IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Summer's almost here!, I'm excited...are you??
catchmeifyoucan
post Jun 2 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #1

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,681

I thought this would be a good place to share all of our plans that we have over the summer. I'm working at a great summer camp for the second year to lifeguard and do swim instruction. I'm also going to spend lots of time at my gorgeous lake and swim and water ski and have lots of fun. Between all of this I hope to eventually go to Boston sometime and look at colleges, because I will be a senior next year. So excited for the end of school and the beginning of summer!

--------------------
Did the lights blind you
when they came searching for you

Did you confess or jump through the window

Did you run through the streets at night
Looking for a fight
Or did you lie completely still
Propped up against the windowsill

Did they get you or did you run away
Dancin in the rain
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
trunks_girl26
post Jun 2 2005, 11:05 PM
Post #2

o_O

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,229

Plans?

Work. Save money. Pay for class next semester. tongue.gif

--------------------
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return -Moulin Rouge
"Religion is a finger pointing ot the moon, but some people confuse the finger with the moon."
Truth is subjectivity - Kierkegaard
"I don't know anything; I never knew anything, but now I know I don't know"
"The important thing isn't to know Jesus, Mohamed or Buddah, but to know what they know"

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jun 2 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #3

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

So far, I have plans to get a job, save money and generally relax and take it easy. Things are also in place to go to two summer festivals, to Bulldog Bash with the old man (my dad) and I'm stewarding at Leeds!

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Jun 2 2005, 11:38 PM
Post #4

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

I plan to chill, get pissed, and just generally have a fantastic time and try and forget about all that has happened this year. Yep, truly this summer will rock. Hard.

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Jun 2 2005, 11:46 PM
Post #5

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Going here. Well, not really. But it may as well be. We call the director Corky (as in St. Clair) and there is a token straight guy with a guitar. I actually had my auditions today, so I got to see everyone, and distributed Camp and Waiting For Guffman names to all.

hey, do you wanna come out.....and play the game?

I am a dork. This has been established.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Jun 3 2005, 02:03 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,112

I'm moving out to small town British Columbia where I hope to use some of the expensive training I went through this winter. So, new province, new job, new living space (well, not really, I'm heading back home) and new beginning.

I'm a little worried that things will go pear shaped but I'll be wandering around familiar ground and so everthing should go well and I should do just fabulously. biggrin.gif

No Sushi !! blink.gif ohmy.gif laugh.gif
If I miss it that much then I'll learn to make it myself.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Jun 3 2005, 02:03 AM
Post #7

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

I'm stuck at home all Summer.
I get to take care of babies (yes, they are cute, and that pretty much makes up for the rest of the work.) And one very spoiled two-year-old. I might even get paid. (my mom does the most of the work. the worst of the work. AKA changing diapers, so she gets the money, and it's really up to her whether I get paid or not.)

I may be going to the pool, and maybe Even An amusment park if I get lucky. Oh, And I've been assigned a history essay over the summer (I think it's supossed to be somewhere around 20 pages long.)
So I should be pretty busy...

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 3 2005, 06:57 AM
Post #8

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

I think everyone already knows my plans for the summer, but I'll share them anyhow. I'm going to the UK. biggrin.gif (8 days left until I arrive there!!!)

I've never left America before (not even to go to Canada or Mexico), and the only forumite I've ever met in person has been Lo. I'm going to be staying near snoo and moop for 95% of the time, pretty much. It'll also be the first time going on a plane for me. Wheeee lots of new experiences!

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Jun 3 2005, 08:59 AM
Post #9

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I'm going to France for a bit and then my penfriend is coming to England afterwards. Whilst she's staying with us, we're all going to Deal which is a little town next to Dover. It doesn't sound that exciting though because we go there every Summer and every Christmas because of the whole 'family history' thing. We might also go somewhere else, like Greece or Israel. It should be very fun. smile.gif

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 3 2005, 09:52 AM
Post #10

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I'll be working on my thesis, trying to earn enough money to pay the rent, and making animations.

Yep, another typical summer for me then!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Jun 3 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #11

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

I'm escaping Korea to spend inordinate amounts of money and time in Europe, take pictures, do touristy things, and meet some of the funny sounding forumites for the first half of summer then back to Canadia land for the last half to see my friends and family for the first time since December and generally bum around before school starts up again in September.

Needless to say, I'm so excited I may need several changes of pants.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
little_bear
post Jun 3 2005, 11:56 AM
Post #12

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,378

QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 3 2005, 10:52 AM)
I'll be working on my thesis, trying to earn enough money to pay the rent, and making animations.

Ack, dude. sad.gif

You definitely need to take some chill out time. That's what summer is all about! smile.gif

--------------------
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

+Quote Post
Daedalus
post Jun 3 2005, 12:00 PM
Post #13

Pretend you didn't notice

Member No.: 556

I'm going to Download Festival with snoo next weekend, I'll go to a few gigs (definately NIN, maybe Audioslave), go to the Notts meet, possibly go up to Edinburgh for the Long Walk to Justice, go to the Air Cadet camp at RIAT (big airshow at RAF Fairford) for the last time ever, probably get dragged down to Cornwall for a week by my parents, then off to Prague with snoo and some friends from home, then back to Lancaster a week early to help with the Freshers' Fair at the Uni. Woo!

I might do some work in between all that, because money is pretty useful.

