"would you like one?"

"erm, no thanks"

"you can get money off at Alton towers and drayton manor"

"nah, i don't really like alton towers"

"and there's drayton manor?"

"erm, no thanks"

"you sure?"

"yeah"

"oh fine, suit yourself" and scowls at the assistant next to her.

lol, just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Jun 30 2005, 05:32 PM
Post #2

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

Send in a complaint to the manager. Tell them that next time a cashier asks you if you'd like a Clubcard when you've just told them you don't want one, you're going to walk out of the store and never shop there again.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Glimpse
post Jul 1 2005, 01:52 PM
Post #3

Group: New Members
From: 200 miles from salvation, 100 miles from hope, 20 from despair.
Member No.: 1,866

when offered aloyalty card for any store I usually apologise to them

"i'm sorry I've been seeing other supermarkets"

the same cahier rarely asks twice!

--------------------
"I have become a destroyer of worlds" Frank Oppenheimer

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Jul 1 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #4

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

I've got a Tesco clubcard.
I saved lots of money on last week's shopping.
Yay!

I went into Debenhams last year, with my sister, and bought myself a rather substantial amount of clothing (the first time I've ever bought so much clothes for myself) and the girl behind the till offered me a Debenhams card. I'd always been taught not to get a store card, due to high interest rates, so I said no. But my sister pointed out I would be getting about 30 off my shopping if I did get one, and that I could pay it off straight way. So, I did. Thus, I got lots of money off. I paid off the bill in cash, there and then, and I've never used the card since.

So... it isn't all bad.

+Quote Post
Pab
post Jul 1 2005, 04:29 PM
Post #5

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

I agree, hobbes, but this kinda thing would drive me batty too. My point would be that I dont want spammer mentality seeping into real life. So if I say "No thank you", and I get a "oh but you must have one", the only thing they'd get out of me after that would be very loud, very slowly pronounced, and very much inferring the person who's pushing their stuff on me is a moron. I'm hysterical like that, but after a bit it gets that way ... *gnaws on bit of wood*

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Jul 2 2005, 03:10 PM
Post #6

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Pab @ Jul 1 2005, 05:29 PM)
I dont want spammer mentality seeping into real life

Ah, like the telemarketing firms for double glazing?:

X : Would you like a double glazing quote...
Me: No thanks
X : ...with no obligation to buy...
Me: No thanks
X : ...and completely free...
Me: No thanks.

*pause*

X : Uh, and why not?!
Me: *hangs up*

We get telemarketers call my place of work as if, say, we aren't actually... ohh, I dunno... busy working perhaps? We have employed several ways to get rid of them, including the bogstandard, "I have a shop full of customers right now!" and, "This is a rented property."

But the best one, is when a telephone company calls to ask if we wish to make huge savings by changing to their network. To which we reply, "Sorry, we don't have a phone."

+Quote Post
DarkInferno
post Jul 4 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #7

Serpents hide behind your eyes

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 346

Personally I love telemarketers. I try to keep them talking for as long as humanly possible without actually giving any information. Maybe put them on hold once or twice, ask what time they started, how long they have been in telemarketing, them what they are wearing, what route they take to get home at night, if they too have ABC double glazing, what sort of alarm system they have, if they have any pets......

They normally hang up before I do. biggrin.gif

I also like the ones who will cut my phone bill... I go all through the calculations with them. then ask how it could possibly save me money when I currently spend about 1 a month on 2 land lines and a mobile combined, with immaculate service and more free minues/texts then you could shake a proverbial stick at. (much complaining, blagging and knowing people in the know)

--------------------

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is mearly energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.
- Bill Hicks

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jul 4 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #8

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

biggrin.gif I talk to them for ages as well!

A friend of the familly used to work on a customer help line for Curries, and one day was really bored, so he just answered the phone with "hello". The person then went on to complain about a product from Curries, when our friend then told them that it wasn't the Curries customer care line, and that he too was trying to get through to make a complaint.
It really confused the person on the other end!

(Note to self- Try to sell the telemarketers some double glazing next time they call...)

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 4 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #9

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I get really annoyed with them after a while. When you've had six phone calls from the same company in the space of 24 hours it begins to get very irritating, especially if you're waiting for a call from someone you want to hear from.

I had one company phoning up every month-or-so saying that I had asked them to give me a ring back later in the year about double glazing (or something). Apparently I had 'expressed an interest in December'. My arse. I rent so would never had said that. The odd thing is that they then tell me that I did because their computer says so. It's amazing how stridently you have to deny something before they believe that there are other people in their company who are scamming results to get a pay bonus.

The weirdest one I had recently was an Indian person phoning about something to do with mobile phones. Evidently his/her headset wasn't working very well so they were shouting down the line. I couldn't even tell if it was a man or a woman, and every time they spoke in a very thick Indian accent I had to hold the phone away from my ear because it was too loud. I tried my normal request of 'please take me off your company's calling list' but the person didn't have a clue what I was saying and continued jabbering at me in an incomprehensible volume. Weirdly, when I asked them to stop shouting they hung up.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Jul 10 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #10

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

QUOTE (Pab @ Jul 1 2005, 04:29 PM)
if I say "No thank you", and I get a "oh but you must have one"

If they do that to me then I just say: "Do I look/sound brain-damaged?"
Them: "What?"
Me: "Do I look/sound like I just randomly say things that I don't mean?"
Them: "No..."
Me: "Then why are you still trying to sell me [product] when I've just told you I'm not interested?"

Works every time.

QUOTE (DarkInferno @ Jul 4 2005, 04:00 PM)
Personally I love telemarketers. I try to keep them talking for as long as humanly possible without actually giving any information.

I just put the phone down, I don't hang up, I just leave it there on the desk so that they can't ring anyone else, but they are not bothering me. If I want to use the phone and they are still there I just say: "Sorry I lost intrest there, bye." and hang up, but it's much more fun just to leave them and time how long they stay on without any response from you.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Jul 10 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #11

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

I love it when people ask me if I want any of that stuff. Especially when they ring on the phone. I pretend to be really interested and see how long I can keep them going and then I yell at them for bothering me and put down the phone or walk away. Also, I love to boast about how great my windows/telephones e.t.c. are.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Jul 10 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #12

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

I like to make disturbing one sided conversations. Also confusing them or acting like they're giving away information about you because your line is supposedly tapped.

+Quote Post
eleraama
post Jul 17 2005, 04:13 AM
Post #13

There is glass between us...!

Member No.: 1,091

I personally enjoy having 'scenarios' with telemarketers on the phone. One of my favorites:
'<Insert name here>, don't make me get the hose!

Or pretending that I'm foreign, or that the person they want has recently died.

--------------------
"Hell is... other people." No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 09:47 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!