredder?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Jun 3 2005, 04:01 PM
Post #15

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I have to agree with Cand, it would get on my nerves. I'd get cranky and HAVE to tidy it up, just because it's mostly in boxes doesn't make it ok.

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Jun 3 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #16

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

Last summer I was part of a volunteer group that went to upstate NY and helped repair houses for people who were unable to afford to have it done. The people running it told us a story of one of the houses from about ten years ago. The team was sent to this house to repair the steps of an old lady. When they got to the house, the first thing they noticed was the awful stench coming from it, but, in good taste, they said nothing about it, and for the next few days were cheerful and kind to the lady. At some point one of them needed to enter the house, and when they saw the interior, they realized what the smell was. The lady didn't throw anything away, food was rotting all over the kitchen. She had marks on her neck which, it was later discovered, were from rats who would bite her at night.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 3 2005, 09:54 PM
Post #17

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Jun 3 2005, 12:31 AM)
Where did you find that link, Commie? That was truly the house that crazy built.

Uh, I was looking around on Livejournal seeing how many people had the same interests as me, and it turned out only one other person had "Paratheoanametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric" listed, so I was reading his journal, and he posted that link a month or so ago. And that's my story.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 4 2005, 06:55 PM
Post #18

My direction

Member No.: 495

Can't see the link but don't think thats gonna stop me from posting tongue.gif

Some friends of the family just moved house, which is quite fortunate as their old house was... disgusting. They are a stereotypical "absentminded genius" maths lecturer, his hippie wife and their sheltered, doted upon son... One of them cant remember where he put the plate of food, one likes things "aux naturel" to the point where she's happy with the bins overflowing, because it will eventually turn to compost on the floor, which will be back to nature, won't it? And the son, of course, will do whatever he darn well pleases.

They're nice enough people, but the state of the bathroom... *shudder* My stepmum nearly refused to go over there.

Edit: Now I can see the link dry.gif Meh... look at all that dust... Athsmatics beware...

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Erin
post Jun 6 2005, 05:07 PM
Post #19

the one that is me

Member No.: 1,578

that is rather scary..and i thought my room was the essence of unneatness. turns out my room is very tidy and nice compared. no offense though ya know. tongue.gif

--------------------
--Owner Of Lilith The black and white kitten--
--Cheesemooses Lovely noob--
--Member of the Cult Of Brother Black Sheep--
--Official Beautiful Feathery Girl Over There Erin of Tribe Wyvern--
--damned and dastardly is my noob ^^--

+Quote Post
Wyvern
post Jun 6 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #20

sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes the bug

Member No.: 1,348

Well packrat in training I may be but somehow I can't see things getting quite that bad...Im a tidy packrat tongue.gif

After seeing all that I have a sudden urge to go through everything and get rid of lots of random unused stuff just to calm my nerves. blink.gif

--------------------
[CENTER]Proud participator in the Noob adoption sharing scheme.
Trial specimen: Raevnkite.
Progress:Progressing Nicely

Tribe Wyvern:Come visit!
Im Irishguys Pockety Pet!!!
[/CENTER]
Maps alter your perceptions, confuse your mind and make familiar things seem very strange and thats before you unpack the compass...

+Quote Post
zivane
post Jun 6 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #21

Goddess of Purple Froot Loops

From: various, Jacksonville, Florida, USA, Earth, solar system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
Member No.: 1,682

I think I'll be cleaning my bathroom now. I should really post pics of my mum's house before she moved. It's like that - minus the boxes. There's even a shot where someone couldn't find a place to stuff a mountain dew bottle - it ended up in the case of a functioning computer tower (although not in tower shape at that time...)

--------------------
hawtt?! perfect ^.^

niao! ^.^ mr. cheeseiemooseys n00b - kinda, eh?

t3h uber 1337 LJ monster Little Gamers Web Comic My Space

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 10:25 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!