--------------------
I wub snoo

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jun 3 2005, 12:29 PM
Post #14

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

QUOTE (candice @ Jun 3 2005, 07:57 AM)
I think everyone already knows my plans for the summer, but I'll share them anyhow.  I'm going to the UK.  biggrin.gif  (8 days left until I arrive there!!!) 

0o, I better have a wash and find some clean clothes to come meet you in...

QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ Jun 3 2005, 09:59 AM)
we're all going to Deal which is a little town next to Dover. It doesn't sound that exciting though because we go there every Summer and every Christmas because of the whole 'family history' thing.

Deal's alright, it has a beach what more do you want? tongue.gif wink.gif

Er, hello Mata. Circus camp! - sad.gif You are comming, arn't you?

Me? - I will be Meeting Cand, then going to Portugal, meeting Jaq, going to the Glasgow meet, going to circus camp, house sitting. And oh yeah, maybe getting into uni.

I wont be able to make it to any of the other meets I doubt. sad.gif

Other summer plans include making sure I go to the park and lie in the sun reading a book, because that always make me feel fuzzy happy.

Hehehe, I have my fisrt BBQ of the year on Saturday. Weeeeeeee *bounces just a bit*

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jun 3 2005, 01:02 PM
Post #15

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

I'm going to Israel for a cousin's wedding, then to Cornwall with friends for 2 weeks, then having a birthday bash, then going to Reading Festival. Schwing.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 3 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #16

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I'm going to sit in my house, in the shade. And buy thicker curtains. And wait for autumn.

I hate summer.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jun 3 2005, 01:39 PM
Post #17

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Jun 3 2005, 02:10 PM)
I'm going to sit in my house, in the shade. And buy thicker curtains. And wait for autumn.

I hate summer.

But there's no curtains at Reading...

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Chronotub
post Jun 3 2005, 05:08 PM
Post #18

Worrying

Member No.: 1,776

I plan to doss around with my mates and go to RNAS sultan for a few days work experience

--------------------
Rydhsys rag Kernow lemmyn!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 4 2005, 02:03 AM
Post #19

QUOTE (little_bear @ Jun 3 2005, 11:56 AM)
You definitely need to take some chill out time.  That's what summer is all about!  smile.gif

Nice idea, but when you're self-employed you don't have the luxury of chilling too often. Maybe next year I will relax more in the summer, when the PhD is out of the way.

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Jun 3 2005, 12:29 PM)
Er, hello Mata.  Circus camp!  - sad.gif You are comming, arn't you?

I go every year, so yes, I'll definitely be doing that barring acts of deities. I wasn't really counting 48 hours next to a car park in Crawley as quite on-topic, but I guess you're right. 'Tis lots of fun, and I always look forward to it.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Jun 4 2005, 02:16 AM
Post #20

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

I'm going to work (please oh please dear Goddess let me find a job soon...) and start researching scholarships and such for when I go back to college. Randy and I also need to go down to Oregon for a few days to visit with his family. Other than that, I'm going to be doing pretty much the exact same thing Sean is going to be doing, except without central air. I don't think anyone in Seattle has an air conditioner, we've all got our windows open for the breeze off the ocean.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Jun 4 2005, 01:56 PM
Post #21

Advice for the young at heart

Member No.: 33

Do you ever think you will manage to (or want to) go again to the (and I don't know if I've got the name right), The Festival of the Burning Man. If I remember correctly, you went a few years ago?

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 4 2005, 02:31 PM
Post #22

I think I will manage to go again, but it is massively unlikely to happen this year unless there is a startling turnaround in my finances. By 'startling' I mean 'so amazing that I wouldn't be more surprised if the ghost of my grandmother appeared and slapped me around the head with a whole tuna'.

I went to the Burning Man festival in 1999 and in 2002. It really is a lot of fun and a very novel experience, but it's expensive getting over there. When a plane ticket costs about the same as two month's rent then you've got to check your priorities!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
damned and dasta...
post Jun 9 2005, 12:23 PM
Post #23

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,826

Ah summer, I plan on slapping on so much sun cream I'll look like a freaky deaky ghost thing. Oh, and staying glued to the computer..... Poking people could work for me too I suppose..... I've never been to festivals cause I live in Shetland, where nobody comes. Ah well.

--------------------
.....That's because I was fighting the EVIL NINJA HIPPO WARRIORS OF DOOM!

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Jun 9 2005, 01:40 PM
Post #24

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Member No.: 535

This summer willb e the first summer since I was 16 that I won't be working. The whole teacher thing is coming into it's best bits soon and I will hopefully be spending most of it annoying Smiler. My sister's wedding is in August where I will be wearing a green dress and looking like a pillock (I am also singing) which is the only shite part of the summer but I essentially get 6 weeks off from work. The only problem... so do the kids!!!

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Museum Girl
post Jun 9 2005, 10:07 PM
Post #25

GLITTER!!!!!

Member No.: 1,697

QUOTE (Ashbless @ Jun 3 2005, 03:03 AM)
No Sushi !!  blink.gif  ohmy.gif  laugh.gif
If I miss it that much then I'll learn to make it myself.

There are places without sushi?

I am going to Greece with my parents, Reading and Copenhagen with my male and then Ireland to stay with the family. I think I shall teach myself French this time as it's more constructive than sitting in my cousins room (she is in England) reading Anita Blake novels and half heartedly practising tang sou doa.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 01:02 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!